Donald S. Torry, Ph.D.
Interim Associate Dean for Research
For the latest updates and news from the research world at SIU School of Medicine, check out the Research Communiqué, the quarterly newsletter from the office of the ADRFA.
Joe Kurian, PhD studies effects of BPA found in consumer products
BPA leeches into foods, drinks and the environment, resulting in approximately 93 percent of Americans carrying significant levels of the harmful compound. More >
Nie Receives grant to study chemo-resistant lung tumors
Daotai Nie, PhD, professor of MMICB and member of the Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU, has been awarded a grant from the US Department of Defense – US Army Medical Research to study the high recurrence of lung cancer after chemotherapy. Due to exposure to explosive dusts and smoke, members of the military are especially vulnerable to lung cancer.
- Economic Recovery Information
- Stocked Fermentas Freezer
- Promega Freezer Program
- Student Research Opportunities
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Industry Relations Policies
27th Annual Trainee Research Symposium
• Call for abstracts (residents and medical students)
• Call for abstracts (graduate students)
• Sample abstract format
• Application page
- Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum
- Discussion of Study Section Interpretations of NIH Rigor and Reproducibility Requirements. View Video >