Department of Zoology
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
ZOOL 409, VERTEBRATE HISTOLOGY
This page provides links to various resources for ZOOL 409.
- Course description
- SYLLABUS / Calendar (including links to appropriate note pages)
- LECTURE NOTES
- LABORATORY NOTES
- These notes offer a preview of upcoming labs and links to more information about tissues examined during lab.
- Week       [7 midterm]       
(Inactive links should become active as the semester proceeds.)
- Practice Questions for midterm and final exams (these questions come from the School of Medicine site).
- Slide index
- Dr. King's School of Medicine histology page
Medical Histology and Virtual Microscopy Learning Resources, The University of Michigan Medical School
Virtual Histology Laboratory of online slides, with annotation.
These specimens at the Virtual Slidebox (University of Iowa) may be examined with full range of magnification and movement. Requires Java and fast internet connection. [ more about Virtual Slidebox ]
- Annotated Histology Laboratory (specimens include introductory notes)
- Histology Atlas
- Human Histopathology Atlas
Shotgun Histology (on YouTube, narrated surveys of virtual slides)
- Outside link: Quick intro to animal tissues
- ADDITIONAL LINKS TO RELATED SITES
Prof. King's home page
Department of Zoology home page
Comments and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Zoology e-mail: email@example.com
Comments and questions related to web server: firstname.lastname@example.org