Molecular Core Facility
The Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU Molecular Core Facility provides various types of services. The facility is also equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation as listed below. The equipment is accessible to all cancer researchers at SIU-SM.
- Manual Tissue Arrayer 2 (Chemicon)
- Alpha Innotech FlorChem 5500
- Olympus BX41 microscope with digital imaging system
- Olympus IX71 inverted fluorescence microscope with digital camera
- Cryostat (Thermo)
- Microtome and floating water bath (Thermo)
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Real Time PCR System
- Bio-Rad 2-D gel systems
- Savant Integrated SpeedVac
- Agilent Bioanalyser
- LN2 storage (MCR Cryogenics XLC 1200)
In addition, we have the following shared equipment is available to all cancer researchers at SIU-SM.
- Fuji LAS 3000 Luminescent Image Analyzer® for Western blotting, Southern blotting and Northern blotting. The LAS-3000 imaging system is equipped with both the Pro and Lite Image Reader® Software package for data capture and analysis.
- Li-Cor’s Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System equipped with the Odyssey Software package for data acquisition and analysis which includes band sizing and sample quantification.
- Konica SRX-201A Film Processor.
- Biorad Gene Pulser Xcell® total system.
- Beckman Coulter Vi-CELL™ Cell Viability Analyzer and Counter
- Shimadzu HPLC system with IN/US B-Ram Model 2B Flow-through Radio-Isotope Beta Gamma Detector.
- 96-well Fluorometer with one dispenser for use in reporter gene assays, immunoassays, hybridization assays, DNA quantitation, cell adhesion, and quantitation of PCR products.
- 96-well Luminometer with one dispenser for reporter gene assays, such as luciferase and galactosidase; luminescent immunoassays; ATP-based assays and DNA hybridization assays.
- 96-well Spectrophotometer with a cuvette holder for the ability to read from visible to UV wavelengths.