Online Cancer Prevention and Detection Training
The Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU School of Medicine (SIUMED) is now offering FREE Cancer Prevention and Detection Online Training. The purpose of this training is to provide cancer prevention and detection information and resources to educators, health care professionals and consumers to be able to conduct outreach activities in their own communities. Educational materials and resources are made available to those individuals who complete the training.
You must login with a username and password. If you have an SIUMED account you may login by using your SIUMED username and password.
|No SIUMED account? You will need to create a Friend account.
Forgot your password? Reset your password
|Use your SIUMED or Friend account username and password to access the training.|
Always use this page to log into the training site and, after completing the course, to access the Educator Resources and Tool Kit. Bookmark this page in your browser for easy access. (http:///www.siumed.edu/cancer/onlinetraining)
Here is how it works:
- The first time you access the course, fill out the Registration page.
- There are 14 modules that must be completed in their entirety and in order before going to the next module.
- The training takes between one hour and one and one-half hours to complete.
- You can start and stop the training and come back to where you left off by using the "Login Now" button above.
- Each module contains information on cancer prevention and detection with 2-3 questions that must be answered before moving on to the next module.
- Do not use your browser Back button within the training; use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screens (you may have to scroll down to see them).
- Once you have finished all 14 modules, complete the evaluation form.
- Print off your certificate, which will include the link needed to access the educational materials.
- You may then use the educational materials that are available to download as well as the recommended Internet resources.
- To print pages in the modules and your certificate, use your browser Print button.
Have fun and promote cancer prevention and detection in your community!
If you have questions, please contact:
Rhona Kelley, MLS
- Fitness Classes Available at SCI
- Learn More About Symptom Management
- SIU Behavioral and Psychosocial Oncology
- Prevention Tips
- Screening Guidelines
- Illinois County by County Statewide Resources
- Patient Navigation Program
- Online Cancer Prevention and Detection Training
- View Event Calendar