Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU’s Outreach Program provides education, awareness and information to communities through organizations, health care professionals, patients, care givers, and the public. The Outreach Program coordinates community screening and educational activities with the Cancer Institute’s clinical and bench research faculty and staff. The goals of the Outreach Program are to ensure that individual community cancer needs are identified and, then to, facilitate meeting those needs through promoting the services of the Cancer Institute.
The Outreach Program is committed to:
- Ensuring that the people of central and southern Illinois have access to the latest cancer education and information;
- Keeping the people of central and southern Illinois informed on the latest cancer education events;
- Providing communities with education, information and screening opportunities;
- Collaborating with communities to address their cancer needs;
- Promoting the resources and expertise of the Cancer Institute