Patient Navigation and Financial Counseling
Navigating the health care system can be a significant obstacle for cancer patients, survivors, and their families. The emotional, physical, and financial needs can be overwhelming.
The Navigator can assist you with the following needs:
- Attend doctor visits with you at your request, take notes and communicate with your care team
- Help manage treatment side effects
- Connect you with home support or specialized equipment to promote independent living
- Assist you in completing Power of Attorney for Healthcare or Living Will documents
- Provide you with information on Social Security Disability requirements
- Provide education materials on informed decision making
- Provide you with information on local support resources, such as Physical Therapy, Dietician, Dental and/or vision care, support groups, caregiver support, Simmons Cancer Institute Wellness Center
- Schedule a time to visit the Wig Salon at the Simmons Cancer Institute
- Explore transportation and hotel options if needed.
The Financial Counselor can assist you with the following needs:
- Medication assistance
- Insurance Benefit Checks
- Medicaid Program Management
- Commercial Insurance Management
- Patient Billing Assistance
- Financial Application assistance
- Assistance with applying to a variety of foundations for financial assistance
Financial assistance can come from drug companies, foundation grants and state or federal assistance.
The services of the Nurse Navigator and Financial Counselor are provided at no cost to you.
Patient Navigator - Audre Halford, RN 217.545.1105
Financial Counselor - Kristen Lane 217.545.6122