Clinical Trials Core (CTC)
The Clinical Trials Core (CTC) is designed to assist in planning, initiating, and conducting clinical trials. The CTC works closely with sponsors, investigators, and the IRB to facilitate successful conduct of clinical trials that meet the regulatory requirements that govern human subject research.
The CTC will:
- Facilitate, foster, and support the conduct of high-quality clinical research;
- Increase studies that provide patients with access to cutting edge clinical research opportunities and treatments not widely available;
- Serve as a shared resource to investigators and research coordinators.
- Research nurse/coordinator support including study start-up, follow-up, and closeout.
- To screen and identify eligible patients for clinical studies.
- Contract and budget preparation and negotiation.
- IRB and regulatory document preparation, submission, continuing review
- Educational opportunities for clinical investigators and study staff.
The CTC is highly flexible and capable of responding to changing investigator needs. Currently, the primary service of the CTC will be to provide the infrastructure for sponsored clinical trials by SIU SM investigators.