Passport to Shared Care 17th Annual Simmons Cancer Institute Symposium
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 7:45am to 3:30pm
Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, 228 W Miller Street, Springfield, IL
Using three case presentations as the core of the content, the symposium will examine the concept of shared care between primary care and oncology. In addition, guest speaker Anna Leahy, MFA, PhD, author of Conversing with Cancer and Tumor, will discuss shared language and shared goals in health communication.
Additional topics will include:
- What If It’s Not Cancer?
- Addressing Health Disparities in Cancer Care
- What Is Shared Care?
- 911: Recognizing and Responding to Oncological Emergencies
- Case Presentations: Hematology Referral from Primary Care, Leukemia Patient with Medication Adverse Event, and Breast Cancer Patient with Communication Lapse
- This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Nurses may receive up to 6.00 contact hours for completing this activity.
- Credit information for other health care professionals is detailed in the conference brochure.
Questions? Contact the Office of Continuing Professional Development at 217-545-7711 or email@example.com.
SIU Events for Faculty and Staff, Resident and Fellow, Student