Faculty Profiles : Dr. Harold R. Bardo
Harold Bardo, PhD
Assistant Dean, Minority Affairs and Counseling
Associate Professor/Associate Chair, Dept of Medical Education
Carbondale, IL 62901-4323
Phone: 618. Fax: 618.
- Ph.D. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale 1972 Education
- M.S. Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville 1969 Education
- B.S. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale 1962 Education
Measurement and Evaluation in the Classroom, standardized testing, analysis of classroom behavior, and learning styles.
- Jackson, E., McGlinn, S., Rainey, M. and Bardo, H. (2003). MEDPREP-Thirty Years of Making a Difference. Academic Medicine, 78(5), 448-453.
- McGlinn, S., Jackson, E., and Bardo, H. (1999). Post-Baccalaureate Medical/Dental Education Preparatory Program (MEDPREP) at Southern Illinois University.
Academic Medicine, 74(4), 380-382.
- Henry, P. & Bardo, H. Correlation Between Scores on the Medical College Admissions Test and the Developing Cognitive Abilities Tests for Minority
and Disadvantaged Premedical Students.
Accepted for 1996 publication in The Advisor, publication of the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc.
- "MEDPREP: A Model to Facilitate Entry Into Medical School." GSA-MAS Research Forum. Annual Meeting of the Association of American Medical Colleges,
New Orleans, Louisiana, October 30-November 5, 1998. (With Shirley McGlinn and Evelyn Jackson.)
- Invited Presentation: Keynote Address, "Post-baccalaureate Programs--Five Years Later."
Third National HCOP Post-baccalaureate Programs Conference Proceedings, April 30-May 2, 1995.
- "Follow-Up Study of a Premedical Program for Underrepresented Populations." Annual Conference for Generalists in Medical Education.
New Orleans, Louisiana, November 8-9, 1992. (With Evelyn Jackson and Shirley McGlinn.)
- "MCAT and the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Student." National Post Baccalaureate Programs Conference. Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, May 14 15, 1992.
- "The 1991 MCAT." National Postbaccalaureate Programs Conference. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, March 4-5, 1991.
- Illinois Cooperative for Diversity in Health Careers, Illinois Board of Higher Education/Higher Education Cooperative Act, FY03, $26,700.
- Illinois Cooperative for Diversity in Health Careers, Illinois Board of Higher Education/Higher Education Cooperative Act, FY02, $41,000.
- MEDPREP/Partnership Program, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/Bureau of Health Professions, FY05, $410,693.
- MEDPREP/Partnership Program, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/Bureau of Health Professions, FY04, $400,590.