Nurse Educator Profiles : Staci Becker,RN, MSN
Staci Becker, RN, MSN
Nurse Educator for the Psychiatry Clerkship
801 North Rutledge St. Room
P.O. Box 19622 #3153
Springfield, IL 62794-9622
217-545-7624 (phone), 217-545-0192 (fax)
- M.S., Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, 1998
- B.S., Nursing, St. John's College, Springfield, 1995
- Nurses in medical education
- Curriculum design
- Technology in education
- Responsible for providing and enhancing educational experiences of medical students.
- Serve as advisor to medical students.
- Train students in clerkship-related clinical skills.
- Develop, design and administer patient problem simulations in multiple formats (standardized patients, paper simulations, computer simulations).
- Develop, design and administer performance-based assessments.
- Score clinical assessments and provide feedback to students on their interview skills.
- Developed Required Patient Encounter Card (RPE) to ensure all students are exposed to similar psychiatric illness during clerkship.
- Monitor student progress in meeting RPE requirements.
- Conduct individual midterm meeting to gauge progress and student needs.
- Paper: "Determining, Monitoring and Verifying Patient-Student Involvement (ED-2) In a Psychiatry Clerkship: Preliminary Findings." Academic Psychiatry 2006; 30(5) 397-402.
- Contributing Author: Toy EC, Klamen D. Case Files Psychiatry. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.; 2009.
- Contributing Author: Toy EC, Klamen D. Case Files Psychiatry. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.; 2012.
- "Bringing a Psychiatry Clerkship into Compliance with ED-2: One School's Endeavor." Association of Academic Psychiatry Conference, September 29, 2005, Chicago, IL.
- "Nurse Educators as a Tool for Enhancing Medical Educators." Southern Illinois University School of Medicine's 1st Annual Symposium on Teaching and Learning, February 2, 2010. Springfield, IL.
- Association of Academic Psychiatry (AAP)
- Faculty/Administrative Grievance Committee 2008-present