Faculty Profiles : Dr. Elizabeth Dawson
Elizabeth Dawson, PhD
Research Professor, Department of Medical Education
Professor, Emeritus in Medicine
913 N Rutledge St., Rm. 1236
P.O. Box 19681
Springfield, IL 62794-9681
217-545-8049 (phone), 217-545-0120 (fax)
- Ph.D. 1977 University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- M.A. 1973 Sangamon State University, Springfield, IL
- B.A. 1972 University now University of Illinois, Springfield, IL
Electives for medical students in reading the medical literature;
Seminars for residents, fellows, and physicians in research design and biostatistic topics
Invited seminars nationally and internationally in research design and statistical methods
Workshops for faculty in item writing for assessment of achievement, locally and internationally
- Distlehorst H, Dawson E, Robbs RS, Barrows HS. Problem-based learning outcomes: The glass half-full.
Acad Med 80 (2005):294-299.
- Matevey C, Rogers LQ, Dawson E, Tudor-Locke C. Lack of reactivity during pedometer self-monitoring in adults.
Meas in Phys Educ Exercise Sci 10 (2006):1-11.
- Sood A, Dawson BK, Eid W, Eagleton LE, Henkle JQ, Hopkins-Price P.
Obesity is associated with bronchial hyper-responsiveness in women. J Asthma 42 (2005):847-852.
- Sood A, Dawson BK, Eid W, Eagleton LE, Henkle JQ, Hopkins-Price P, Qualls C.
Effect of change of reference standard to NHANES III on interpretation of spirometric 'abnormality.'
International Journal of COPD 2(3) (2007):361-7
- Distlehorst L, Dawson BK, Klamen D:
Supervisor and Self Ratings of Graduates from Medical Schools Having Dual Curricula.
Teaching and Learning in Medicine 24(4), (2009): 291-298.
- Dawson B, Trapp RG. Biostatistics, 4th Ed. New York: McGraw Hill (2004).
- Dawson-Saunders B, Trapp RG. Bioestadística Médica. 2nd Spanish Ed. Deleg, Cuauhtémoc, México, DF: Manual Moderno (1997).
- Dawson-Saunders B, Trapp RG. Basic and Clinical Biostatistics. 2nd Japanese Ed. Tokyo: Medical Services International, Ltd. (1997).
- Newble D, Dawson B (Eds), Dauphinee D, Macdonald M, Mulholland H, Page G, Swanson D, Thomson A, van der Vleuten C.
Guidelines for assessing clinical competence. Teaching and Learning in Medicine 6 (1994):213-220.
- Newble D, Dauphinee D, Dawson B, Macdonald M, Mulholland H, Page G, Swanson D, Thomson A, van der Vleuten C.
Guidelines for the development of effective and efficient procedures in the assessment of clinical competence.
In The Certification and Recertification of Doctors: Issues in the Assessment of Competence, D Newble (Ed), pp. 69-91.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (1994).
- Saunders J, Dawson B. Bone damage patterns produced by extinct hyena Pachycrocuta Breviorostris (Mammalia: Carnivora),
at the Haro River Quarry, Northwestern Pakistan. In Y Tomida, LJ Flynn & LL Jacobs (Eds):
Advances in Vertebrate Paleontology and Geochronology, pp. 215-144. National Science Museum Monographs, No. 14, Tokyo, 1999.
- Case Studies in Science Education. University of Illinois. National Science Foundation. (Survey Coordinator)
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Fellow, American Statistical Association
- Who's Who in the World