Faculty Profiles : Helen Moose, RN, MS, CNM
Helen Moose, RN, MS, CNM
801 North Rutledge St
P.O. Box 19622
Springfield, IL 62794-9622
217-545-4186 (phone), 217-545-0192 (fax)
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, MS in Nurse-Midwifery, 1999
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, BS in Nursing, 1983
- Certified Nurse Midwife, American College of Nurse Midwives,1999
- Certified ALSO Instructor (Advanced Life Support for Obstetrics)
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 2004
- Women’s Health
- Prenatal Care/Centering Pregnancy
- Oral health
- Interprofessional Education
- Responsible for helping to coordinate and serve as a resource during the Internal Medicine Clerkship for third year medical students
- Responsible for providing and enhancing educational skills of medical students.
- Score and provide feedback to students for history and physical write-ups and SOAP notes.
- Serve as advisor to medical students
- Facilitate student mentor clinic activities.
- Teach, observe and provide feedback to students regarding clinical skills such as physical assessment, documentation, and pelvic exam skills.
- Midwives in Medical Education: The Who’s, Why’s, and How’s, ACNM 56th Annual Meeting, May 24, 2011. (San Antonio, TX)
- Centering Pregnancy-Group Prenatal Care”, SIU OB Residency Conference, July 23, 2010. (Springfield, IL)
- The Growing Problem of Obesity and Its Impact on Pregnancy”-19th Annual March of Dimes Perinatal Nursing Symposium, November 15, 2007. (Springfield, IL)
- Prenatal Oral Health Project”, Helen Moose, CNM, and Tracey Smith, M.S., Illinois Rural Health Association 15th Annual conference. April 15th, 2004 (Bloomington. IL)
- Smoking Cessation Program for Expectant Women in a Rural Clinic”- Tracey Smith, MS, and Helen Moose, CNM, Illinois Rural Health Association 15th Annual Conference. April 15th, 2004 (Bloomington, IL.).
- In 2009, our midwifery practice (SIU Center for Family Practice) received the Silver Commendation Award from the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- Nominating Committee-ACNM Chapter VI-2 (2008-2012)
- State Lobby Day for Nurse Midwives- Coordinator (2007-2009)
- CNM Representative- ISAPN State Board (2007-2009)
- Program Committee- ISAPN Midwest Conference (2007-2009)
- Received March of Dimes Illinois Chapter Community Service Grant in 2008 to Implement Centering Pregnancy at SIU Center for Family Medicine in 2008- Principal Investigator- Helen Moose, CNM.
- Received an Interdisciplinary Rural Health Grant through the Center for Rural Health Professions in 2004 for a Prenatal Oral Health Education Project in a Rural Prenatal Program -H. Moose, CNM, Tracey Smith, M.S., and Linda Werner, LC
- Was a Burdick Fellow from 2003-2005 and served as a member of the Quentin Burdick Interdisciplinary Fellowship Team which worked with the Macoupin County Health Department on developing rural health projects.
- Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society, Nu Pi Chapter, 1993