Jeanne L. Koehler, PhD
Research Projects Include:
Qualitative Research Methods
Social and Educational Innovation
Resilience and Adversity
Problem Based and Experiential Learning
Community and Organizational Change
Teaching Interests and Experiences Include:
Problem Based Learning Across Different Settings
Cognitive Development: Teaching and Learning Strategies
Fostering Resilience During Times of Difficulty and Adversity
Innovation and Social Change
Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, and Performance Assessment
Community Level Problem-Based Learning and Collaborative Research
- National Education Association. $1000 grant for a collaborative service project with McLean County Habitat for Humanity in collaboration with IWU Student Education Association president (Fall 2013).
- Structuring Faculty Work Around Student Learning (recipient of grant authored by Robin Leavitt and Leah Nillas for Educational Studies). Teagle Foundation (Spring 2013)
- Illinois Wesleyan University Course Development Grant for Reading Across the Content Areas (Fall 2012)
- Contributor, Integration and Modeling of Instructional Technology in Teacher Education, PNC Foundation, with Robin Leavitt (primary author, Frank Boyd). Recipient of $25,000 grant to embed technology in upper level Curriculum and Pedagogy course.
- Illinois Wesleyan University Course Development Grant for infusing technology into a secondary education methods course (Fall 2011).