(Southern and Central Illinois Advisory Group for Ethics)
Direction, Vision, Clarity
Clinical Ethics Center (CEC) at Memorial Medical Center
Southern & Central Illinois Advisory Group for Ethics
SAGE was founded on a commitment to providing equal access to high-quality services and professional Ethics experts without the high cost of starting and maintaining a dedicated Ethics Center. Thus, the purpose of SAGE is to advance the ethical practice of medicine through the development of a community ethics network. This ethics network:
- Provides speakers, educational program, and educational resources to healthcare facilities and providers.
- Advances the development of institutional ethics committees through education and guided self-assessment.
- Promotes networking between individuals and institutions by sharing information and resources among members.
- Encourages activities to strengthen and widen interest and expertise in clinical ethics.
- Assists the achievement of organizational goals by creating real-life examples of Ethical Leadership.
SAGE Regional Network
SAGE’s professional Clinical Ethics consultants work with all levels of healthcare providers and healthcare agencies in Central and Southern Illinois.
Director: J. M. Craig, Ph.D
Coordinator: Shilpa Shashidhara, Ph.D.
Clinical Ethicist: Christine Gorka, Ph.D.
Support: Laura Dillon
Clinical Ethics Center
Memorial Medical Center - Box #42
701 North 1st Street
Springfield, IL 62781-0001
Office: (217) 788-3868
Fax: (217) 757-2359