- About Us
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Activities
- For Media
Citizenship activities are those for which employees would individually donate their talents and times. They can offer aid through the following organizations:
- St. John’s Breadline
- Sojourn Shelter
- Enos Elementary School (District 186’s Adopt-A-School program)
- A community service fair is held at the School biennually, designed to help people collaborate and find opportunities together.
- Junaia Carter 5K Run for charity
- Shoes That Fit
- Free Clinics and Health Screenings
- Annual public education programs about cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other topics
- “ThinkFirst” injury prevention program, which aims to reduce brain and spinal injuries through public education sessions in local schools and community forums
- Pearson Lectures
- SIU Men’s Night Out programs
- Programs such as the Physician Pipeline Preparatory Program (P4) and Medical Explorers are introducing medical careers to teenagers.
- SIU Department of Family & Community Medicine (FCM)
FCM faculty members have forged ongoing partnerships with community groups, which have led to formal curricular evaluations of community health needs.
Tar Wars Program
SIU medical students went to Wilcox Elementary School to teach our 4th and 5th grade students about the dangers of tobacco use in their “Tar Wars” presentations.
More images may be scene on the Wilcox Elementary School web site