Dennis G. Petty, M.S.W., M.Div., LCSW
Clinical Instructor for Behavior Science
Master of Social Work, University of Illinois – Urbana
National Institute of Mental Health Fellow
Post-graduate courses and training in Family Systems Therapy and Supervision
Approved Supervisor, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
Master in Divinity, Lincoln Christian Seminary - Lincoln
Community Seminars and Classroom Presentations:
- Petty, D. (February 24-27, 2008) Coping with Trauma.
Brief classroom presentations and support for students and staff at NIU.
- Petty, D. (March, June, October of 2007) PREPARE/ENRICH Program.
Certification training for counselors on assessing and treating couples.
- Petty, D. (October, 2006; March, 2007) Predicting Marital Success.
Lecture to graduate class on marriage counseling at Lincoln Christian Seminary.
- Petty, D. (September, 2006; February, 2007) Group Process and Leadership.
Lecture and group problem solving exercise to a graduate class on leadership.
- Petty, D. (October, 2005) Setting Healthy Boundaries in Relationships.
Retreat and training for staff of a Springfield homeless shelter.
- Petty, D. (May, 2000) A Model for Developing Cohesion in Stepfamilies.
Seminar for counselors with Lutheran Child and Family Services.
- Petty, D. (April & November, 1998) The Solution-Oriented Counseling Interview.
Three hour lecture to graduate counseling class at the University of Illinois.