To be eligible to participate in the Family & Community Medicine Preceptorship, physicians must:
- be board certified in Family practice;
- be in full-time practice;
- have been in practice in present location for at least one year;
- practice in Illinois;
- have the cooperation and support of admitting hospitals to ensure that students gain hospital experience;
- have a well-rounded family practice. Physicians whose practices consist of special populations (i.e. chemically dependent, geriatrics or developmentally disabled patients) will not be eligible;
- adhere to preceptorship guidelines, including required learning activities for students, evaluation components, and administrative procedures such as site visits.