If you need to use the new SIUC Banner student information system for your work with medical, MedPrep, or graduate students, you will need a Banner account. Receiving access to a Banner account requires several steps, which are outlined below. These instructions are customized for School of Medicine users.
1. Banner Training: You must have completed Banner training, before a Banner account will be created for you. Information on Banner training is available at: http://udc.rocks.siu.edu/udc/training/ .
[Note: In order to register for Banner access, you will need to use an siu.edu account (siumed.edu e-mail addresses will not work with the sign-up process). All School of Medicine employees are eligible for siu.edu accounts. If you already have an siu.edu account, please skip to step 5.]
2. Determine your Dawg Tag number: Before getting an siu.edu account, you will need to know your Dawg Tag. Go to https://udc.rocks.siu.edu/udc/dawgtag/lookup.html.
3. Request a Network ID: Go to https://websec.it.siu.edu/util/id_request.html and enter the required information (you will need your Dawg Tag here). The pin is the same as you used in the Dawg Tag look-up. Be sure to check the box that says you've read and agree to the policies. You will receive a pop-up box that explains the composition of the temporary password that has been assigned to your user id; be sure to make a note of that information.
4. Establish password for Network ID: There is an approximate 30 minute lag before your account is active. After that interval, you may log-in (https://webmail.siu.edu/smms) and change your password (https://websec.it.siu.edu/util/passwd.html). Tip: You must enroll in the "forgotten password service" before you can change your password. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and include upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Also, it's a good idea to forward your siu.edu account to your siumed.edu account, so you will receive password expiration notices, etc. This is done through the Message Organizer (https://saluki-mail.siu.edu:8892/smimc/main). Additional instructions on this and the preceding steps are available at: http://www.siumed.edu/ir/faq/siucnetworkid.htm .
5. Request a Banner account. Go to http://udc.rocks.siu.edu/udc/udcsrs/ . Use your siu.edu net id and password to log in. Check the Banner box. You are also asked for a departmental authorization. If your supervisor does not have an siu.edu account (@siumed.edu will not work), please use email@example.com. SIUC Banner personnel have authorized Connie Poole to approve Banner accounts for the School of Medicine.