Forwarding SIUMED email to a non-SIUMED email account in Webmail
SIU School of Medicine is not responsible for the handling or security of e-mail forwarded to other e-mail providers. Incoming messages to the School of Medicine from external e-mail providers may be marked as spam and the user's SIU School of Medicine affiliation may not be apparent to recipients.
Your SIUMED e-mail account may be accessed from any computer with Internet access.
Use your web browser to connect to the following address: https://webmail.siumed.edu
Create Your Own Forwarding Filter
- Click on "Filters" menu and click the "New Rule" button.
- For Rule Name enter "Forwarding".
- Under For an incoming message that matches: select "Any of the following"
- From the "Select a field" drop down box select:
- To from the drop down box
- Contains from the drop down box
- Enter your: siumed email userid in the third text box. For example: jdoe
- Under Do this: select Redirect to
- Enter the name of your non-SIUMED email account that you want your email forwarded to. For example: "email@example.com"
- Click "Save" button. Now you have a new Filter Rule for your list