SIUC Network ID
Your SIUC Network ID is "SIU + Dawg Tag number" (for example: SIU85xxxxxxxxx).
If you don't know your Dawg Tag number, you can look it up at: https://sisweb.eis.siu.edu/sis/dawgtag/
SIUC Network IDs and @siu.edu email accounts are provided and supported by SIUC Information Technology (618-453-5155)
SIUC Network ID and Password are used to access the following SIUC services in Carbondale:
SIUC Email Account
SIUC wireless network - http://wireless.it.siu.edu/
non-SIUMED smart classroom and auditorium instructional computers
Morris Library computer access
SIUC computer labs
SIUC IT's Microsoft software download website
SIUC Banner system (Student Information System - SIUC) Banner Account Request Instructions for Faculty or Staff (requires previous Banner training)
To claim your SIUC Network ID and create your @siu.edu email account
Go to: https://netid.siu.edu
* IMPORTANT – To prevent your SIUC Network ID from becoming “locked”, it is STRONGLY recommended that you forward your @siu.edu email to your @siumed.edu email account in order to receive expiring password notices.
Email Forwarding Instructions (forward @siu.edu to @siumed.edu)
- Go to: office.siu.edu
- Log in with your SIUC Network ID and password.
- Click on the Gear, located at the right side of the page
- Click on Options
- In the left column under Accounts, click on Forwarding
- Select the radio button Start Forwarding
- In the "Forward my email to:" enter your @siumed.edu email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org