SIUC Network ID
SIUC Network IDs and @siu.edu email accounts are provided and supported by SIUC Information Technology (618-453-5155)
SIUC Network ID and Password are used to access the following SIUC services in Carbondale:
SIUC wireless network - http://wireless.it.siu.edu/
non-SIUMED smart classroom and auditorium instructional computers
Morris Library computer access
SIUC computer labs
SIUC IT's Microsoft software download website
SIUC Banner system (Student Information System - SIUC) Banner Account Request Instructions for Faculty or Staff (requires previous Banner training)
To claim your SIUC Network ID and create your @siu.edu email account
Go to http://my.siumed.edu and see “SIUC” links for Network ID setup
* IMPORTANT – To prevent your SIUC Network ID from becoming “locked”, it is STRONGLY recommended that you forward your @siu.edu email to your @siumed.edu email account in order to receive expiring password notices.
Email Forwarding Instructions (forward @siu.edu to @siumed.edu)
- Go to: http://webmail.siu.edu
- Log In
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Select radio button
Forward a copy of incoming mail to [enter your @siumed.edu email address]
- A confirmation code will be sent to your siumed.edu email address. Open another window and log onto your SIUMED email. https://webmail.siumed.edu Confirm request.
- Log out of SIUMED and SIU email accounts.