Medical Library / Department of Information and Communication Sciences
- "The Bad Bug Book" - Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook (second edition)
- This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. It brings together information from the Food & Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service, and the National Institutes of Health.
- Credo Reference
- Includes Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Biographies, Quotations, Bilingual Dictionaries, Crossword Solver, Measurement Conversions
- Clinical Pharmacology
- A comprehensive resource including drug monographs, drug interaction reports, patient handouts, dosing calculators, and multiple search capabilities.
- EbscoHost eBook Collection
- Choose "All EbscoHost Databases/Journals", then choose "eBook Collection."
- Harrisons Online
- Featuring the complete contents of Harrison's Principles of
Internal Medicine, 18e. Sections can be printed, emailed, or downloaded for handheld devices.
- Medical Dictionary from Merriam-Webster
- Free online medical dictionary
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Free access to life science and healthcare books and documents in the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- Oxford English Dictionary
- The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language
- Todar's Online Textbook of Bacteriology
- An electronic text by a University of Wisconsin professor in the Department of Bacteriology. Constantly updated.
- Visual Histology Text Book
- Concise, illustrated on-line Text-Atlas, “Visual Histology,” by Moran & Rowley. Originally published in “hard copy” and now available as a free online book.
Books Available Through ClinicalKey:
Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Hospice & Palliative Care
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation