Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Google Scholar @ SIU Medical Library
Google Scholar can link to full-text journals at the SIU Medical Library
On campus, users of Google Scholar automatically see full text link "Find It @ SIUSM" and interlibrary loan link "Check Holdings@ SIUSM" in addition to direct link to PDF or html full texts.
- If the Medical Library has full text, users can either click directly on the full text link, or click on "Get It @ SIUSM" to get full text.
- If the Medical Library does not have full text, the link "Get Help @ SIUSM " takes users to a page with links to the Interlibrary Loan form and to search the catalog for print copy.
Off campus, to set up SIU Medical Library links,
- Go to the Google Scholar home page.
- Click on "Scholar Preferences" by the Search button.
- From "Library Links" or "Find Library" box , find Southern Illinois University School of Medicine and set preferences.
- "Find It @ SIUSM" and "Check Holdings @ SIUSM" will then appear in search results.
Try Advanced Search to specify searches by author, date, publication, subject, or exact phrase.