(April 11, 2011)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) Issues New Clinical Alert on Angioplasty Combined with Stenting Plus Aggressive Medical Therapy vs. Aggressive Medical Therapy Alone for Intracranial Arterial Stenosis: NINDS Stops Trial Enrollment Due to a Higher Risk of Stroke and Death in the Stented Group
(April 11, 2011)
1. Bartke A. Growth hormone, insulin and aging: The benefits of endocrine defects. Experimental Gerontology. 2011 Feb-Mar;46(2-3):108-11.
2. Bartke A. Miller time. Aging Cell. 2011 Feb;10(1):1-.
3. Batton DG, DeWitte DB, Pryce CJE. One Hundred Consecutive Infants Born at 23 Weeks and Resuscitated. American Journal of Perinatology. 2011 Apr;28(4):299-304.
4. Bhaumik SR. Distinct regulatory mechanisms of eukaryotic transcriptional activation by SAGA and TFIID. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta-Gene Regulatory Mechanisms. 2011 Feb;1809(2):97-108.
5. Chen CF, He XL, Arslan AD, Mo YY, Reinhold WC, Pommier Y, et al. Novel Regulation of Nuclear Factor-YB by miR-485-3p Affects the Expression of DNA Topoisomerase II alpha and Drug Responsiveness. Molecular Pharmacology. 2011 Apr;79(4):735-41.
6. Coverdill JE, Carbonell AM, Cogbill TH, Fryer J, Fuhrman GM, Harold KL, et al. Professional values, value conflicts, and assessments of the duty-hour restrictions after six years: a multi-institutional study of surgical faculty and residents. American Journal of Surgery. 2011 Jan;201(1):16-23.
7. Fan J, Li XA, Zhong LL, Hao T, Di J, Liu F, et al. MCP-1, ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 are present in early aneurysmal dilatation in experimental rats. Folia Histochemica Et Cytobiologica. 2010;48(3):455-61.
8. Florence LS, Feng S, Foster CE, Fryer JP, Olthoff KM, Pomfret E, et al. Academic Careers and Lifestyle Characteristics of 171 Transplant Surgeons in the ASTS. American Journal of Transplantation. 2011 Feb;11(2):261-71.
9. Frederick L, Benson AD, McKenna PH. A case of coronal urethral duplication with no other abnormalities. Canadian Journal of Urology. 2011 Feb;18(1):5557-9.
10. Gesing A, Masternak MM, Wang FY, Karbownik-Lewinska M, Bartke A. Increased mitochondrial biogenesis in mice with targeted disruption of growth hormone receptor. Experimental Gerontology. 2011 Feb-Mar;46(2-3):207-.
11. Halford WP, Puschel R, Gershburg E, Wilber A, Gershburg S, Rakowski B. A Live-Attenuated HSV-2 ICP0(-) Virus Elicits 10 to 100 Times Greater Protection against Genital Herpes than a Glycoprotein D Subunit Vaccine. Plos One. 2011 Mar;6(3).
12. Jayaramaiah P, Speil N, Gupta S, Khardori R. Mild Androgen Insensitivity (MAIS) and Osteoporosis. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
13. Jayaramaiah P, Speil N, Gupta S, Khardori R, Fratianni C. Hyperthyroidism in a Patient Therapeutically Immunosuppressed after Successful Cadaveric Renal Transplantation. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
14. Jenkins WD, Rabins C, Barnes M, Agreda P, Gaydos C. Use of the internet and self-collected samples as a sexually transmissible infection intervention in rural Illinois communities. Sexual Health. 2011;8(1):79-85.
15. Jensik PJ, Arbogast LA. Differential and Interactive Effects of Ligand-Bound Progesterone Receptor A and B Isoforms on Tyrosine Hydroxylase Promoter Activity. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
16. Le Prell CG, Hensley BN, Campbell KCM, Hall JW, Guire K. Evidence of hearing loss in a ''normally-hearing'' college-student population. International Journal of Audiology. 2011 Mar;50:S21-S31.
17. Mai C, Beck R, Gabriel K, Singh KA. Posterior Arm Compartment Syndrome After a Combined Supracondylar Humeral and Capitellar Fractures in an Adolescent: A Case Report. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2011 Apr-May;31(3):E16-E9.
18. Mansuri O, Sundareshan V, Khardori NM. EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INFECTIONS CAUSED BY STREPTOCOCCUS ANGINOSUS GROUP AT A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL IN SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2011 Apr;59(4):716-7.
19. Masternak MM, Wang FY, Spong A, Gesing A, Bartke A. Effects of combined growth hormone deficiency and resistance in double-mutant Ames dwarf/GHR-KO mice. Experimental Gerontology. 2011 Feb-Mar;46(2-3):212-3.
20. McConaha ME, Eckstrum K, An J, Steinle JJ, Bany BM. Microarray assessment of the influence of the conceptus on gene expression in the mouse uterus during decidualization. Reproduction. 2011 Apr;141(4):511-27.
21. Pranzatelli MR, Tate ED, Travelstead AL, Verhulst SJ. Chemokine/cytokine profiling after rituximab: Reciprocal expression of BCA-1/CXCL13 and BAFF in childhood OMS. Cytokine. 2011 Mar;53(3):384-9.
22. Premkumar LS. Targeting TRPV1 as an Alternative Approach to Narcotic Analgesics to Treat Chronic Pain Conditions. Aaps Journal. 2010 Sep;12(3):361-70.
23. Rogers DA. Advancing Surgical Education Scholarship. American Journal of Surgery. 2011 Jan;201(1):1-6.
24. Schuwirth L, Colliver J, Gruppen L, Kreiter C, Mennin S, Onishi H, et al. Research in assessment: Consensus statement and recommendations from the Ottawa 2010 Conference. Medical Teacher. 2011;33(3):224-33.
25. Speil NE, Jayaramaiah P, Gupta S, Fratianni CM, Khardori R. Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Nephrolithiasis in a Young Adult. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
26. Speil NE, Jayaramaiah P, Trivedi R, Gupta S, Khardori R. Familial Pituitary Adenoma: A Report of Two Families. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
27. Speil N, Fratianni CM, Gupta S, Khardori R. Unusually High Levothyroxine Replacement Dose Leads to Recognition of Subclinical Celiac Disease in 2 Patients. Endocrine Reviews. 2010 Jun;31(3).
28. Sundareshan V, Khardori NM, Gilbert K, Bass R. MICROBIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF IMMUNOTHERAPY AGENTS IN CLINICAL PRACTICE. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2011 Apr;59(4):712-.
29. Tang Y, Chen Y, Jiang H, Nie D. Short-chain fatty acids induced autophagy serves as an adaptive strategy for retarding mitochondria-mediated apoptotic cell death. Cell Death and Differentiation. 2011 Apr;18(4):602-18.
30. Tischkau SA, Jaeger CD, Krager SL. Circadian clock disruption in the mouse ovary in response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicology Letters. 2011 Mar;201(2):116-22.
31. Tupal S, Faingold CL. Audiogenic kindling induces plastic changes in the neuronal firing patterns in periaqueductal gray. Brain Research. 2011 Mar;1377:60-6.
32. Vallurupalli K, Coakley KJ. Case 167: Alkaline-encrusted Pyelitis. Radiology. 2011 Mar;258(3):954-7.
33. Vassileva CM, Boley T, Markwell S, Hazelrigg S. Meta-analysis of short-term and long-term survival following repair versus replacement for ischemic mitral regurgitation. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 2011 Mar;39(3):295-303.
34. Wayment RO, Bourne A, Kay P, Tarter TH. Second opinion pathology in tertiary care of patients with urologic malignancies. Urologic Oncology-Seminars and Original Investigations. 2011 Mar-Apr;29(2):194-8.
35. Zhang SA, Londhe P, Zhang ML, Davie JK. Transcriptional analysis of the titin cap gene. Molecular Genetics and Genomics. 2011 Mar;285(3):261-72.
(April 1, 2011)
The latest issue of the Library Newsletter is now available at http://www.siumed.edu/lib/newsletter/
(April 1, 2011)
1. Barnett A, Brewer GJ. Autophagy in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease: Pathologic or Protective? J Alzheimers Dis2011.
2. Bartke A. Single-gene mutations and healthy ageing in mammals. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. England2011. p. 28-34.
3. Brozoski TJ, Caspary DM, Bauer CA, Richardson BD. The effect of supplemental dietary taurine on tinnitus and auditory discrimination in an animal model. Hear Res. Netherlands: 2010 Elsevier B.V; 2010. p. 71-80.
4. Cheatwood JL, Burnet D, Butteiger DN, Banz WJ. Soy protein diet increases skilled forelimb reaching function after stroke in rats. Behav Brain Res. Netherlands: 2010 Elsevier B.V; 2011. p. 681-4.
5. Cheema UY, Kalapurakal S, White P, Khan AU. Dose Dense and Concurrent Trastuzumab for Early Breast Cancer in the Elderly. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol)2011.
6. El-Amin SF, Hogan MV, Allen AA, Hinds J, Laurencin CT. The indications and use of bone morphogenetic proteins in foot, ankle, and tibia surgery. Foot Ankle Clin. United States: Published by Elsevier Inc.; 2010. p. 543-51.
7. Gesing A, Bartke A, Wang F, Karbownik-Lewinska M, Masternak MM. Renal pro-apoptotic proteins are reduced by growth hormone resistance but not by visceral fat removal. Biol Chem. 2011 Mar 11.
8. Gesing A, Masternak MM, Wang F, Karbownik-Lewinska M, Bartke A. Deletion of growth hormone receptor gene but not visceral fat removal decreases expression of apoptosis-related genes in the kidney-potential mechanism of lifespan extension. Age (Dordr). 2011 Mar 23.
9. Halford WP, Puschel R, Gershburg E, Wilber A, Gershburg S, Rakowski B. A Live-Attenuated HSV-2 ICP0 Virus Elicits 10 to 100 Times Greater Protection against Genital Herpes than a Glycoprotein D Subunit Vaccine. PLoS One. 2011;6(3):e17748.
10. Jenkins WD, Rabins C, Barnes M, Agreda P, Gaydos C. Use of the internet and self-collected samples as a sexually transmissible infection intervention in rural Illinois communities. Sex Health. Australia2011. p. 79-85.
11. Joshi A, Rajput S, Wang C, Ma J, Cao D. Murine aldo-keto reductase family 1 subfamily B: identification of AKR1B8 as an ortholog of human AKR1B10. Biol Chem. 2010 Dec;391(12):1371-8.
12. Keene R, Froelich JM, Milbrandt JC, Idusuyi OB. Bilateral gluteal compartment syndrome following robotic-assisted prostatectomy. Orthopedics. 2010 Nov;33(11):852.
13. Kruse J. Rationing medical resources: panacea or peril for american health care? J Leg Med. England2011. p. 1-10.
14. Liu G, Hu X, Premkumar L, Chakrabarty S. Nifedipine synergizes with calcium in activating the calcium sensing receptor, suppressing the expression of thymidylate synthase and survivin and promoting sensitivity to fluorouracil in human colon carcinoma cells. Mol Carcinog. 2011 Mar 3.
15. Mai CM, Beck R, Gabriel K, Singh KA. Posterior arm compartment syndrome after a combined supracondylar humeral and capitellar fractures in an adolescent: a case report. J Pediatr Orthop. United States2011. p. e16-9.
16. Pradhan AD, Case AM, Farrer RG, Tsai SY, Cheatwood JL, Martin JL, et al. Dendritic spine alterations in neocortical pyramidal neurons following postnatal neuronal Nogo-A knockdown. Dev Neurosci. Switzerland: Basel.; 2010. p. 313-20.
17. Pyo G, Ala T, Kyrouac GA, Verhulst SJ. A validity study of the Working Group's Autobiographical Memory Test for individuals with moderate to severe intellectual disability. Res Dev Disabil. United States: 2010 Elsevier Ltd; 2011. p. 70-4.
18. Sanfey HA, Dunnington GL. Basic surgical skills testing for junior residents: current views of general surgery program directors. J Am Coll Surg. United States: 2011 American College of Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc; 2011. p. 406-12.
19. Schwind CJ, Boehler ML, Markwell SJ, Williams RG, Brenner MJ. Use of simulated pages to prepare medical students for internship and improve patient safety. Acad Med. 2011 Jan;86(1):77-84.
20. Soltys SM, Pary RJ, Robinson SW, Markwell SJ. Transitioning between clerkship directors. Acad Psychiatry. United States2011. p. 114-7.
21. Struble RG, Ala T, Patrylo PR, Brewer GJ, Yan XX. Is brain amyloid production a cause or a result of dementia of the Alzheimer's type? J Alzheimers Dis. Netherlands2010. p. 393-9.
22. Tischkau SA, Jaeger CD, Krager SL. Circadian clock disruption in the mouse ovary in response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Lett. Netherlands: 2010 Elsevier Ireland Ltd; 2011. p. 116-22.
23. Vallurupalli K, Coakley KJ. MDCT Features of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitor-Induced Visceral Angioedema. AJR Am J Roentgenol. United States2011. p. W405-11.
24. Wortsman X, Wortsman J, Orlandi C, Cardenas G, Sazunic I, Jemec G. Ultrasound detection and identification of cosmetic fillers in the skin. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2011 Mar 21.