|Monday, September 3, 2011||LIBRARY CLOSED|
Welcome to a new academic year!
While 3rd and 4th year medical students and residents are well into their new year, the arrival of 1st and 2nd year medical students this week tends to feel like the start of the academic year. This issue of the Medical Library newsletter highlights some back-to-school changes in both physical and virtual resources available to you. Please see the newsletter for more about:
The latest issue of the Library Newsletter is now available at http://www.siumed.edu/lib/newsletter/
The Library is hosting a traveling exhibit from the National Library of Medicine that originally honored (in 2009) the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of his seminal work: On the Origin of Species.
"Rewriting the Book of Nature: Charles Darwin and the Rise of Evolutionary Theory" will be on exhibit in the Library through September 2. Accompanying the multi-paneled exhibit is a local exhibit featuring Darwin books from the Library's Special Collections.
(August, 5, 2011)
1. A. D. Benson, B. A. Kramer, R. O. Wayment, B. F. Schwartz, Supracervical robotic-assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for pelvic organ prolapse. JSLS 14, 525 (Oct-Dec, 2010).
2. A. D. Benson, E. R. Taylor, B. F. Schwartz, in J Urol. (Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc, United States, 2011), vol. 185, pp. 2217-22.
3. N. Chatterjee et al., in Nucleic Acids Res. (2011).
4. M. Dhiwakar, K. T. Robbins, K. Rao, F. Vieira, J. Malone, Efficacy of selective neck dissection for nodal metastasis with involvement of nonlymphatic structures. Head Neck 33, 1099 (Aug, 2011).
5. A. Gesing, A. Bartke, F. Wang, M. Karbownik-Lewinska, M. M. Masternak, Key regulators of mitochondrial biogenesis are increased in kidneys of growth hormone receptor knockout (GHRKO) mice. Cell Biochem Funct, (Jul 14, 2011).
6. W. P. Halford et al., A live-attenuated HSV-2 ICP0 virus elicits 10 to 100 times greater protection against genital herpes than a glycoprotein D subunit vaccine. PLoS One 6, e17748 (2011).
7. G. Jain, S. Chakrabarti, P. Kulhara, in Gen Hosp Psychiatry. (2011 Elsevier Inc, United States, 2011), vol. 33, pp. 377-85.
8. W. D. Jenkins, C. Rabins, M. Barnes, P. Agreda, C. Gaydos, in Sex Health. (Australia, 2011), vol. 8, pp. 79-85.
9. T. Kaur et al., in Cell Death Dis. (England, 2011), vol. 2, pp. e180.
10. W. Liu et al., in J Biol Chem. (United States, 2011), vol. 286, pp. 18949-59.
11. P. Londhe, J. K. Davie, in Skelet Muscle. (England, 2011), vol. 1, pp. 14.
12. M. C. Mai, R. Beck, K. Gabriel, K. A. Singh, in J Pediatr Orthop. (United States, 2011), vol. 31, pp. e16-9.
13. M. E. McConaha, K. Eckstrum, J. An, J. J. Steinle, B. M. Bany, in Reproduction. (England, 2011), vol. 141, pp. 511-27.
14. A. H. Meier, in J Surg Res. (2011).
15. D. Mukherjea, L. P. Rybak, Pharmacogenomics of cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Pharmacogenomics 12, 1039 (Jul, 2011).
16. M. R. Pranzatelli et al., in Pediatr Neurol. (2011 Elsevier Inc, United States, 2011), vol. 45, pp. 27-33.
17. M. R. Pranzatelli, E. D. Tate, A. L. Travelstead, S. J. Verhulst, in Cytokine. (2010 Elsevier Ltd, United States, 2011), vol. 53, pp. 384-9.
18. S. M. Soltys, in Acad Psychiatry. (2011 Academic Psychiatry, United States, 2011), vol. 35, pp. 122-5.
19. S. M. Soltys, R. J. Pary, S. W. Robinson, S. J. Markwell, in Acad Psychiatry. (2011 Academic Psychiatry, United States, 2011), vol. 35, pp. 114-7.
20. Y. Tang, Y. Chen, H. Jiang, D. Nie, in Cell Death Differ. (2011 Macmillan Publishers Limited, England, 2011), vol. 18, pp. 602-18.
21. L. D. Volk et al., Synergy of nab-paclitaxel and bevacizumab in eradicating large orthotopic breast tumors and preexisting metastases. Neoplasia 13, 327 (Apr, 2011).
22. R. O. Wayment, A. Bourne, P. Kay, T. H. Tarter, in Urol Oncol. (2011 Elsevier Inc, United States, 2011), vol. 29, pp. 194-8.
23. R. G. Williams et al., Tracking Development of Clinical Reasoning Ability Across Five Medical Schools Using a Progress Test. Acad Med, (Jul 21, 2011).