The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of the National Institutes of Health, has stopped one arm of a three arm multi-center, clinical trial studying treatments for the lung-scarring disease idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) for safety concerns. The trial found that people with IPF receiving a currently used triple-drug therapy consisting of prednisone, azathioprine, and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) had worse outcomes than those who received placebos or inactive substances. full article
1. B. Batton, C. Burnett, S. Verhulst, D. Batton, in Obstet Gynecol. (United States, 2011), vol. 118, pp. 43-8.
2. R. T. Beck, K. D. Illingworth, K. J. Saleh, Review of periprosthetic osteolysis in total joint arthroplasty: An emphasis on host factors and future directions. J Orthop Res, (Sep 15, 2011).
3. K. Campbell et al., in Hear Res. (2011 Elsevier B.V, 2011).
4. D. Cao et al., in Mol Cancer Ther. (2011).
5. U. Cheema, Images in clinical medicine. Gout nodulosis. N Engl J Med 365, e23 (Sep 15, 2011).
6. M. Dhiwakar et al., Feasibility of submandibular gland preservation in neck dissection: A prospective anatomic-pathologic study. Head Neck 33, 603 (May, 2011).
7. R. Elble, G. Deuschl, Milestones in tremor research. Mov Disord 26, 1096 (May, 2011).
8. S. T. Hingle, S. Robinson, J. A. Colliver, R. B. Rosher, N. McCann-Stone, in Teach Learn Med. (England, 2011), vol. 23, pp. 148-54.
9. W. D. Jenkins, C. Rabins, D. Bhattacharya, in Prev Med. (2011 Elsevier Inc, 2011).
10. P. J. Jensik, L. A. Arbogast, Differential and interactive effects of ligand-bound progesterone receptor a and B isoforms on tyrosine hydroxylase promoter activity. J Neuroendocrinol 23, 915 (Oct, 2011).
11. P. S. Mackrides, S. J. Ryherd, in Am Fam Physician. (United States, 2011), vol. 84, pp. 544-9.
12. D. H. Miller et al., T090137 Inhibits Cisplatin-Induced Apoptosis in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Int J Gynecol Cancer, (Sep 5, 2011).
13. M. R. Pranzatelli, Going with the flow: neuroinflammation. Dev Med Child Neurol 53, 782 (Sep, 2011).
14. M. A. Ray, R. A. Trammell, S. Verhulst, S. Ran, L. A. Toth, Development of a mouse model for assessing fatigue during chemotherapy. Comp Med 61, 119 (Apr, 2011).
15. R. A. Trammell, T. A. Liberati, L. A. Toth, in Microbes Infect. (2011. Published by Elsevier Masson SAS., 2011).
16. C. M. Vassileva, J. Shabosky, T. Boley, S. Hazelrigg, in Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. (2011).
17. C. M. Vassileva, T. Shawgo, J. Shabosky, S. Soliman, S. Hazelrigg, Repair of left atrial-esophageal fistula following percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation. J Card Surg 26, 556 (Sep, 2011).
18. V. Walia et al., in Oncogene. (2011).
19. T. Weitzel et al., in J Nurses Staff Dev. (2011), vol. 27, pp. 220-226.
20. F. Xing et al., in Oncogene. (England, 2011), vol. 30, pp. 4075-86.
21. S. W. Yu, S. Vallurupalli, J. Arnoldi, R. Holloway, Atrioventricular dissociation after electroconvulsive therapy. Cardiol Res Pract 2011, 746373 (2011).
22. L. Zhong, H. Shen, C. Huang, H. Jing, D. Cao, in Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. (2011 Elsevier Inc, United States, 2011), vol. 255, pp. 40-7.