Change in Hours
Mon, Sepember 3, 2012, LIBRARY CLOSED
Regular hours begin after Labor Day:
Regular Hours (Sept - May)
|Days of the Week
||8 am - 11 pm
|| 8 am - 7 pm
|| 9 am - 6 pm
|| 1 pm - 11 pm
New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- S. Basnet et al., Safety, efficacy, and tolerability of early initiation of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in pediatric patients admitted with status asthmaticus: A pilot study. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 13, 393 (Jul, 2012)
- P. R. Brock et al., Platinum-Induced Ototoxicity in Children: A Consensus Review on Mechanisms, Predisposition, and Protection, Including a New International Society of Pediatric Oncology Boston Ototoxicity Scale. Journal of Clinical Oncology 30, 2408 (Jul, 2012).
- M. Gonzales, C. Fratianni, C. Mamillapali, R. Khardori, Immunotherapy in Miscellaneous Medical Disorders Graves Ophthalmopathy, Asthma, and Regional Painful Syndrome. Medical Clinics of North America 96, 635 (May, 2012).
- A. Hakeem, R. Dave, K. Menon, H. Sanfey, N. Ahmad, Need for more emphasis on organ donation and transplantation in medical education: results of a nationwide junior doctor survey. British Journal of Surgery 99, 63 (2012).
- W. D. Jenkins et al., Comparative effectiveness of two self-collected sample kit distribution systems for chlamydia screening on a university campus. Sexually Transmitted Infections 88, 363 (Aug, 2012).
- D. O. Jung, J. S. Jasurda, N. Egashira, B. S. Ellsworth, The Forkhead Transcription Factor, FOXP3, Is Required for Normal Pituitary Gonadotropin Expression in Mice. Biology of Reproduction 86, (May, 2012).
- V. Kak, V. Sundareshan, J. Modi, N. M. Khardori, Immunotherapies in Infectious Diseases. Medical Clinics of North America 96, 455 (May, 2012).
- T. S. Kohler et al., INITIAL EVALUATIONS FOR ENHANCED COLOPLAST TITAN INFLATABLE PENILE PROSTHESIS: RESULTS OF A MULTICENTER QUESTIONNAIRE. Journal of Sexual Medicine 9, 238 (Aug, 2012).
- T. S. Kohler, M. Parenteau, C. L. Lythgoe, NORMAL VARIATION OF SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG) UNDERMINES ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS OF HYPOGONADISM. Journal of Sexual Medicine 9, 292 (Aug, 2012).
- 1T. S. Kohler, H. J. Wiser, M. Kottwitz, S. K. Wilson, MANUFACTURERS DATA BASES YIELD INTERESTING DEMOGRAPHICS OF PENILE PROSTHESIS USAGE. Journal of Sexual Medicine 9, 243 (Aug, 2012).
- M. Landgrebe et al., Methodological aspects of clinical trials in tinnitus: A proposal for an international standard. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 73, 112 (Aug, 2012).
- R. H. C. Lee et al., Memantine Inhibits alpha 3 beta 2-nAChRs-Mediated Nitrergic Neurogenic Vasodilation in Porcine Basilar Arteries. Plos One 7, (Jul, 2012).
- A. V. Miller, S. K. M. Ranatunga, Immunotherapies in Rheumatologic Disorders. Medical Clinics of North America 96, 475 (May, 2012).
- A. Mocroft et al., Hepatitis B and C Co-Infection Are Independent Predictors of Progressive Kidney Disease in HIV-Positive, Antiretroviral-Treated Adults. Plos One 7, (Jul, 2012).
- S. N. Reardon et al., Cdh1 Is Essential for Endometrial Differentiation, Gland Development, and Adult Function in the Mouse Uterus. Biology of Reproduction 86, (May, 2012).
- H. Sanfey et al., Pursuing Professional Accountability An Evidence-Based Approach to Addressing Residents With Behavioral Problems. Archives of Surgery 147, 642 (Jul, 2012).
- L. Shahani, S. Singh, N. M. Khardori, Immunotherapy in Clinical Medicine: Historical Perspective and Current Status. Medical Clinics of North America 96, 421 (May, 2012).
- E. R. Taylor, A. D. Benson, B. F. Schwartz, Cost Analysis of Metallic Ureteral Stents with 12 Months of Follow-Up. Journal of Endourology 26, 917 (Jul, 2012).
- B. Tharakan, M. Dhanasekaran, B. V. Manyam, Differential effects of dopaminergic neurotoxins on DNA cleavage. Life Sciences 91, 1 (Jul, 2012).
- R. A. Trammell, L. Cox, L. A. Toth, Markers for Heightened Monitoring, Imminent Death, and Euthanasia in Aged Inbred Mice. Comparative Medicine 62, 172 (Jun, 2012).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Impact of Hospital Annual Mitral Procedural Volume on Mitral Valve Repair Rates and Mortality. Journal of Heart Valve Disease 21, 41 (Jan, 2012).
- C. Vassileva, J. DiGennaro, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Geographic Variation in Procedure Selection and Hospital Mortality in Mitral Valve Surgery. Journal of Heart Valve Disease 21, 48 (Jan, 2012).
- R. G. Williams, H. Sanfey, X. D. Chen, G. L. Dunnington, A Controlled Study to Determine Measurement Conditions Necessary for a Reliable and Valid Operative Performance Assessment A Controlled Prospective Observational Study. Annals of Surgery 256, 177 (Jul, 2012).
Henkel Physicians Exhibit
The Library is hosting a National Library of Medicine (NLM) travelling exhibit: The Henkel Physicians: A Family’s Life in Letters.
This exhibit highlights the personal correspondence among three generations of physicians in Virginia in the 1800s. The correspondence highlights events of the time, including the Civil War. The Drs. Henkel also testified in court; defended their practice from an influx of new physicians; and dealt with a range of medical maladies, including emergency care and public health initiatives.
Well before the age of e-mail, the hand-written correspondence shows how much medicine has changed and how enduring are the challenges.
The exhibit will be on display in the Medical Library until September 22, 2012.
All the Henkel correspondence has been scanned and transcribed and is available on the following NLM website: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/digicolls/henkel/index.html.
New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- V. Advani, S. Ahad, C. Gonczy, S. Markwell, I. Hassan, Does resident involvement effect surgical times and complication rates during laparoscopic appendectomy for uncomplicated appendicitis? An analysis of 16,849 cases from the ACS-NSQIP. Am J Surg 203, 347 (2012).
- B. M. Bany, C. A. Scott, K. S. Eckstrum, Analysis of uterine gene expression in interleukin-15 knockout mice reveals uterine natural killer cells do not play a major role in decidualization and associated angiogenesis. Reproduction 143, 359 (2012).
- M. L. Dechassa et al., Disparity in the DNA translocase domains of SWI/SNF and ISW2. Nucleic Acids Res 40, 4412 (2012).
- L. F. DiLalla, P. Y. Mullineaux, S. J. Biebl, Social-emotional development through a behavior genetics lens: infancy through preschool. Adv Child Dev Behav 42, 153 (2012).
- A. Gesing, M. M. Masternak, F. Wang, M. Karbownik-Lewinska, A. Bartke, Deletion of growth hormone receptor gene but not visceral fat removal decreases expression of apoptosis-related genes in the kidney-potential mechanism of lifespan extension. Age (Dordr) 34, 295 (Apr, 2012).
- K. L. Hall, L. D. Volk-Draper, M. J. Flister, S. Ran, New model of macrophage acquisition of the lymphatic endothelial phenotype. PLoS One 7, e31794 (2012).
- S. Hazelrigg, Invited commentary. Ann Thorac Surg 94, 367 (2012).
- G. Jain et al., Assessing the practices and perceptions of dually-trained physicians: a pilot study. Acad Psychiatry 36, 71 (Jan 1, 2012).
- P. J. Jensik, J. I. Huggenvik, M. W. Collard, Deformed epidermal autoregulatory factor-1 (DEAF1) interacts with the Ku70 subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex. PLoS One 7, e33404 (2012).
- S. S. Leondopulos, M. D. Boehler, B. C. Wheeler, G. J. Brewer, Chronic stimulation of cultured neuronal networks boosts low-frequency oscillatory activity at theta and gamma with spikes phase-locked to gamma frequencies. J Neural Eng 9, 026015 (Apr, 2012).
- W. Liu et al., N-myc downstream regulated gene 1 modulates Wnt-beta-catenin signalling and pleiotropically suppresses metastasis. EMBO Mol Med 4, 93 (Feb, 2012).
- S. Malik, S. R. Bhaumik, Rad26p, a Transcription-Coupled Repair Factor, Promotes the Eviction and Prevents the Reassociation of Histone H2A-H2B Dimer during Transcriptional Elongation in Vivo. Biochemistry, (Jul 20, 2012).
- S. Malik, P. Chaurasia, S. Lahudkar, B. Uprety, S. R. Bhaumik, Rad26p regulates the occupancy of histone H2A-H2B dimer at the active genes in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res 40, 3348 (2012).
- M. S. Park, M. P. Kelly, W. K. Min, R. K. Rahman, K. D. Riew, Surgical Treatment of C3 and C4 Cervical Radiculopathy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976), (Jul 7, 2012 K. T. Robbins, M. Dhiwakar, F. Vieira, K. Rao, J. Malone, Efficacy of super-selective neck dissection following chemoradiation for advanced head and neck cancer. Oral Oncol, (2012).
- N. K. Roberts, M. J. Brenner, R. G. Williams, M. J. Kim, G. L. Dunnington, Capturing the teachable moment: a grounded theory study of verbal teaching interactions in the operating room. Surgery 151, 643 (2012).
- R. L. Robinson, M. S. Burk, Influencing hospitalist clinical productivity with feedback. J Med Pract Manage 27, 301 (Mar-Apr, 2012).
- L. Q. Rogers, Using exercise to fight fatigue in breast cancer survivors: challenges and future directions. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 12, 251 (Jun, 2012).
- L. Q. Rogers et al., Pilot, randomized trial of resistance exercise during radiation therapy for head and neck cancer. Head Neck, (Jul 30, 2012).
- L. Q. Rogers et al., Effects of a Physical Activity Behavior Change Intervention on Inflammation and Related Health Outcomes in Breast Cancer Survivors: Pilot Randomized Trial. Integr Cancer Ther, (2012).
- L. Shahani, Paraneoplastic neurological syndrome as initial presentation of pulmonary adenocarcinoma. BMJ Case Rep 2012, (2012).
- L. Shahani, S1Q3T3 pattern leading to early diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. BMJ Case Rep 2012, (2012).
- . R. A. Trammell, L. Cox, L. A. Toth, Markers for heightened monitoring, imminent death, and euthanasia in aged inbred mice. Comp Med 62, 172 (2012).
- S. Tupal, C. L. Faingold, The amygdala to periaqueductal gray pathway: Plastic changes induced by audiogenic kindling and reversal by gabapentin. Brain Res, (2012).
- R. G. Williams, H. Sanfey, X. P. Chen, G. L. Dunnington, A controlled study to determine measurement conditions necessary for a reliable and valid operative performance assessment: a controlled prospective observational study. Ann Surg 256, 177 (2012).
- J. Willis, L. Lloyd, W. Jenkins, Undergraduate students trained to provide basic health care screening in an underserved community: a door-to-door campaign. Work 41, 277 (2012).
- S. Yoshioka et al., WNT7A regulates tumor growth and progression in ovarian cancer through the WNT/beta-catenin pathway. Mol Cancer Res 10, 469 (2012).