Change in Hours
President's Day, Monday, February 20, 2012 - LIBRARY CLOSED
New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- N. M. Bhensdadia, P. Mehta, J. Davis, S. Devanna, S. Mawari, ALL THE INFILTRATES ARE NOT PNEUMONIA. Journal of Investigative Medicine 60, 383 (Jan, 2012).
- T. M. Boley et al., Sternotomy or bilateral thoracoscopy: pain and postoperative complications after lung-volume reduction surgery. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 41, 14 (Jan, 2012).
- T. J. Brozoski, K. W. Wisner, L. T. Sybert, C. A. Bauer, Bilateral Dorsal Cochlear Nucleus Lesions Prevent Acoustic-Trauma Induced Tinnitus in an Animal Model. Jaro-Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology 13, 55 (Feb, 2012).
- Y. Cai et al., BACE1 Elevation is Involved in Amyloid Plaque Development in the Triple Transgenic Model of Alzheimer's Disease: Differential A beta Antibody Labeling of Early-Onset Axon Terminal Pathology. Neurotoxicity Research 21, 160 (Feb, 2012).
- K. Campbell et al., D-methionine (D-met) significantly rescues noise-induced hearing loss: Timing studies. Hearing Research 282, 138 (Dec, 2011).
- D. L. Cao et al., Differential Expression of Uridine Phosphorylase in Tumors Contributes to an Improved Fluoropyrimidine Therapeutic Activity. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 10, 2330 (Dec, 2011).
- X. D. Chen, R. G. Williams, H. A. Sanfey, G. L. Dunnington, How do supervising surgeons evaluate guidance provided in the operating room? American Journal of Surgery 203, 44 (Jan, 2012).
- K. A. Groesch et al., Nitric oxide generation affects pro- and anti-angiogenic growth factor expression in primary human trophoblast. Placenta 32, 926 (Dec, 2011).
- M. S. Kasparek et al., Long-term Quality of Life and Sexual and Urinary Function After Abdominoperineal Resection for Distal Rectal Cancer. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum 55, 147 (Feb, 2012).
- A. Kobayashi et al., Bone morphogenetic protein 7 in dormancy and metastasis of prostate cancer stem-like cells in bone. Journal of Experimental Medicine 208, 2641 (Dec, 2011).
- T. S. Lange et al., Cytotoxic Properties of Adamantyl Isothiocyanate and Potential In vivo Metabolite Adamantyl-N-Acetylcystein in Gynecological Cancer Cells. Chemical Biology & Drug Design 79, 92 (Jan, 2012).
- M. M. Masternak et al., Metabolic effects of intra-abdominal fat in GHRKO mice. Aging Cell 11, 73 (Feb, 2012).
- W. T. McDowell, DIVERSITY AND NOTES ON THE REPRODUCTIVE BIOLOGY OF CERAMBYCIDAE (COLEOPTERA) ON HYDRANGEA ARBORESCENS L. AND DAUCUS CAROTA L. AT LARUE-PINE HILLS RESEARCH NATURAL AREA IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS, USA. Coleopterists Bulletin 65, 411 (Dec, 2011).
- J. G. Miquet et al., Prolonged exposure to GH impairs insulin signaling in the heart. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 47, 167 (Oct, 2011).
- M. A. Passman et al., Validation of Venous Clinical Severity Score (VCSS) with other venous severity assessment tools from the American Venous Forum, National Venous Screening Program. Journal of Vascular Surgery 54, 2S (Dec, 2011).
- D. A. Rogers et al., Engaging medical students in the feedback process. American Journal of Surgery 203, 21 (Jan, 2012).
- H. Sanfey et al., Service or Education In the Eye of the Beholder. Archives of Surgery 146, 1389 (Dec, 2011).
- A. Shukla, S. Lahudkar, G. Durairaj, S. R. Bhaumik, Sgf29p Facilitates the Recruitment of TATA Box Binding Protein but Does Not Alter SAGA's Global Structural Integrity in Vivo. Biochemistry 51, 706 (Jan, 2012).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Mitral Valve Repair is Underused in Patients with Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. Heart Surgery Forum 14, E376 (Dec, 2011).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Details in a meta-analysis comparing mitral valve repair to replacement for ischemic regurgitation Reply. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 41, 237 (Jan, 2012).
- X. Y. Zu et al., Transforming growth factor-beta signaling in tumor initiation, progression and therapy in breast cancer: an update. Cell and Tissue Research 347, 73 (Jan, 2012).
- M. Zupancic, M. L. Gonzalez, Aripiprazole in the acute and maintenance phase of bipolar I disorder. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management 8, 1 (2012).
JoVE 2 week free trial
The Medical Library is offering a two-week free trial to JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments.
JoVE is peer reviewed and indexed in PubMed. It has five subscription sections:
- immunology and infection,
- clinical and translations medicine,
plus basic protocols (which is always free). The video format reduces trial and error in reproducing biological experiments; print is also available.
New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- A. Bartke, Healthy Aging: Is Smaller Better? - A Mini-Review. Gerontology, (Jan 18, 2012).
- M. Bishnoi, R. K. Boparai, An animal model to study the molecular basis of tardive dyskinesia. Methods Mol Biol 829, 193 (2012).
- N. Chatterjee et al., Histone H3 tail acetylation modulates ATP-dependent remodeling through multiple mechanisms. Nucleic Acids Res 39, 8378 (Oct, 2011).
- M. S. Evans, X. Cheng, J. A. Jeffry, K. E. Disney, L. S. Premkumar, Sumatriptan Inhibits TRPV1 Channels in Trigeminal Neurons. Headache, (Jan 30, 2012).
- C. L. Faingold, M. Randall, Y. Mhaskar, V. V. Uteshev, Differences in serotonin receptor expression in the brainstem may explain the differential ability of a serotonin agonist to block seizure-induced sudden death in DBA/2 vs. DBA/1 mice. Brain Res 1418, 104 (Oct 18, 2011).
- P. J. Jensik, L. A. Arbogast, Differential and interactive effects of ligand-bound progesterone receptor A and B isoforms on tyrosine hydroxylase promoter activity. J Neuroendocrinol 23, 915 (Oct, 2011).
- M. S. Kasparek et al., Long-term Quality of Life and Sexual and Urinary Function After Abdominoperineal Resection for Distal Rectal Cancer. Dis Colon Rectum 55, 147 (Feb, 2012).
- W. Liu et al., N-myc downstream regulated gene 1 modulates Wnt-beta-catenin signalling and pleiotropically suppresses metastasis. EMBO Mol Med 4, 93 (Feb, 2012).
- M. R. Pranzatelli et al., Key role of CXCL13/CXCR5 axis for cerebrospinal fluid B cell recruitment in pediatric OMS. J Neuroimmunol, (Jan 19, 2012).
- N. K. Roberts, M. J. Brenner, R. G. Williams, M. J. Kim, G. L. Dunnington, Capturing the teachable moment: A grounded theory study of verbal teaching interactions in the operating room. Surgery, (Jan 11, 2012).
- L. S. Rylander, J. C. Milbrandt, A. B. Wallace, D. G. Allan, Radiographic evaluation of midterm failure rates following metal-on-metal hip resurfacing. J Arthroplasty 26, 897 (Sep, 2011).
- P. Sen, S. Ghosh, B. F. Pugh, B. Bartholomew, A new, highly conserved domain in Swi2/Snf2 is required for SWI/SNF remodeling. Nucleic Acids Res 39, 9155 (Nov, 2011).
- A. Shukla, S. Lahudkar, G. Durairaj, S. R. Bhaumik, Sgf29p Facilitates the Recruitment of TATA Box Binding Protein but Does Not Alter SAGA's Global Structural Integrity in Vivo. Biochemistry 51, 706 (Jan 17, 2012).
- C. Speil, R. Rzepka, Vaccines and vaccine adjuvants as biological response modifiers. Infect Dis Clin North Am 25, 755 (Dec, 2011).
- V. Sundareshan, J. Modi, N. M. Khardori, Mycobacteria and biological response modifiers: two sides of the relationship. Infect Dis Clin North Am 25, 865 (Dec, 2011).
- C. M. Vassileva, S. Markwell, T. Boley, S. Hazelrigg, Impact of race on mitral procedure selection and short-term outcomes of patients undergoing mitral valve surgery. Heart Surg Forum 14, E221 (Aug, 2011).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Shawgo, J. Shabosky, S. Soliman, S. Hazelrigg, Repair of left atrial-esophageal fistula following percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation. J Card Surg 26, 556 (Sep, 2011).
- M. P. Walker, F. M. Laferla, S. S. Oddo, G. J. Brewer, Reversible epigenetic histone modifications and Bdnf expression in neurons with aging and from a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Age (Dordr), (Jan 12, 2012).
- H. Wang, T. J. Brozoski, D. M. Caspary, Inhibitory neurotransmission in animal models of tinnitus: maladaptive plasticity. Hear Res 279, 111 (Sep, 2011).
- S. Yoshioka et al., WNT7A regulates tumor growth and progression in ovarian cancer through the WNT/beta-catenin pathway. Mol Cancer Res, (Jan 9, 2012).