Recent Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- Advani, S. Ahad, C. Gonczy, S. Markwell, I. Hassan, Does resident involvement effect surgical times and complication rates during laparoscopic appendectomy for uncomplicated appendicitis? An analysis of 16,849 cases from the ACS-NSQIP. American Journal of Surgery 203, 347 (Mar, 2012).
- B. M. Bany, C. A. Scott, K. S. Eckstrum, Analysis of uterine gene expression in interleukin-15 knockout mice reveals uterine natural killer cells do not play a major role in decidualization and associated angiogenesis. Reproduction 143, 359 (Mar, 2012).
- B. M. Bany, D. S. Torry, Regulation of Maternal Blood Pressure by the Conceptus During Early Pregnancy. Biology of Reproduction 86, (Mar, 2012).
- Y. K. Chen et al., Nuclear receptors in the multidrug resistance through the regulation of drug-metabolizing enzymes and drug transporters. Biochemical Pharmacology 83, 1112 (Apr, 2012).
- P. S. Cooke et al., Brief Exposure to Progesterone During a Critical Neonatal Window Prevents Uterine Gland Formation in Mice. Biology of Reproduction 86, (Mar, 2012).
- T. L. Ebbert, J. J. Baima, W. R. K. Smoker, Radiology Quiz Case 1 Myositis ossificans of the bilateral medial and lateral pterygoid muscles. Archives of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 138, 422 (Apr, 2012).
- D. Griffen et al., Application of Statistical Process Control to Physician-specific Emergency Department Patient Satisfaction Scores: A Novel Use of the Funnel Plot. Academic Emergency Medicine 19, 348 (Mar, 2012).
- D. D. Guest et al., DIFFERENTIAL EFFECTS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (PA) AND ADIPOSITY ON FATIGUE DIMENSIONS AND PHYSICAL FUNCTION IN BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS (BCS). Annals of Behavioral Medicine 43, S170 (Apr, 2012).
- F. Guo et al., Auditory discrimination training rescues developmentally degraded directional selectivity and restores mature expression of GABA(A) and AMPA receptor subunits in rat auditory cortex. Behavioural Brain Research 229, 301 (Apr, 2012).
- K. L. Hall, L. D. Volk-Draper, M. J. Flister, S. Ran, New Model of Macrophage Acquisition of the Lymphatic Endothelial Phenotype. Plos One 7, (Mar, 2012).
- S. S. Leondopulos, M. D. Boehler, B. C. Wheeler, G. J. Brewer, Chronic stimulation of cultured neuronal networks boosts low-frequency oscillatory activity at theta and gamma with spikes phase-locked to gamma frequencies. Journal of Neural Engineering 9, (Apr, 2012).
- R. M. Lombel et al., Implications of different fluid overload definitions in pediatric stem cell transplant patients requiring continuous renal replacement therapy. Intensive Care Medicine 38, 663 (Apr, 2012).
- A. M. McCarthy et al., Application of neurodevelopmental screening to a sample of South American infants: The Bayley Infant Neurodevelopmental Screener (BINS). Infant Behavior & Development 35, 280 (Apr, 2012).
- J. Modi, V. Sundareshan, N. M. Khardori, PREVALENCE OF VANCOMYCIN HETERORESISTANCE IN STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS IN A TERTIARY CARE TEACHING HOSPITAL. Journal of Investigative Medicine 60, 736 (Apr, 2012).
- M. R. Pranzatelli et al., Key role of CXCL13/CXCR5 axis for cerebrospinal fluid B cell recruitment in pediatric OMS. Journal of Neuroimmunology 243, 81 (Feb, 2012).
- M. R. Pranzatelli, E. D. Tate, S. Shenoy, A. L. Travelstead, Ofatumumab for a rituximab-allergic child with chronic-relapsing paraneoplastic opsoclonus-myoclonus. Pediatric Blood & Cancer 58, 988 (Jun, 2012).
- D. A. Rogers, M. L. Boehler, N. K. Roberts, V. Johnson, Using the Hidden Curriculum to Teach Professionalism During the Surgery Clerkship. Journal of Surgical Education 69, 423 (May-Jun, 2012).
- C. A. Scott, D. van Huyen, B. M. Bany, Angiopoietin-like gene expression in the mouse uterus during implantation and in response to steroids. Cell and Tissue Research 348, 199 (Apr, 2012).
- L. Shahani, C. Noggle, N. Khardori, IMPACT OF CATHETER TYPE ON MICROBIOLOGY OF CENTRAL VENOUS CATHETER INFECTION. Journal of Investigative Medicine 60, 737 (Apr, 2012).
- L. Shahani, C. Noggle, N. Khardori, INFLUENCE OF DIABETES MELLITUS ON MICROBIOLOGY OF CENTRAL VENOUS CATHETER INFECTION. Journal of Investigative Medicine 60, 737 (Apr, 2012).
- L. A. Toth, K. Kregel, L. Leon, T. I. Musch, Environmental Enrichment of Laboratory Rodents: The Answer Depends on the Question. Comparative Medicine 61, 314 (Aug, 2011).
- R. A. Trammell, L. Cox, J. Pikora, L. L. Murphy, L. A. Toth, Evaluation of an extract of North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) in Candida albicans-infected complement-deficient mice. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 139, 414 (Jan, 2012).
- B. Uprety, S. Lahudkar, S. Malik, S. R. Bhaumik, The 19S proteasome subcomplex promotes the targeting of NuA4 HAT to the promoters of ribosomal protein genes to facilitate the recruitment of TFIID for transcriptional initiation in vivo. Nucleic Acids Research 40, 1969 (Mar, 2012).
- C. M. Vassileva, J. Shabosky, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Tricuspid valve surgery: The past 10 years from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) database. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 143, 1043 (May, 2012).
- C. M. Vassileva, M. N. Swong, T. M. Boley, S. J. Markwell, S. R. Hazelrigg, Influence of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus on Procedure Selection and Outcomes of Patients Undergoing Isolated Mitral Valve Surgery. Journal of Cardiac Surgery 27, 29 (Jan, 2012).
New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- V. Advani, S. Ahad, I. Hassan, Single incision laparoscopic right hemicolectomy for colon cancer: less is more? Surg Innov 18, NP4 (Sep, 2011).
- K. Campbell et al., D-methionine (D-met) significantly rescues noise-induced hearing loss: timing studies. Hear Res 282, 138 (Dec, 2011).
- M. D. Cooper, M. H. Roberts, O. L. Barauskas, G. A. Jarvis, Secretory Leukocyte Protease Inhibitor Binds to Neisseria gonorrhoeae Outer Membrane Opacity Protein and is Bactericidal. Am J Reprod Immunol, (Apr 26, 2012).
- B. M. Derby et al., Early growth response factor-1: expression in a rabbit flexor tendon scar model. Plast Reconstr Surg 129, 435e (Mar, 2012).
- S. Frankland-Searby, S. R. Bhaumik, The 26S proteasome complex: an attractive target for cancer therapy. Biochim Biophys Acta 1825, 64 (Jan, 2012).
- D. Ghosh, K. R. Levault, A. J. Barnett, G. J. Brewer, A Reversible Early Oxidized Redox State That Precedes Macromolecular ROS Damage in Aging Nontransgenic and 3xTg-AD Mouse Neurons. J Neurosci 32, 5821 (Apr 25, 2012).
- K. A. Groesch et al., Nitric oxide generation affects pro- and anti-angiogenic growth factor expression in primary human trophoblast. Placenta 32, 926 (Dec, 2011).
- P. Jalan, A. Mahajan, V. Pandav, S. Bekker, J. Koirala, Brentuximab associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg, (Apr 1, 2012).
- M. A. Khan, G. Jain, S. M. Soltys, A. Takahashi, A Case of Excessive Weight Gain with Guanfacine Extended Release: 9.53 kg in 4 Weeks. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol, (Apr 26, 2012).
- Z. Liu et al., Epidermal growth factor induces tumour marker AKR1B10 expression through activator protein-1 signalling in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem J 442, 273 (Mar 1, 2012).
- J. Miller, B. F. Schwartz, T. H. Tarter, An interdisciplinary approach for surgical treatment of the renal mass. Minerva Urol Nefrol 63, 199 (Sep, 2011).
- H. Okuda et al., Hyaluronan synthase HAS2 promotes tumor progression in bone by stimulating the interaction of breast cancer stem-like cells with macrophages and stromal cells. Cancer Res 72, 537 (Jan 15, 2012).
- M. R. Pranzatelli et al., Key role of CXCL13/CXCR5 axis for cerebrospinal fluid B cell recruitment in pediatric OMS. J Neuroimmunol 243, 81 (Feb 29, 2012).
- G. T. Robbins, D. Nie, PPAR gamma, bioactive lipids, and cancer progression. Front Biosci 17, 1816 (2012).
- D. A. Rogers, M. L. Boehler, N. K. Roberts, V. Johnson, Using the hidden curriculum to teach professionalism during the surgery clerkship. J Surg Educ 69, 423 (May, 2012).
- M. R. Ruebhausen, T. J. Brozoski, C. A. Bauer, A comparison of the effects of isoflurane and ketamine anesthesia on auditory brainstem response (ABR) thresholds in rats. Hear Res, (Apr 20, 2012).
- M. Sachdeva, Q. Liu, J. Cao, Z. Lu, Y. Y. Mo, Negative regulation of miR-145 by C/EBP-beta through the Akt pathway in cancer cells. Nucleic Acids Res, (Apr 11, 2012).
- H. Sanfey, C. McDowell, A. H. Meier, G. L. Dunnington, Team training for surgical trainees. Surgeon 9 Suppl 1, S32 (2011).
- V. V. Uteshev, Somatic Integration of Single Ion Channel Responses of alpha7 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors Enhanced by PNU-120596. PLoS One 7, e32951 (2012).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Mitral valve repair is underused in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Heart Surg Forum 14, E376 (Dec, 2011).
Change in Hours
Summer hours begin Sunday, May 27, 2012 and will be in effect through Labor Day weekend in September.
Summer Hours (Jun-Aug)
|Days of the Week
||1 PM - 7 PM
||8 AM - 10 PM
||8 AM - 7 PM
||9 PM - 6 PM
Regular Hours (Sep-May)
|Days of the Week
||1 PM - 11 PM
||8 AM - 11 PM
||8 AM - 7 PM
||9 PM - 6 PM
Library Closed on Memorial Day
The Medical Library will be closed on Memorial Day, May 28, 2011