Submit a video to LabTV
The recent TEDMED event included the kickoff of LabTV, a new platform for biomedical micro-documentaries. LabTV invites student filmmakers, videographers and journalists to submit short videos showcasing young biomedical researchers. Videos should be 3 to 5 minutes long and can also be made by the researchers themselves.
Creators of accepted videos will receive a credit as a contributing producer, plus additional opportunities to showcase their work on TEDMED.
To submit, post your video to YouTube by September 1, 2013 and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If accepted, you will receive a credit at a contributing producer and the opportunity to feature your work on TEDMED.
For more information, go to http://www.tedmed.com/abouttedmed/labtv.
Need access to equipment and software for working on your video? The Library’s new high-end video editing workstation is available in the CAVE (Create Audio and Video for Education) in room 4125. The CAVE provides faculty, students, and staff with access to specialized equipment and soft-ware for the development of audio and video material for teaching and learning. See our guide for more information - http://libguides.siumed.edu/cave
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal, S. D. Mendenhall, L. A. Moran, P. N. Hopkins, Medical Student Perceptions of the Scope of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Annals of Plastic Surgery 70, 343 (Mar, 2013).
- C. A. Bauer, W. Kurt, L. T. Sybert, T. J. Brozoski, The cerebellum as a novel tinnitus generator. Hearing Research 295, 130 (Jan, 2013).
- D. M. Caspary, L. F. Hughes, L. L. Ling, Age-related GABA(A) receptor changes in rat auditory cortex. Neurobiology of Aging 34, 1486 (May, 2013).
- J. T. Choy et al., Predictors of Spermatogenesis in Orchiectomy Specimens. Urology 81, 288 (Feb, 2013).
- T. Cianciolo, R. G. Williams, D. L. Klamen, N. K. Roberts, Biomedical knowledge, clinical cognition and diagnostic justification: a structural equation model. Medical Education 47, 309 (Mar, 2013).
- E. Davidson et al., Novel deletion of lysine 7 expands the clinical, histopathological and genetic spectrum of TPM2-related myopathies. Brain 136, 508 (Feb, 2013).
- L. F. DiLalla, S. Gheyara, K. Bersted, The Southern Illinois Twins and Siblings Study (SITSS): Description and Update. Twin Research and Human Genetics 16, 371 (Feb, 2013).
- T. M. Grupp et al., Effect of anterior-posterior and internal-external motion restraint during knee wear simulation on a posterior stabilised knee design. Journal of Biomechanics 46, 491 (Feb, 2013).
- T. Helfand, Q. Y. Hu, S. Loeb, K. T. McVary, W. J. Catalona, Genetic Sequence Variants are Associated with Severity of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Prostate Cancer Susceptibility. Journal of Urology 189, 845 (Mar, 2013).
- E. O. List et al., The Role of GH in Adipose Tissue: Lessons from Adipose-Specific GH Receptor Gene-Disrupted Mice. Molecular Endocrinology 27, 524 (Mar, 2013).
- M. Mendivil-Perez, M. Jimenez-Del-Rio, C. Velez-Pardo, Glucose Starvation Induces Apoptosis in a Model of Acute T Leukemia Dependent on Caspase-3 and Apoptosis-Inducing Factor: A Therapeutic Strategy. Nutrition and Cancer-an International Journal 65, 99 (Jan, 2013).
- H. Okuda et al., miR-7 Suppresses Brain Metastasis of Breast Cancer Stem-Like Cells By Modulating KLF4. Cancer Research 74, 1434 (Feb, 2013).
- L. S. Premkumar, M. Abooj, TRP channels and analgesia. Life Sciences 92, 415 (Mar, 2013).
- M. Promkan, S. Dakeng, S. Chakrabarty, O. Bogler, P. Patmasiriwat, The Effectiveness of Cucurbitacin B in BRCA1 Defective Breast Cancer Cells. Plos One 8, (Feb, 2013).
- N. Singh, G. M. Liu, S. Chakrabarty, Isolation and characterization of calcium sensing receptor null cells: A highly malignant and drug resistant phenotype of colon cancer. International Journal of Cancer 132, 1996 (May, 2013).
- P. Strojan et al., Contemporary management of lymph node metastases from an unknown primary to the neck: II. A review of therapeutic options. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 35, 286 (Feb, 2013).
- S. Tran et al., Impaired Fertility and FSH Synthesis in Gonadotrope-Specific Foxl2 Knockout Mice. Molecular Endocrinology 27, 407 (Mar, 2013).
- J. G. Turner et al., Acoustic Experience Alters the Aged Auditory System. Ear and Hearing 34, 151 (Mar-Apr, 2013).
- F. Xing et al., Reactive astrocytes promote the metastatic growth of breast cancer stem-like cells by activating Notch signalling in brain. Embo Molecular Medicine 5, 384 (Mar, 2013).
- Zemel, T. Koschmann, Recalibrating reference within a dual-space interaction environment. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning 8, 65 (Mar, 2013).
- X. Y. Zu et al., Chemical Genetics of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylases. Molecules 18, 1704 (Feb, 2013).
New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- D. Davis et al., Do Racial and Ethnic Group Differences in Performance on the MCAT Exam Reflect Test Bias? Acad Med, (Mar 8, 2013).
- J. K. Dorsey, Richard H. Moy, MD (1931-2013): Southern Illinois University School of Medicine's Founding Dean Dies. Teach Learn Med 25, 117 (Apr-Jun, 2013).
- Y. Fang et al., Duration of rapamycin treatment has differential effects on metabolism in mice. Cell Metab 17, 456 (Mar 5, 2013).
- D. Griffen et al., Application of statistical process control to physician-specific emergency department patient satisfaction scores: a novel use of the funnel plot. Acad Emerg Med 19, 348 (Mar, 2012).
- T. E. Ito et al., in Pediatr Emerg Care. (United States, 2012), vol. 28, pp. 1078-80.
- J. F. Koenig, M. Kottwitz, P. H. McKenna, Urethral Mobilization for Distal and Midshaft Hypospadias with Chordee. J Urol, (Feb 20, 2013).
- J. Ma et al., AKR1B10 overexpression in breast cancer: association with tumor size, lymph node metastasis and patient survival and its potential as a novel serum marker. Int J Cancer 131, E862 (Sep 15, 2012).
- R. B. McLafferty, in Semin Intervent Radiol. (United States, 2012), vol. 29, pp. 10-5.
- J. L. Nelson, G. E. Woodson, Airway obstruction due to unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Laryngoscope 123, 969 (Apr, 2013).
- D. A. Rogers et al., Surgeons managing conflict in the operating room: defining the educational need and identifying effective behaviors. Am J Surg 205, 125 (Feb, 2013).
- S. W. Ryter, R. M. Tyrrell, An HPLC method to detect heme oxygenase activity. Curr Protoc Toxicol Chapter 9, Unit 9 6 (May, 2001).
- K. J. Saleh et al., in J Bone Joint Surg Am. (United States, 2013), vol. 95, pp. e3.
- N. K. Singh, U. Cheema, A. Khalil, Caput medusae. BMJ Case Rep 2010, (2010).
- F. Xing et al., Reactive astrocytes promote the metastatic growth of breast cancer stem-like cells by activating Notch signalling in brain. EMBO Mol Med 5, 384 (Mar, 2013).