New Research Articles in Web of Science from SIUSM
- A. Bartke, O. Arum, R. Westbrook, SOMATOTROPIC SIGNALING, PRE-PUBERTAL GROWTH AND LONGEVITY. Gerontologist 52, 260 (Nov, 2012).
- S. Basnet, L. Nicolas, PROTOCOL BASED TRIAGE MINIMIZES COMPLICATIONS AND COST OF SEDATION PERFORMED BY NON-ANESTHESIOLOGISTS IN CHILDREN. Critical Care Medicine 40, U298 (Dec, 2012).
- E. Eilati, L. R. Pan, J. M. Bahr, D. B. Hales, Age dependent increase in prostaglandin pathway coincides with onset of ovarian cancer in laying hens. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 87, 177 (Dec, 2012).
- R. Goswami, S. Gershburg, A. Satorius, E. Gershburg, Protein kinase inhibitors that inhibit induction of lytic program and replication of Epstein-Barr virus. Antiviral Research 96, 296 (Dec, 2012).
- M. Hamoir et al., Radical neck dissection: is it still indicated? European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 270, 1 (Jan, 2013).
- K. J. Hodgson, EVAR for Ruptured Aneurysms: Are the Data Complete? Seminars in Vascular Surgery 25, 217 (Dec, 2012).
- W. D. Jenkins, L. F. DiLalla, K. Dzara, University students' pursuit of healthy behaviors may influence sexual risk reduction strategies. Preventive Medicine 55, 650 (Dec, 2012).
- K. Kawase et al., The Attitude and Perceptions of Work-life Balance: A Comparison Among Women Surgeons in Japan, USA, and Hong Kong China. World Journal of Surgery 37, 2 (Jan, 2013).
- H. W. Lin et al., in Oxygen Transport to Tissue Xxxiii, M. Wolf et al., Eds. (2012), vol. 737, pp. 63-69.
- P. W. Liu, M. F. Chen, A. P. Y. Tsai, T. J. F. Lee, STAT1 Mediates Oroxylin A Inhibition of iNOS and Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines Expression in Microglial BV-2 Cells. Plos One 7, (Dec, 2012).
- M. Mendivil-Perez, C. Velez-Pardo, M. Jimenez-Del-Rio, TPEN Induces Apoptosis Independently of Zinc Chelator Activity in a Model of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and Ex Vivo Acute Leukemia Cells through Oxidative Stress and Mitochondria Caspase-3-and AIF-Dependent Pathways. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, (2012).
- V. S. Peche et al., Ablation of cyclase-associated protein 2 (CAP2) leads to cardiomyopathy. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 70, 527 (Feb, 2013).
- J. H. Rogers et al., Zotarolimus-Eluting Peripheral Stents for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Subjects With Suboptimal Response to Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 60, 2618 (Dec, 2012).
- B. Schwartz, Renal Calyceal Anatomy Characterization with 3-Dimensional In Vivo Computerized Tomography Imaging EDITORIAL COMMENT. Journal of Urology 189, 567 (Feb, 2013).
- L. Shahani, Olanzapine-Associated Priapism. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 24, E28 (Fal, 2012).
- L. Shahani, Tramadol Precipitating Serotonin Syndrome in a Patient on Antidepressants. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 24, E52 (Fal, 2012).
- L. Shahani, Use of Lithium for Sexual Obsessions in Asperger's Disorder. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 24, E17 (Fal, 2012).
- L. Shahani, Venlafaxine Augmentation With Lithium Leading to Serotonin Syndrome. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 24, E47 (Sum, 2012).
- S. Sheth et al., Resveratrol Reduces Prostate Cancer Growth and Metastasis by Inhibiting the Akt/MicroRNA-21 Pathway. Plos One 7, (Dec, 2012).
- B. J. Spielman, 2011-2012 National Health Law Moot Court Competition: Introduction & Problem. Journal of Legal Medicine 33, 429 (2012).
- P. Strojan et al., Contemporary management of lymph node metastases from an unknown primary to the neck: I. A review of diagnostic approaches. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 35, 123 (Jan, 2013).
- T. L. Tseng et al., Oroxylin-A Rescues LPS-Induced Acute Lung Injury via Regulation of NF-kappa B Signaling Pathway in Rodents. Plos One 7, (Oct, 2012).
- L. D. Volk-Draper, S. Rajput, K. L. Hall, A. Wilber, S. Ran, Novel Model for Basaloid Triple-negative Breast Cancer: Behavior In Vivo and Response to Therapy. Neoplasia 14, 926 (Oct, 2012).
New Issue of the Library Newsletter
Visit the Medical Library's latest newsletter if you would like to:
- know how to comply with the NIH's Public Access Policy
use a point of care pediatrics resource (trial period underway)
- get a smartphone version of DynaMed, another point of care tool
- view articles on small screen devices through a new PubReader format at PubMed Central
- see what academic medicine's leaders are reading and quoting from AAMC
- find Journal Impact Factors
- plus exhibits, training, and more..... http://www.siumed.edu/lib/newsletter/2013-newsletter-winter.pdf
New Research Articles in PubMed from SIUSM
- A. Agarwal, S. W. Yu, A. Rehman, J. Q. Henkle, Hyperinsulinemia euglycemia therapy for calcium channel blocker overdose: a case report. Tex Heart Inst J 39, 575 (2012).
- S. Ahad, C. Gonczy, V. Advani, S. Markwell, I. Hassan, True benefit or selection bias: an analysis of laparoscopic versus open splenectomy from the ACS-NSQIP. Surg Endosc, (Jan 26, 2013).
- A. D'Amico R et al., in Plast Reconstr Surg. (2013), vol. 131, pp. 393-399.
- J. C. Davis, M. L. Wilson, The best diagnosis is: dermatitis herpetiformis. Cutis 90, 221 (Nov, 2012).
- J. M. Deboy, M. L. Boulton, D. F. Carpenter, Salaries and Compensation Practices in Public Health, Environmental, and Agricultural Laboratories: Findings From a 2010 National Survey. J Public Health Manag Pract, (Jan 17, 2013).
- S. K. Hota et al., in Nat Struct Mol Biol. (2013).
- K. D. Illingworth et al., Correlation of WOMAC and KOOS scores to tibiofemoral cartilage loss on plain radiography and 3 Tesla MRI: data from the osteoarthritis initiative. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc, (Jan 23, 2013).
- J. Kruse, Overcoming barriers to interprofessional education: the example of the joint position statement of the Physician Assistant Education Association and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. Fam Med 44, 586 (Sep, 2012).
- E. O. List et al., in Mol Endocrinol. (2013).
- M. R. Pranzatelli, E. D. Tate, N. R. McGee, J. A. Colliver, R. M. Ransohoff, CCR4 Agonists CCL22 and CCL17 are Elevated in Pediatric OMS Sera: Rapid and Selective Down-Regulation of CCL22 by ACTH or Corticosteroids. J Clin Immunol, (Jan 23, 2013).
- B. D. Richardson, L. L. Ling, V. V. Uteshev, D. M. Caspary, in J Neurosci. (United States, 2013), vol. 33, pp. 1218-27.
- K. J. Saleh et al., in J Bone Joint Surg Am. (United States, 2013), vol. 95, pp. e31-9.
- S. Tran et al., in Mol Endocrinol. (2013).
- C. M. Vassileva, J. Shabosky, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Cost analysis of isolated mitral valve surgery in the United States. Ann Thorac Surg 94, 1429 (Nov, 2012).
- C. Xu, C. Wang, S. L. Krager, K. M. Bottum, S. A. Tischkau, in Toxicol Sci. (2013).