Medical Library / Department of Information and Communication Sciences
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- R. M. Brown, M. G. Davis, K. Hayashi, J. A. MacLean, Regulated Expression of Rhox8 in the Mouse Ovary: Evidence for the Role of Progesterone and RHOX5 in Granulosa Cells. Biology of Reproduction 88, (2013); published online EpubMay (10.1095/biolreprod.112.103267).
- K. Dzara, J. Sarver, J. I. Bennett, P. Basnet, Resident and Medical Student Viewpoints on Their Participation in a Telepsychiatry Rotation. Academic Psychiatry 37, 214-216 (2013); published online EpubMay-Jun (
- R. J. Elble, What is Essential Tremor? Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports 13, (2013); published online EpubJun (10.1007/s11910-013-0353-4).
- K. Fortenberry, J. Ricks, F. E. Kovach, How much does weight loss affect hypertension? Journal of Family Practice 62, 258-259 (2013); published online EpubMay (
- K. C. Gilbert, M. Dhiwakar, W. S. Stevens, K. T. Robbins, Mediastinal goiter presenting with ventricular tachycardia. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 35, E194-E196 (2013); published online EpubJun (10.1002/hed.22956).
- S. Hakki, K. J. Saleh, A. G. Potty, V. Bilotta, D. Oliveira, Columbus Navigated TKA System: Clinical and Radiological Results at a Minimum of 5 Years With Survivorship Analysis. Orthopedics 36, E308-E318 (2013); published online EpubMar (10.3928/01477447-20130222-19).
- H. Han, L. Lopp, Writing and reading in the electronic health record: an entirely new world. Medical Education Online 18, (2013)10.3402/meo.v18i0.18634).
- Q. Liu, J. G. Huang, N. J. Zhou, Z. Q. Zhang, A. L. Zhang, Z. H. Lu, F. T. Wu, Y. Y. Mo, LncRNA loc285194 is a p53-regulated tumor suppressor. Nucleic Acids Research 41, 4976-4987 (2013); published online EpubMay (10.1093/nar/gkt182).
- B. Nixon, M. Stefanidou, P. M. M. Mesquita, E. Fakioglu, T. Segarra, L. Rohan, W. Halford, K. E. Palmer, B. C. Herold, Griffithsin Protects Mice from Genital Herpes by Preventing Cell-to-Cell Spread. Journal of Virology 87, 6257-6269 (2013); published online EpubJun (10.1128/jvi.00012-13).
- O. E. Onwuameze, S. Paradiso, C. Peek-Asa, K. J. Donham, R. H. Rautiainen, Modifiable risk factors for depressed mood among farmers. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry 25, 83-90 (2013); published online EpubMay (
- A. Sattar, J. E. Willman, R. Kolluri, Possible warfarin resistance due to interaction with ascorbic acid: Case report and literature review. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 70, 782-786 (2013); published online EpubMay (10.2146/ajhp110704).
- M. Seifert, C. Klein, D. Brennan, T. Mohanakumar, Early BK Viremia Is Associated with Antibodies to Kidney Transplant-Associated Self-Antigens Collagen Type IV and Fibronectin. American Journal of Transplantation 13, 114-115 (2013); published online EpubApr (
- C. M. Vassileva, G. Mishkel, C. McNeely, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Scaife, S. Hazelrigg, Long-Term Survival of Patients Undergoing Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement A Longitudinal Analysis of Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries. Circulation 127, 1870-1876 (2013); published online EpubMay (10.1161/circulationaha.113.002200).
- P. Witkowski, M. Garfinkel, L. Schenck, S. Pannain, J. Thistlethwaite, W. Chon, O. Cochet, K. Golab, O. Savari, J. Millis, Durability of Pancreatic Islets Transplantation in Brittle Type 1 Diabetics-9 Year Follow Up. American Journal of Transplantation 13, 495-495 (2013); published online EpubApr
Recent Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- A. Bartke, R. Westbrook, L. Sun, M. Ratajczak, Links between growth hormone and aging. Endokrynol Pol 64, 46-52 (2013).
- B. Batton, L. Li, N. S. Newman, A. Das, K. L. Watterberg, B. A. Yoder, R. G. Faix, M. M. Laughon, B. J. Stoll, K. P. Van Meurs, W. A. Carlo, B. B. Poindexter, E. F. Bell, P. J. Sanchez, R. A. Ehrenkranz, R. N. Goldberg, A. R. Laptook, K. A. Kennedy, I. D. Frantz, 3rd, S. Shankaran, K. Schibler, R. D. Higgins, M. C. Walsh, Use of antihypotensive therapies in extremely preterm infants. Pediatrics 131, e1865-1873 (2013); published online EpubJun (10.1542/peds.2012-2779).
- A. Cianciolo, T. Lower, Implementing a student-centred Year 4 curriculum: initial findings. Med Educ 46, 1107-1108 (2012); published online EpubNov (10.1111/medu.12001).
- J. Corona, D. J. Miller, J. Downs, B. A. Akbarnia, R. R. Betz, L. C. Blakemore, R. M. Campbell, J. M. Flynn, C. E. Johnston, R. E. McCarthy, D. P. Roye, D. L. Skaggs, J. T. Smith, B. D. Snyder, P. D. Sponseller, P. F. Sturm, G. H. Thompson, M. Yazici, M. G. Vitale, Evaluating the extent of clinical uncertainty among treatment options for patients with early-onset scoliosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 95, e671-610 (2013); published online EpubMay 15 (10.2106/jbjs.k.00805).
- K. Dzara, G. Jain, S. M. Soltys, The self-directed, structured summary as a teaching tool in a psychiatry journal club. Acad Psychiatry 36, 490-492 (2012); published online EpubNov 1 (10.1176/appi.ap.12010005).
- M. S. Evans, X. Cheng, J. A. Jeffry, K. E. Disney, L. S. Premkumar, Sumatriptan inhibits TRPV1 channels in trigeminal neurons. Headache 52, 773-784 (2012); published online EpubMay (10.1111/j.1526-4610.2011.02053.x).
- C. L. Faingold, M. Randall, Effects of age, sex, and sertraline administration on seizure-induced respiratory arrest in the DBA/1 mouse model of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP). Epilepsy Behav 28, 78-82 (2013); published online EpubJul (10.1016/j.yebeh.2013.04.003).
- Y. Fang, A. Bartke, Prolonged Rapamycin treatment led to beneficial metabolic switch. Aging (Albany NY), (2013); published online EpubMay 4 (
- R. Goswami, S. Gershburg, A. Satorius, E. Gershburg, Protein kinase inhibitors that inhibit induction of lytic program and replication of Epstein-Barr virus. Antiviral Res 96, 296-304 (2012); published online EpubDec (10.1016/j.antiviral.2012.09.021).
- K. J. Hodgson, EVAR for ruptured aneurysms: are the data complete? Semin Vasc Surg 25, 217-226 (2012); published online EpubDec (10.1053/j.semvascsurg.2012.09.007).
- P. Jalan, A. Mahajan, V. Pandav, S. Bekker, J. Koirala, Brentuximab associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 114, 1335-1337 (2012); published online EpubDec (10.1016/j.clineuro.2012.03.019).
- W. D. Jenkins, R. Kovach, B. J. Wold, W. E. Zahnd, Using patient-provided information to refine sexually transmitted infection screening criteria among women presenting in the emergency department. Sex Transm Dis 39, 965-967 (2012); published online EpubDec (10.1097/OLQ.0b013e31826e882f).
- B. I. Kalappa, F. Sun, S. R. Johnson, K. Jin, V. V. Uteshev, A positive allosteric modulator of alpha7 nAChRs augments neuroprotective effects of endogenous nicotinic agonists in cerebral ischemia. Br J Pharmacol, (2013); published online EpubMay 28 (10.1111/bph.12247).
- J. Kruse, Health care economics, the PCMH, and education for the future: the importance of prospective care coordination payments. Fam Med 44, 739-742 (2012); published online EpubNov-Dec (
- A. H. Meier, J. D. Mellinger, Endoscopic management of a duodenal duplication cyst. J Pediatr Surg 47, e33-35 (2012); published online EpubNov (10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2012.07.035).
- O. E. Onwuameze, S. Paradiso, C. Peek-Asa, K. J. Donham, R. H. Rautiainen, Modifiable risk factors for depressed mood among farmers. Ann Clin Psychiatry 25, 83-90 (2013); published online EpubMay (
- M. R. Pranzatelli, E. D. Tate, N. R. McGee, J. A. Colliver, Pediatric Reference Ranges for Proinflammatory and Anti-Inflammatory Cytokines in Cerebrospinal Fluid and Serum by Multiplexed Immunoassay. J Interferon Cytokine Res, (2013); published online EpubMay 9 (10.1089/jir.2012.0132).
- L. S. Premkumar, R. M. Pabbidi, Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Role of Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species. Cell Biochem Biophys, (2013); published online EpubMay 31 (10.1007/s12013-013-9609-5).
- K. T. Robbins, M. Dhiwakar, F. Vieira, K. Rao, J. Malone, Efficacy of super-selective neck dissection following chemoradiation for advanced head and neck cancer. Oral Oncol 48, 1185-1189 (2012); published online EpubNov (10.1016/j.oraloncology.2012.05.025).
- N. K. Roberts, R. G. Williams, M. Klingensmith, M. Sullivan, M. Boehler, G. Hickson, M. J. Kim, D. L. Klamen, T. Leblang, C. Schwind, K. Titchenal, G. L. Dunnington, The case of the entitled resident: a composite case study of a resident performance problem syndrome with interdisciplinary commentary. Med Teach 34, 1024-1032 (2012)10.3109/0142159x.2012.719654).
- N. Singh, S. Chakrabarty, Induction of CaSR expression circumvents the molecular features of malignant CaSR null colon cancer cells. Int J Cancer, (2013); published online EpubMay 15 (10.1002/ijc.28270).
- N. Singh, G. Liu, S. Chakrabarty, Cellular responses to TGFbeta and TGFbeta receptor expression in human colonic epithelial cells require CaSR expression and function. Cell Calcium 53, 366-371 (2013); published online EpubMay-Jun (10.1016/j.ceca.2013.04.003).
- N. Singh, G. Liu, S. Chakrabarty, Isolation and characterization of calcium sensing receptor null cells: a highly malignant and drug resistant phenotype of colon cancer. Int J Cancer 132, 1996-2005 (2013); published online EpubMay 1 (10.1002/ijc.27902).
- G. Woodson, Developing a porcine model for study of vocal fold scar. J Voice 26, 706-710 (2012); published online EpubNov (10.1016/j.jvoice.2012.03.003).