Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Web of Knowledge, now called Web of Science, has a new interface
Web of Knowledge is now called Web of Science. The name change and new interface rollout include the following changes:
- The Web of Science Core Collection includes the Science, Social Science, and Arts & Humanities Citation Indexes as well as the Conference Proceedings Citation Indexes.
- Note that if you leave the search selection on "All Databases," you will retrieve results from all the databases included in the Library's Web of Science subscription, not just the unique Core Collection.
- There is now one search box instead of three lines of search box options. Users can click "Add Another Field" to add more.
- A link to Journal Citation Reports has been added to the top bar, making it easier to find this resource for journal impact factors.
- Web of Science is included in the list of Quick Links on the Library's home page.
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- A. Bartke, R. Westbrook, J. J. Kopchick, M. Masternak, THERMONEUTRAL ENVIRONMENT ALTERS METABOLIC CHARACTERISTICS OF GH RECEPTOR KNOCK-OUT (GHRKO) MICE. Gerontologist 53, 505-505 (2013); published online EpubNov (
- G. J. Brewer, M. D. Boehler, S. Leondopulos, L. B. Pan, S. Alagapan, T. B. DeMarse, B. C. Wheeler, Toward a self-wired active reconstruction of the hippocampal trisynaptic loop: DG-CA3. Frontiers in Neural Circuits 7, (2013); published online EpubOct (10.3389/fncir.2013.00165).
- J. K. Davie, A. M. Van Hook, Science Signaling Podcast: 10 December 2013. Science Signaling 6, (2013); published online EpubDec (10.1126/scisignal.2004950).
- D. Ghosh, K. R. LeVault, G. J. Brewer, Dual-energy precursor and nuclear erythroid-related factor 2 activator treatment additively improve redox glutathione levels and neuron survival in aging and Alzheimer mouse neurons upstream of reactive oxygen species. Neurobiology of Aging 35, 179-190 (2014); published online EpubJan (10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2013.06.023).
- S. Jajoo, D. Mukherjea, T. Kaur, K. E. Sheehan, S. Sheth, V. Borse, L. P. Rybak, V. Ramkumar, Essential Role of NADPH Oxidase-Dependent Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in Regulating MicroRNA-21 Expression and Function in Prostate Cancer. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 19, 1863-1876 (2013); published online EpubDec (10.1089/ars.2012.4820).
- L. Y. Kadyrova, E. R. Blanko, F. A. Kadyrov, Human CAF-1-dependent nucleosome assembly in a defined system. Cell Cycle 12, 3286-3297 (2013); published online EpubOct (10.4161/cc.26310).
- P. Londhe, J. K. Davie, Interferon-gamma Resets Muscle Cell Fate by Stimulating the Sequential Recruitment of JARID2 and PRC2 to Promoters to Repress Myogenesis. Science Signaling 6, (2013); published online EpubDec (10.1126/scisignal.2004633).
- J. M. Stout, A. N. Knapp, W. J. Banz, D. G. Wallace, J. L. Cheatwood, Subcutaneous daidzein administration enhances recovery of skilled ladder rung walking performance following stroke in rats. Behavioural Brain Research 256, 428-431 (2013); published online EpubNov (10.1016/j.bbr.2013.08.027).
- X. Wortsman, C. Moreno, R. Soto, J. Arellano, C. Pezo, J. Wortsman, Ultrasound In-Depth Characterization and Staging of Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Dermatologic Surgery 39, 1835-1842 (2013); published online EpubDec (10.1111/dsu.12329).
New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- . G. P. Aylward, Continuing Issues With the Bayley-III: Where to Go From Here. J Dev Behav Pediatr 34, 697-701 (2013); published online EpubNov-Dec (10.1097/dbp.0000000000000000).
- D. Banerjee, K. D. Illingworth, W. M. Novicoff, S. L. Scaife, B. K. Jones, K. J. Saleh, Rural vs. urban utilization of total joint arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 28, 888-891 (2013); published online EpubJun (10.1016/j.arth.2012.09.004).
- T. J. Brozoski, K. W. Wisner, B. Odintsov, C. A. Bauer, Local NMDA Receptor Blockade Attenuates Chronic Tinnitus and Associated Brain Activity in an Animal Model. PLoS One 8, e77674 (2013)10.1371/journal.pone.0077674).
- A. T. Cianciolo, K. W. Eva, J. A. Colliver, Theory development and application in medical education. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S75-80 (2013)10.1080/10401334.2013.842907).
- A. D. Claussen, D. J. Fox, X. C. Yu, R. P. Meech, S. J. Verhulst, T. L. Hargrove, K. C. Campbell, D-methionine pre-loading reduces both noise-induced permanent threshold shift and outer hair cell loss in the chinchilla. Int J Audiol 52, 801-807 (2013); published online EpubDec (10.3109/14992027.2013.840933).
- H. Han, D. S. Resch, R. A. Kovach, Educational technology in medical education. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S39-43 (2013)10.1080/10401334.2013.842914).
- L. Y. Kadyrova, T. M. Mertz, Y. Zhang, M. R. Northam, Z. Sheng, K. S. Lobachev, P. V. Shcherbakova, F. A. Kadyrov, A reversible histone h3 acetylation cooperates with mismatch repair and replicative polymerases in maintaining genome stability. PLoS Genet 9, e1003899 (2013); published online EpubOct (10.1371/journal.pgen.1003899).
- D. J. Kanak, G. M. Rose, H. P. Zaveri, P. R. Patrylo, Altered network timing in the CA3-CA1 circuit of hippocampal slices from aged mice. PLoS One 8, e61364 (2013)10.1371/journal.pone.0061364).
- S. W. Karmarkar, S. A. Tischkau, Influences of the circadian clock on neuronal susceptibility to excitotoxicity. Front Physiol 4, 313 (2013)10.3389/fphys.2013.00313).
- D. L. Klamen, K. Sanserino, P. Skolnik, Patient safety education: what was, what is, and what will be? Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S44-49 (2013)10.1080/10401334.2013.842906).
- J. F. Koenig, M. Kottwitz, P. H. McKenna, Urethral mobilization for distal and mid shaft hypospadias with chordee. J Urol 190, 1545-1548 (2013); published online EpubOct (10.1016/j.juro.2013.02.038).
- T. A. Kung, R. A. Bueno, G. K. Alkhalefah, N. B. Langhals, M. G. Urbanchek, P. S. Cederna, Innovations in prosthetic interfaces for the upper extremity. Plast Reconstr Surg 132, 1515-1523 (2013); published online EpubDec (10.1097/PRS.0b013e3182a97e5f).
- T. A. Liberati, R. A. Trammell, M. Randle, S. Barrett, L. A. Toth, Cytokine and chemokine responses of lung exposed to surrogate viral and bacterial infections. Comp Med 63, 114-126 (2013); published online EpubApr (
- A. M. Metz, Racial and ethnic underrepresentation in medicine: lessons from the past and a vision of the future. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S33-38 (2013)10.1080/10401334.2013.842908).
- M. R. Pranzatelli, E. D. Tate, N. R. McGee, J. A. Colliver, R. M. Ransohoff, CCR4 agonists CCL22 and CCL17 are elevated in pediatric OMS sera: rapid and selective down-regulation of CCL22 by ACTH or corticosteroids. J Clin Immunol 33, 817-825 (2013); published online EpubMay (10.1007/s10875-013-9867-4).
- N. K. Roberts, L. D. Coplit, Future focus for professional development. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S57-61 (2013)10.1080/10401334.2013.842913).
- L. Shahani, N. Khardori, Fusobacterium necrophorum--beyond Lemierres syndrome. BMJ Case Rep 2011, (2011)10.1136/bcr.07.2011.4527).
- J. M. Smith, J. E. Reid, M. L. Wilson, Resident Rounds. Part III. Cutaneous Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare resembling sarcoidosis. J Drugs Dermatol 12, 490-491 (2013); published online EpubApr (
- L. A. Toth, P. Bhargava, Animal models of sleep disorders. Comp Med 63, 91-104 (2013); published online EpubApr (
- C. M. Vassileva, B. T. Manning, T. M. Boley, S. R. Hazelrigg, Type a intramural hematoma in the setting of acute type B aortic dissection. Ann Thorac Surg 96, 1868-1870 (2013); published online EpubNov (10.1016/j.athoracsur.2013.01.096).
- M. Yang, L. Sheng, T. R. Zhang, Q. Li, Stem cell therapy for lower extremity diabetic ulcers: where do we stand? Biomed Res Int 2013, 462179 (2013)10.1155/2013/462179).