Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- R. K. Baboota et al., Capsaicin-induced transcriptional changes in hypothalamus and alterations in gut microbial count in high fat diet fed mice. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 25, 893-902 (2014).
- R. A. Bueno et al., Replantation Current Concepts and Outcomes. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 41, 385-+ (2014).
- Z. Cao et al., Statil suppresses cancer cell growth and proliferation by the inhibition of tumor marker AKR1B10. Anti-Cancer Drugs 25, 930-937 (2014).
- A. M. Cochran, P. J. Buchanan, R. A. Bueno, M. W. Neumeister, Subungual Melanoma: A Review of Current Treatment. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 134, 259-273 (2014).
- G. Durairaj, R. Sen, B. Uprety, A. Shukla, S. R. Bhaumik, Sus1p Facilitates Pre-Initiation Complex Formation at the SAGA-Regulated Genes Independently of Histone H2B De-Ubiquitylation. Journal of Molecular Biology 426, 2928-2941 (2014).
- L. Feng, V. V. Uteshev, Projection Target-Specific Action of Nicotine in the Caudal Nucleus of the Solitary Tract. Journal of Neuroscience Research 92, 1560-1572 (2014).
- S. Ganai, Disclosure of Surgeon Experience. World Journal of Surgery 38, 1622-1625 (2014).
- D. Ghosh, K. R. Levault, G. J. Brewer, Relative importance of redox buffers GSH and NAD(P)H in age-related neurodegeneration and Alzheimer disease-like mouse neurons. Aging Cell 13, 631-640 (2014).
- K. N. Hascup, E. R. Hascup, Electrochemical Techniques for Subsecond Neurotransmitter Detection in Live Rodents. Comparative Medicine 64, 249-255 (2014).
- C. H. Lin, K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Immediate Tissue Transplantation in Upper Limb Trauma Spare Parts Reconstruction. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 41, 397-+ (2014).
- C. Mahajan et al., Effect of intraoperative brain protection with propofol on postoperative cognition in patients undergoing temporary clipping during intracranial aneurysm surgery. Neurology India 62, 262-268 (2014).
- M. L. Mellion et al., Small-Fiber Degeneration in Alcohol-Related Peripheral Neuropathy. Alcoholism-Clinical and Experimental Research 38, 1965-1972 (2014).
- M. W. Neumeister, K. Webb, K. McKenna, Non-surgical Management of Metacarpal Fractures. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 41, 451-+ (2014).
- M. E. Seifert, D. C. Brennan, Cytomegalovirus and Anemia: Not Just for Transplant Anymore. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 25, 1613-1615 (2014).
- J. B. Tang, M. W. Neumeister, Hand Repair and Reconstruction Preface. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 41, XIII-XIV (2014).
- R. A. Trammell, L. A. Toth, Behavioral Perturbation and Sleep in Healthy and Virus-Infected Inbred Mice. Comparative Medicine 64, 283-292 (2014).
- C. M. Vassileva et al., Mitral procedure selection in patients on dialysis: Does mitral repair influence outcomes? Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 148, 144-U732 (2014).
- C. Wang, Z. M. Zhang, C. X. Xu, S. A. Tischkau, Interplay between Dioxin-Mediated Signaling and Circadian Clock: A Possible Determinant in Metabolic Homeostasis. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 15, 11700-11712 (2014).
- K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Early Practice Early Practice in Hand Surgery. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 41, 625-+ (2014).
- C. Y. C. Wu et al., L-type calcium channels in sympathetic alpha 3 beta 2-nAChR-mediated cerebral nitrergic neurogenic vasodilation. Acta Physiologica 211, 544-558 (2014).
New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal, S. D. Mendenhall, P. N. Hopkins, Medical student perceptions of plastic surgeons as hand surgery specialists. Ann Plast Surg 72, 89-93 (2014).
- G. P. Aylward, Continuing issues with the Bayley-III: where to go from here. J Dev Behav Pediatr 34, 697-701 (2013).
- R. Cai, B. I. Kalappa, T. J. Brozoski, L. L. Ling, D. M. Caspary, Is GABA neurotransmission enhanced in auditory thalamus relative to inferior colliculus? J Neurophysiol 111, 229-238 (2014).
- J. K. Dorsey, N. K. Roberts, B. Wold, Feedback matters: the impact of an intervention by the dean on unprofessional faculty at one medical school. Acad Med 89, 1032-1037 (2014).
- V. Doshi et al., R-134a (1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane) Inhalation Induced Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome. Am J Ther, (2014).
- C. W. Fwu et al., Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Associations of Sexual Function with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Urol, (2014).
- A. Gesing, K. A. Al-Regaiey, A. Bartke, M. M. Masternak, Growth Hormone Abolishes Beneficial Effects of Calorie Restriction in Long-Lived Ames Dwarf Mice. Exp Gerontol, (2014).
- M. Henderson, M. W. Neumeister, R. A. Bueno, Jr., Hand tumors: II. Benign and malignant bone tumors of the hand. Plast Reconstr Surg 133, 814e-821e (2014).
- R. J. Larson, J. Aylward, Evaluation and management of hypertension in the perioperative period of Mohs micrographic surgery: a review. Dermatol Surg 40, 603-609 (2014).
- X. Li, W. Chen, J. Sheng, D. Cao, W. Wang, Interleukin-6 inhibits voltage-gated sodium channel activity of cultured rat spinal cord neurons. Acta Neuropsychiatr 26, 170-177 (2014).
- P. Londhe, J. K. Davie, Interferon-gamma resets muscle cell fate by stimulating the sequential recruitment of JARID2 and PRC2 to promoters to repress myogenesis. Sci Signal 6, ra107 (2013).
- C. A. McNeely, C. M. Vassileva, Long-term Outcomes of Mitral Valve Repair Versus Replacement for Degenerative Disease: A Systematic Review. Curr Cardiol Rev, (2014).
- O. E. Onwuameze, S. Paradiso, Social Adaptive Functioning, Apathy, and Nondysphoric Depression among Nursing Home-Dwelling Very Old Adults. Psychopathology, (2014).
- R. Sen et al., Rrd1p, an RNA polymerase II-specific prolyl isomerase and activator of phosphoprotein phosphatase, promotes transcription independently of rapamycin response. Nucleic Acids Res, (2014).
- P. J. Shah, S. J. Bergman, D. R. Graham, S. Glenn, Monitoring of Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy and Implementation of Clinical Pharmacy Services at a Community Hospital Infusion Unit. J Pharm Pract, (2014).
- Z. Tang et al., Aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B8 is secreted via non-classical pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7, 3791-3799 (2014).
- C. M. Vassileva et al., Mitral procedure selection in patients on dialysis: does mitral repair influence outcomes? J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 148, 144-150.e141 (2014).
- R. G. Williams et al., The Measured Effect of Delay in Completing Operative Performance Ratings on Clarity and Detail of Ratings Assigned. J Surg Educ, (2014).
- A. B. Wilson et al., Clinical Assessment and Management Examination-Outpatient (CAMEO): Its Validity and Use in a Surgical Milestones Paradigm. J Surg Educ, (2014).
- S. T. Workenhe et al., Immunogenic HSV-mediated oncolysis shapes the antitumor immune response and contributes to therapeutic efficacy. Mol Ther 22, 123-131 (2014).
- Q. Yu et al., Tanshinon IIA Injection Accelerates Tissue Expansion by Reducing the Formation of the Fibrous Capsule. PLoS One 9, e105756 (2014).
- Y. Yu, V. Walia, R. C. Elble, Loss of CLCA4 promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cells. PLoS One 8, e83943 (2013).
- B. Zhu, M. Zhang, S. D. Byrum, A. J. Tackett, J. K. Davie, TBX2 blocks myogenesis and promotes proliferation in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Int J Cancer 135, 785-797 (2014).
Ebola Virus News and Research Information
Science and Science Translational Medicine have responded to the current outbreak of disease caused by the Ebola virus by making this collection of research and news articles on the Ebola virus freely available to researchers and the general public. See the Ebola virus special collection.
The AMA Manual of Style is a an essential tool for those engaged in medical and scientific publishing. The Medical Library has added online access to the AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors (10th edition).
- Quick search and advanced search options to search the full text of the book.
- Browse the table of contents and the index and jump quickly to the section that you want.
- View content on-screen, print in print-friendly format, or download to PDF.
- Interactive SI Conversion calculator lets you quickly convert units of measure.
- Create a personal profile to allow you to save content and searches for future visits.
Where to Access
The AMA Manual of Style is linked on our ebooks page and in the Library catalog. This resource may be accessed off-campus using your SIUSM email ID and password.