10 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- V. R. Dharnidharka, M. E. Seifert, Kidney transplant results in children: progress made, but blacks lag behind. Kidney International 87, 492-494 (2015).
- J. J. Geltz, E. Gershburg, W. P. Halford, Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV-2) Infected Cell Proteins Are among the Most Dominant Antigens of a Live-Attenuated HSV-2 Vaccine. Plos One 10, (2015).
- A. Gesing et al., Expression of Apoptosis-Related Genes in Liver-Specific Growth Hormone Receptor Gene-Disrupted Mice Is Sex Dependent. Journals of Gerontology Series a-Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 70, 44-52 (2015).
- I. Hassan, P. E. Pacheco, S. J. Markwell, S. Ahad, Additional Procedures Performed During Elective Colon Surgery and Their Adverse Impact on Postoperative Outcomes. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery 19, 527-534 (2015).
- A. Y. Huang, M. H. Chen, S. Y. Wu, K. S. Lu, Tight Junctions in Gerbil von Ebner's Gland: Horseradish Peroxidase and Freeze-Fracture Studies. Microscopy Research and Technique 78, 213-219 (2015).
- P. J. Jensik, L. A. Arbogast, Regulation of cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein (CIS) by ubiquitination and Elongin B/C interaction. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 401, 130-141 (2015).
- D. Pope, S. L. Scaife, T. H. Tzeng, S. Vasdev, K. J. Saleh, Impact of diabetes on early postoperative outcomes after total elbow arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 24, 348-352 (2015).
- A. A. Sharp, A. Bekoff, Pyridoxine Treatment Alters Embryonic Motility in Chicks: Implications for the Role of Proprioception. Developmental Psychobiology 57, 271-277 (2015).
- A. A. Sharp, Y. Fedorovich, TERATOGENIC EFFECTS OF PYRIDOXINE ON THE SPINAL CORD AND DORSAL ROOT GANGLIA OF EMBRYONIC CHICKENS. Neuroscience 289, 233-241 (2015).
- S. Zampieri et al., Lifelong Physical Exercise Delays Age-Associated Skeletal Muscle Decline. Journals of Gerontology Series a-Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 70, 163-173 (2015).
38 New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal et al., The breast reconstruction evaluation of acellular dermal matrix as a sling trial (BREASTrial): design and methods of a prospective randomized trial. Plast Reconstr Surg 135, 20e-28e (2015).
- M. Amit et al., The origin of regional failure in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma with pathologically negative neck metastases. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 140, 1130-1137 (2014).
- G. P. Aylward, Update on neurodevelopmental outcomes of infants born prematurely. J Dev Behav Pediatr 35, 392-393 (2014).
- R. K. Baboota et al., Capsaicin-induced transcriptional changes in hypothalamus and alterations in gut microbial count in high fat diet fed mice. J Nutr Biochem 25, 893-902 (2014).
- A. Bartke, J. J. Kopchick, The forgotten lactogenic activity of growth hormone: Important implications for rodent studies. Endocrinology, en20151097 (2015).
- K. K. Bedi et al., Survey of the knowledge, perception, and attitude of medical students at the university of leeds toward organ donation and transplantation. Transplant Proc 47, 247-260 (2015).
- R. A. Bueno, Jr. et al., Replantation: current concepts and outcomes. Clin Plast Surg 41, 385-395 (2014).
- C. B. Chambers et al., A System for Creating Stable Cell Lines that Express a Gene of Interest from a Bidirectional and Regulatable Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Promoter. PLoS One 10, e0122253 (2015).
- C. L. Chou, C. Y. Pang, T. J. Lee, T. C. Fang, Beneficial effects of calcitriol on hypertension, glucose intolerance, impairment of endothelium-dependent vascular relaxation, and visceral adiposity in fructose-fed hypertensive rats. PLoS One 10, e0119843 (2015).
- A. Ebrahimi et al., Primary tumor staging for oral cancer and a proposed modification incorporating depth of invasion: an international multicenter retrospective study. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 140, 1138-1148 (2014).
- B. M. Fuller et al., The impact of cardiac dysfunction on acute respiratory distress syndrome and mortality in mechanically ventilated patients with severe sepsis and septic shock: an observational study. J Crit Care 30, 65-70 (2015).
- D. Ghosh, K. R. Levault, G. J. Brewer, Relative importance of redox buffers GSH and NAD(P)H in age-related neurodegeneration and Alzheimer disease-like mouse neurons. Aging Cell 13, 631-640 (2014).
- M. D. Hoban et al., Correction of the sickle-cell disease mutation in human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Blood, (2015).
- W. D. Jenkins et al., Comparison of Cancer-specific and General Health Literacy Assessments in an Educated Population: Correlations and Modifying Factors. J Cancer Educ, (2015).
- C. S. Li, D. P. Lu, Y. K. Cho, Descending projections from the nucleus accumbens shell excite activity of taste-responsive neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract in the hamster. J Neurophysiol, jn 00362 02014 (2015).
- C. H. Lin, K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Immediate tissue transplantation in upper limb trauma: spare parts reconstruction. Clin Plast Surg 41, 397-406 (2014).
- B. T. Manning et al., Diagnosis and Management of Extra-articular Causes of Pain After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Instr Course Lect 64, 381-388 (2015).
- L. B. Meade, C. Y. Todd, M. M. Walsh, Found in transition: applying milestones to three unique discharge curricula. PeerJ 3, e819 (2015).
- S. D. Mendenhall et al., The BREASTrial: stage I. Outcomes from the time of tissue expander and acellular dermal matrix placement to definitive reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 135, 29e-42e (2015).
- H. Nawaz et al., Teaming: an approach to the growing complexities in health care: AOA critical issues. J Bone Joint Surg Am 96, e184 (2014).
- M. W. Neumeister, K. Webb, K. McKenna, Non-surgical management of metacarpal fractures. Clin Plast Surg 41, 451-461 (2014).
- A. G. Potty et al., Diagnosis and Management of Intra-articular Causes of Pain After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Instr Course Lect 64, 389-401 (2015).
- S. Raz et al., Physical Growth in the Neonatal Intensive-Care Unit and Neuropsychological Performance at Preschool Age in very Preterm-Born Singletons. J Int Neuropsychol Soc, 1-11 (2015).
- N. K. Roberts, J. K. Dorsey, B. Wold, Unprofessional behavior by specialty: a qualitative analysis of six years of student perceptions of medical school faculty. Med Teach 36, 621-625 (2014).
- A. A. Sharp, Sensory regulation of spontaneous limb movements in the midstage embryonic chick. Dev Psychobiol, (2015).
- B. J. Stevenson, T. S. Kohler, First reported case of isolated persistent genital arousal disorder in a male. Case Rep Urol 2015, 465748 (2015).
- M. B. Stout et al., Growth hormone action predicts age-related white adipose tissue dysfunction and senescent cell burden in mice. Aging (Albany NY) 6, 575-586 (2014).
- J. B. Tang, M. W. Neumeister, Hand repair and reconstruction. Clin Plast Surg 41, xiii-xiv (2014).
- L. A. Toth, R. A. Trammell, R. W. Williams, Mapping complex traits using families of recombinant inbred strains: an overview and example of mapping susceptibility to Candida albicans induced illness phenotypes. Pathog Dis 71, 234-248 (2014).
- L. Volk-Draper et al., Paclitaxel therapy promotes breast cancer metastasis in a TLR4-dependent manner. Cancer Res 74, 5421-5434 (2014).
- B. Voss et al., Renal and Gastrointestinal Considerations in Joint Replacement Surgery. J Nat Sci 1, e46 (2015).
- K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Early practice in hand surgery. Clin Plast Surg 41, 625-629 (2014).
- M. L. Wilson, Reply to "Surgical margins for melanoma in situ: When 5-mm margins are really 9 mm". J Am Acad Dermatol 72, 745 (2015).
- X. Wortsman, R. Guerrero, J. Wortsman, Hair morphology in androgenetic alopecia: sonographic and electron microscopic studies. J Ultrasound Med 33, 1265-1272 (2014).
- S. Zampieri et al., Lifelong physical exercise delays age-associated skeletal muscle decline. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 70, 163-173 (2015).
- C. Zeng et al., Fluoxetine prevents respiratory arrest without enhancing ventilation in DBA/1 mice. Epilepsy Behav 45, 1-7 (2015).
George Washington and Medicine Traveling Exhibit
The Medical Library is hosting "Every Necessary Care and Attention: George Washington and Medicine", a National Library of Medicine traveling exhibit. Six panels highlight the medical responsibilities of George Washington as head of household, plantation owner, businessman, military general, and President.
The exhibit will be on view in the Library's newly renovated lobby through April 24, 2015. Related books from the Medical Library's Special Collections are also on display in the new historical wall in the lobby.
This exhibition was developed and produced by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health with the Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
JoVE Android and iPhone apps now available for download!
JoVE has just released two new mobile apps and a newly optimized version of the JoVE website. JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is a peer reviewed scientific video journal. With JoVE Mobile, scientists and students alike can now view JoVE scientific video articles from the mobile device of their choice. All SIUSM members with an siumed.edu email address may download the apps free of charge.
To download JoVE Mobile, search for 'JoVE' in the Apple app store or on Google Play.
To use the app you must first create an account using your siumed.edu email address. An account allows you to use your institution's subscription even when off campus, and you can post questions for article authors. To create an account, go to www.jove.com.
See the upper right corner of the screen to create an account and to sign in.
Ebola Virus News and Research Information
Science and Science Translational Medicine have responded to the current outbreak of disease caused by the Ebola virus by making this collection of research and news articles on the Ebola virus freely available to researchers and the general public. See the Ebola virus special collection.