Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
27 New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- O. Arum et al., Do altered energy metabolism or spontaneous locomotion 'mediate' decelerated senescence? Aging Cell, (2015).
- E. Cacioppo, J. R. Waymack, Bilateral inferior shoulder dislocation. West J Emerg Med 16, 157 (2015).
- X. P. Chen, R. G. Williams, H. A. Sanfey, D. S. Smink, A taxonomy of surgeons' guiding behaviors in the operating room. Am J Surg 209, 15-20 (2015).
- V. R. Dharnidharka, M. E. Seifert, in Kidney Int. (United States, 2015), vol. 87, pp. 492-494.
- A. Dua et al., The effect of Surgical Care Improvement Project measures on national trends on surgical site infections in open vascular procedures. J Vasc Surg 60, 1635-1639 (2014).
- A. Dua et al., The effect of hospital factors on mortality rates after abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Surg 60, 1446-1451 (2014).
- J. J. Geltz, E. Gershburg, W. P. Halford, in PLoS One. (United States, 2015), vol. 10, pp. e0116091.
- E. R. Hascup, F. Wang, J. J. Kopchick, A. Bartke, Inflammatory and Glutamatergic Homeostasis Are Involved in Successful Aging. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, (2015).
- A. Y. Huang, M. H. Chen, S. Y. Wu, K. S. Lu, Tight junctions in Gerbil von Ebner's Gland: Horseradish peroxidase and freeze-fracture studies. Microsc Res Tech 78, 213-219 (2015).
- L. Y. Kadyrova et al., A reversible histone H3 acetylation cooperates with mismatch repair and replicative polymerases in maintaining genome stability. PLoS Genet 9, e1003899 (2013).
- K. M. Ken, S. C. Shockman, M. Sirichotiratana, M. P. Lent, M. L. Wilson, Dermatoses associated with mites other than Sarcoptes. Semin Cutan Med Surg 33, 110-115 (2014).
- K. T. McVary et al., A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study of onabotulinumtoxinA 200 U to treat lower urinary tract symptoms in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol 192, 150-156 (2014).
- H. Nepal, M. Bhattarai, E. T. Agustin, New-onset mania following bariatric surgery. Psychiatry Investig 12, 152-154 (2015).
- M. E. Olson, Bacteriophage Transduction in Staphylococcus aureus. Methods Mol Biol, (2015).
- A. I. Omar, Tumor treating field therapy in combination with bevacizumab for the treatment of recurrent glioblastoma. J Vis Exp, e51638 (2014).
- R. L. Robinson, in Adv Med Educ Pract. (New Zealand, 2015), vol. 6, pp. 93-98.
- M. E. Seifert et al., in Am J Nephrol. (Switzerland, 2014), vol. 39, pp. 392-399.
- A. A. Sharp, A. Bekoff, Pyridoxine treatment alters embryonic motility in chicks: Implications for the role of proprioception. Dev Psychobiol 57, 271-277 (2015).
- D. Stefanidis et al., Research priorities for multi-institutional collaborative research in surgical education. Am J Surg 209, 52-58 (2015).
- L. Y. Sun, A. Bartke, Tissue-Specific GHR Knockout Mice: Metabolic Phenotypes. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 5, 243 (2014).
- D. E. Swanson et al., Penile fracture: outcomes of early surgical intervention. Urology 84, 1117-1121 (2014).
- F. Urbinati et al., Potentially Therapeutic Levels of Anti-Sickling Globin Gene Expression Following Lentivirus-mediated Gene Transfer in Sickle Cell Disease Bone Marrow CD34Cells. Exp Hematol, (2015).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (case presentation). Acta Paediatr 103, 687-688 (2014).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (discussion and diagnosis). Acta Paediatr 103, 788-789 (2014).
- C. M. Vassileva, N. Ghazanfari, S. Markwell, T. Boley, S. Hazelrigg, Preoperative heart failure in the Medicare population undergoing mitral valve repair and replacement: an opportunity for improvement. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 148, 1393-1399 (2014).
- C. Wang, Z. M. Zhang, C. X. Xu, S. A. Tischkau, Interplay between Dioxin-mediated signaling and circadian clock: a possible determinant in metabolic homeostasis. Int J Mol Sci 15, 11700-11712 (2014).
- R. C. Welliver, Jr. et al., Validity of midday total testosterone levels in older men with erectile dysfunction. J Urol 192, 165-169 (2014).
JoVE Android and iPhone apps now available for download!
JoVE has just released two new mobile apps and a newly optimized version of the JoVE website. JoVE, the Journal of Visualized Experiments, is a peer reviewed scientific video journal. With JoVE Mobile, scientists and students alike can now view JoVE scientific video articles from the mobile device of their choice. All SIUSM members with an siumed.edu email address may download the apps free of charge.
To download JoVE Mobile, search for 'JoVE' in the Apple app store or on Google Play.
To use the app you must first create an account using your siumed.edu email address. An account allows you can use your institution's subscription even when off campus, and you can post questions for article authors. To create an account, go to www.jove.com.
See the upper left corner of the screen to create an account and to sign in.
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal et al., The Breast Reconstruction Evaluation of Acellular Dermal Matrix as a Sling Trial (BREASTrial): Design and Methods of a Prospective Randomized Trial. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 135, 20E-28E (2015).
- M. Amit et al., The Origin of Regional Failure in Oral Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma With Pathologically Negative Neck Metastases. Jama Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 140, 1130-1137 (2014).
- K. M. Devon, J. P. Lerner-Ellis, S. Ganai, P. Angelos, Ethics and Genomic Medicine, How to Navigate Decisions in Surgical Oncology. Journal of Surgical Oncology 111, 18-23 (2015).
- B. M. Fuller et al., The impact of cardiac dysfunction on acute respiratory distress syndrome and mortality in mechanically ventilated patients with severe sepsis and septic shock: An observational study. Journal of Critical Care 30, 65-70 (2015).
- H. Harshman, F. Kovach, Is immediate-release topiramate an effective treatment for adult obesity? Journal of Family Practice 63, 745-746 (2014).
- A. Huang, S. Wu, S. Roper, Sodium taste elicits ATP secretion in mouse taste buds. Faseb Journal 28, (2014).
- S. D. Mendenhall et al., The BREASTrial: Stage I. Outcomes from the Time of Tissue Expander and Acellular Dermal Matrix Placement to Definitive Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 135, 29E-42E (2015).
- H. Nawaz et al., Teaming: An Approach to the Growing Complexities in Health Care. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery-American Volume 96A, (2014).
- M. W. Neumeister, The Role of Botulinum Toxin in Vasospastic Disorders of the Hand. Hand Clinics 31, 23-+ (2015).
- R. E. Rieselbach, P. H. Rockey, R. L. Phillips, K. Klink, M. Cox, Aligning Expansion of Graduate Medical Education With Recent Recommendations for Reform. Annals of Internal Medicine 161, 668-U688 (2014).
- A. Tsai et al., Effects of oroxylin A in cerebral vascular tone regulation. Faseb Journal 28, (2014).
- M. L. Zhang, B. Zhu, J. Davie, Alternative Splicing of MEF2C pre-mRNA Controls Its Activity in Normal Myogenesis and Promotes Tumorigenicity in Rhabdomyosarcoma Cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 290, 310-324 (2015).
New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee, B. Holland, D. Dynda, O. Kamel, S. Ganai, Primary tumor size predicts pathologic findings in the retroperitoneal lymph nodes in patients with paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma. Virchows Arch 465, 697-701 (2014).
- S. Alanee, K. Schrader, K. Offit, Genitourinary Cancers Other than Prostate Cancer in a BRCA-tested Cohort from a Single Institution. Eur Urol, (2015).
- G. B. Auffenberg et al., An observational analysis of provider adherence to AUA guidelines on the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol 192, 1483-1488 (2014).
- A. S. Brodsky et al., Expression profiling of primary and metastatic ovarian tumors reveals differences indicative of aggressive disease. PLoS One 9, e94476 (2014).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, N. Kumar, J. Heller, Epidemiology and treatment strategies of iliac vein thrombophlebitis. Vascular, (2015).
- Y. Guo, D. Nie, in Cell Cycle. (United States, 2014), vol. 13, pp. 1836-1837.
- W. P. Halford, Antigenic breadth: a missing ingredient in HSV-2 subunit vaccines? Expert Rev Vaccines 13, 691-710 (2014).
- Y. C. He, F. L. Zhou, Y. Shen, D. F. Liao, D. Cao, Apoptotic death of cancer stem cells for cancer therapy. Int J Mol Sci 15, 8335-8351 (2014).
- M. Higuchi et al., Mid-Life Proteinuria and Late-Life Cognitive Function and Dementia in Elderly Men: The Honolulu-Asia Aging Study. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord, (2015).
- J. Lovey et al., [Selective 12-lipoxygenase inhibition potentiates the effect of radiation on human prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo]. Magy Onkol 58, 211-218 (2014).
- H. Matsumoto et al., Psychosocial effects of repetitive surgeries in children with early-onset scoliosis: are we putting them at risk? J Pediatr Orthop 34, 172-178 (2014).
- R. Robinson, Hospitalist workload and resident evaluations. Clin Teach 12, 55-58 (2015).
- A. A. Sharp, Y. Fedorovich, Teratogenic effects of pyridoxine on the spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia of embryonic chickens. Neuroscience, (2015).
- B. Spielman, Nonconsensual Clinical Trials: A Foreseeable Risk of Offshoring Under Global Corporatism. J Bioeth Inq, (2015).
- C. M. Swartz, A mechanism of seizure induction by electricity and its clinical implications. J ect 30, 94-97 (2014).
- M. S. Taljanovic et al., High-Resolution US and MR Imaging of Peroneal Tendon Injuries. Radiographics 35, 179-199 (2015).
- A. Tzeng et al., Treating periprosthetic joint infections as biofilms: key diagnosis and management strategies. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis, (2014).
- C. M. Vassileva et al., Heart failure readmission after mitral valve repair and replacement: five-year follow-up in the Medicare population. Ann Thorac Surg 98, 1544-1550 (2014).
Ebola Virus News and Research Information
Science and Science Translational Medicine have responded to the current outbreak of disease caused by the Ebola virus by making this collection of research and news articles on the Ebola virus freely available to researchers and the general public. See the Ebola virus special collection.