Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
18 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee, J. Clemons, W. Zahnd, D. Sadowski, D. Dynda, Trichloroethylene Is Associated with Kidney Cancer Mortality: A Population-based Analysis. Anticancer Research 35, 4009-4013 (2015).
- S. Alanee et al., Contemporary Incidence and Mortality Rates of Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Research 35, 4145-4150 (2015).
- J. Antony et al., DW-F-5: A novel formulation against malignant melanoma from Wrightia tinctoria. Scientific Reports 5, (2015).
- C. Ha, J. Regan, I. B. Cetindag, A. Ali, J. D. Mellinger, Benign Esophageal Tumors. Surgical Clinics of North America 95, 491-+ (2015).
- M. C. Jones, T. Lasak-Myall, T. M. Abdelhak, P. N. Varelas, Indomethacin for treatment of refractory intracranial hypertension secondary to acute liver failure. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 72, 1020-1025 (2015).
- E. G. Karroum, I. Arnulf, Characterization of the painful restless legs syndrome. Sleep Medicine 16, 897-897 (2015).
- M. L. King et al., WNT7A/beta-catenin signaling induces FGF1 and influences sensitivity to niclosamide in ovarian cancer. Oncogene 34, 3452-3462 (2015).
- B. Kistner, W. Zahnd, A. Ali, J. D. Mellinger, S. Ganai, Exploration of rural disparities in pancreatic cancer staging and mortality to incidence ratio in Illinois. Journal of Clinical Oncology 33, (2015).
- M. Li et al., Dynamic regulation of transcription factors by nucleosome remodeling. Elife 4, (2015).
- R. Mathews, T. K. Mattoo, The Role of Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in the Management of Children With Vesicoureteral Reflux-The RIVUR Study Outcomes. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease 22, 325-330 (2015).
- A. P. Michael, K. Marshall-Bowman, Spaceflight-Induced Intracranial Hypertension. Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance 86, 557-562 (2015).
- A. Moore, M. J. Butcher, T. S. Kohler, Testosterone Replacement Therapy on the Natural History of Prostate Disease. Current Urology Reports 16, (2015).
- G. Mueller, S. E. Rigdon, The Constant Shape Parameter Assumption in Weibull Regression. Quality Engineering 27, 374-392 (2015).
- J. L. O'Loughlin et al., The Intestinal Microbiota Influences Campylobacter jejuni Colonization and Extraintestinal Dissemination in Mice. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 81, 4642-4650 (2015).
- C. G. Roehrborn et al., Three year results of the prostatic urethral LIFT study. Canadian Journal of Urology 22, 7772-7782 (2015).
- N. Singh, M. N. Aslam, J. Varani, S. Chakrabarty, Induction of calcium sensing receptor in human colon cancer cells by calcium, vitamin D and aquamin: Promotion of a more differentiated, less malignant and indolent phenotype. Molecular Carcinogenesis 54, 543-553 (2015).
- L. A. Toth, The influence of the cage environment on rodent physiology and behavior: Implications for reproducibility of pre-clinical rodent research. Experimental Neurology 270, 72-77 (2015).
- R. A. Trammell, L. A. Toth, Effects of Sleep Fragmentation and Chronic Latent Viral Infection on Behavior and Inflammation in Mice. Comparative Medicine 65, 173-185 (2015).
Illinois Prairie Pastel Society Exhibit on Display
An exhibit of paintings by the Illinois Prairie Pastel Society is on display at the SIU Medical Library. Make time to see these beautiful works of art. A meet-the-artist reception will be held in the Library on Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
The exhibit will continue through August 28, 2015.
Introducing Sound & Query podcasts
Sound & Query is a new podcast series produced by the SIU Medical Library. We will report on Medical Library events and resources and on topics of interest, including research and actitivies at SIU School of Medicine. Our inaugural podcast includes information about the new National Library of Medicine traveling exhibit, Pick Your Poison, and an interview with Wiley Jenkins, PhD, on his research and poster on e-cigarettes..
Play or download the latest podcast from the Library's home page on the right sidebar or use the link to the podcast home page where all podcasts will be listed as they are added.
30 New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Basnet, S. Shrestha, A. Ghimire, D. Timila, J. Gurung, U. Karki, N. Adhikari, J. Andoh, J. Koirala, Development of a PICU in Nepal: the experience of the first year. Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies 15, e314-320 (2014); published online EpubSep (10.1097/pcc.0000000000000201).
- C. A. Bauer, J. Berry, T. J. Brozoski, Clinical trials supported by the Tinnitus Research Consortium: Lessons learned, the Southern Illinois University experience. Hearing research, (2015); published online EpubMay 14 (10.1016/j.heares.2015.05.001).
- M. J. Butcher, R. C. Welliver, Jr., D. Sadowski, A. Botchway, T. S. Kohler, How is delayed ejaculation defined and treated in North America? Andrology 3, 626-631 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1111/andr.12041).
- A. T. Cacace, T. Brozoski, B. Berkowitz, C. Bauer, B. Odintsov, M. Bergkvist, J. Castracane, J. Zhang, A. G. Holt, Manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI): a powerful new imaging method to study tinnitus. Hearing research 311, 49-62 (2014); published online EpubMay (10.1016/j.heares.2014.02.003).
- R. Cai, D. M. Caspary, GABAergic inhibition shapes SAM responses in rat auditory thalamus. Neuroscience 299, 146-155 (2015); published online EpubMay 2 (10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.04.062).
- Z. Cao, B. Zhou, X. Chen, D. Huang, X. Zhang, Z. Wang, H. Huang, Y. Wang, D. Cao, Statil suppresses cancer cell growth and proliferation by the inhibition of tumor marker AKR1B10. Anticancer Drugs 25, 930-937 (2014); published online EpubSep (10.1097/cad.0000000000000121).
- M. L. Capitano, B. R. Chitteti, S. Cooper, E. F. Srour, A. Bartke, H. E. Broxmeyer, Ames hypopituitary dwarf mice demonstrate imbalanced myelopoiesis between bone marrow and spleen. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 55, 15-20 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1016/j.bcmd.2015.03.004).
- S. Dandapat, P. Bhargava, T. A. Ala, Familial transient global amnesia. Mayo Clin Proc 90, 696-697 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1016/j.mayocp.2015.03.006).
- A. Do, V. Menon, X. Zhi, A. Gesing, D. S. Wiesenborn, A. Spong, L. Sun, A. Bartke, M. M. Masternak, Thyroxine modifies the effects of growth hormone in Ames dwarf mice. Aging 7, 241-255 (2015); published online EpubApr (
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, F. Ali, K. Yang, C. Lee, Popliteal vein repair may not impact amputation rates in combined popliteal artery and vein injury. Vascular, (2015); published online EpubMay 25 (10.1177/1708538115589251).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, A. Nodel, J. A. Heller, The Impact of Body Mass Index on Lower Extremity Duplex Ultrasonography for DVT Diagnosis. Annals of vascular surgery, (2015); published online EpubMay 21 (10.1016/j.avsg.2015.03.038).
- Y. F. El Bitar, K. D. Illingworth, S. L. Scaife, J. V. Horberg, K. J. Saleh, Hospital Length of Stay following Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: Data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample Database. The Journal of arthroplasty, (2015); published online EpubMay 8 (10.1016/j.arth.2015.05.003).
- L. Feng, V. V. Uteshev, Projection target-specific action of nicotine in the caudal nucleus of the solitary tract. Journal of neuroscience research 92, 1560-1572 (2014); published online EpubNov (10.1002/jnr.23436).
- L. R. Frederick, O. O. Cakir, H. Arora, B. T. Helfand, K. T. McVary, Undertreatment of erectile dysfunction: claims analysis of 6.2 million patients. The journal of sexual medicine 11, 2546-2553 (2014); published online EpubOct (10.1111/jsm.12647).
- A. K. Gardner, D. J. Scott, J. C. Hebert, J. D. Mellinger, A. Frey-Vogel, R. P. Ten Eyck, B. R. Davis, L. F. Sillin, 3rd, A. K. Sachdeva, Gearing up for milestones in surgery: Will simulation play a role? Surgery, (2015); published online EpubMay 23 (10.1016/j.surg.2015.03.039).
- D. Ghosh, G. J. Brewer, External cys/cySS redox state modification controls the intracellular redox state and neurodegeneration via Akt in aging and Alzheimer's disease mouse model neurons. Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD 42, 313-324 (2014)10.3233/jad-132756).
- A. Gupta, T. A. Liberati, S. J. Verhulst, B. J. Main, M. H. Roberts, A. G. Potty, T. K. Pylawka, S. F. El-Amin Iii, Biocompatibility of single-walled carbon nanotube composites for bone regeneration. Bone & joint research 4, 70-77 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1302/2046-3758.45.2000382).
- C. Ha, J. Regan, I. B. Cetindag, A. Ali, J. D. Mellinger, Benign Esophageal Tumors. The Surgical clinics of North America 95, 491-514 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1016/j.suc.2015.02.005).
- C. M. Hill, O. Arum, R. K. Boparai, F. Wang, Y. Fang, L. Y. Sun, M. M. Masternak, A. Bartke, Female PAPP-A knockout mice are resistant to metabolic dysfunction induced by high-fat/high-sucrose feeding at middle age. Age (Dordrecht, Netherlands) 37, 9765 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1007/s11357-015-9765-1).
- M. C. Jones, T. Lasak-Myall, T. M. Abdelhak, P. N. Varelas, Indomethacin for treatment of refractory intracranial hypertension secondary to acute liver failure. American journal of health-system pharmacy : AJHP : official journal of the 72, 1020-1025 (2015); published online EpubJun 15 (10.2146/ajhp140539).
- E. G. Karroum, I. Arnulf, Characterization of the painful restless legs syndrome. Sleep medicine, (2015); published online EpubApr 28 (10.1016/j.sleep.2015.04.008).
- C. G. Le Prell, D. F. Dolan, L. F. Hughes, R. A. Altschuler, S. E. Shore, S. C. Bledsoe, Jr., Disruption of lateral olivocochlear neurons with a dopaminergic neurotoxin depresses spontaneous auditory nerve activity. Neurosci Lett 582, 54-58 (2014); published online EpubOct 17 (10.1016/j.neulet.2014.08.040).
- J. L. O'Loughlin, D. R. Samuelson, A. G. Braundmeier-Fleming, B. A. White, G. J. Haldorson, J. B. Stone, J. J. Lessmann, T. P. Eucker, M. E. Konkel, The intestinal microbiota influences Campylobacter jejuni colonization and extra-intestinal dissemination in mice. Applied and environmental microbiology, (2015); published online EpubMay 1 (10.1128/aem.00281-15).
- S. Ran, The Role of TLR4 in Chemotherapy-Driven Metastasis. Cancer research, (2015); published online EpubMay 21 (10.1158/0008-5472.can-14-3525).
- P. J. Shah, S. Bergman, S. Vegi, V. Sundareshan, Fusarium peritonitis successfully managed with posaconazole and catheter removal. Peritoneal dialysis international : journal of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis 34, 566-568 (2014); published online EpubJul-Aug (10.3747/pdi.2013.00142).
- Z. Tang, C. Xia, R. Huang, X. Li, W. C. Wang, W. Guo, L. Duan, W. Luo, D. Cao, D. X. Luo, Aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B8 is secreted via non-classical pathway. International journal of clinical and experimental pathology 7, 3791-3799 (2014).
- D. W. Timme, S. Jonnalagadda, R. Patel, K. Rao, K. T. Robbins, Treatment Selection for T3/T4a Laryngeal Cancer: Chemoradiation Versus Primary Surgery. The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology, (2015); published online EpubMay 19 (10.1177/0003489415588130).
- R. G. Williams, G. L. Dunnington, J. D. Mellinger, D. L. Klamen, Placing constraints on the use of the ACGME milestones: a commentary on the limitations of global performance ratings. Acad Med 90, 404-407 (2015); published online EpubApr (10.1097/acm.0000000000000507).
- M. L. Wilson, Reply to "Surgical margins for melanoma in situ: when 5-mm margins are really 9 mm". Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 72, 745 (2015); published online EpubApr (10.1016/j.jaad.2014.12.015).
- X. Wortsman, L. Ma, W. K. Chung, J. Wortsman, Evaluation of the CAV1 gene in clinically, sonographically and histologically proven morphea patients. Experimental dermatology, (2015); published online EpubMay 2 (10.1111/exd.12743).