Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Brownbag Session - Citizen Action to Change Health Care
Bring a lunch and join us for a brownbag discussion:
When: Thursday, October 13, Noon to 1 pm
Where: Dirksen Conference Room,
Dr. Kari Wolf, Mental Health
Dr. Christine Todd, Women's Health -
Jeffrey Edman, HIV/AIDS
Dr. Sameer Vohra, Health Disparities
What's New in PubMed from SIUSM Authors
- A. A. Anoushiravani, J. Patton, Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Big Data, Big Research: Implementing Population Health-Based Research Models and Integrating Care to Reduce Cost and Improve Outcomes. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 717-724 (2016).
- A. A. Anoushiravani, Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, P. K. Wong, K. J. Saleh, High Reliability of Care in Orthopedic Surgery: Are We There Yet? Orthop Clin North Am 47, 689-695 (2016).
- E. K. Avila et al., Seizure control as a new metric in assessing efficacy of tumor treatment in low-grade glioma trials. Neuro Oncol, (2016).
- M. H. Aziz et al., Suppressing NRIP1 inhibits growth of breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 6, 39714-39724 (2015).
- W. Baas, T. S. Kohler, Testosterone Replacement Therapy and BPH/LUTS. What is the Evidence? Curr Urol Rep 17, 46 (2016).
- G. Barinaga, M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, R. B. Siegrist, K. J. Saleh, Affordable Care Organizations and Bundled Pricing: A New Philosophy of Care. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 707-716 (2016).
- P. A. Blankenship et al., The medial frontal cortex contributes to but does not organize rat exploratory behavior. Neuroscience 336, 1-11 (2016).
- M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, A. A. Anoushiravani, Z. Sayeed, K. J. Saleh, Reducing 30-day Readmission After Joint Replacement. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 673-680 (2016).
- M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Health Care Reform: Impact on Total Joint Replacement. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 645-652 (2016).
- S. Choe et al., Peptide amphiphile nanofiber hydrogel delivery of sonic hedgehog protein to the cavernous nerve to promote regeneration and prevent erectile dysfunction. Nanomedicine, (2016).
- K. J. DeLay, M. Nutt, K. T. McVary, Ejaculatory dysfunction in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms. Transl Androl Urol 5, 450-459 (2016).
- J. Fan, B. John, E. Tesdal, Evaluation of heparin dosing based on adjusted body weight in obese patients. Am J Health Syst Pharm 73, 1512-1522 (2016).
- J. M. Flack, A Novel Approach for Estimating Cost-Effectiveness of Pharmacological Treatment in Drug Naive Adults with Hypertension. Am J Hypertens 29, 1138-1139 (2016).
- A. Gesing et al., A Long-lived Mouse Lacking Both Growth Hormone and Growth Hormone Receptor: A New Animal Model for Aging Studies. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, (2016).
- C. M. Griffith et al., Aberrant expression of the pore-forming KATP channel subunit Kir6.2 in hippocampal reactive astrocytes in the 3xTg-AD mouse model and human Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience 336, 81-101 (2016).
- D. Hatz, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Approach to Decrease Infection Following Total Joint Arthroplasty. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 661-671 (2016).
- P. Jiang, A. Ray, L. P. Rybak, M. J. Brenner, Role of STAT1 and Oxidative Stress in Gentamicin-Induced Hair Cell Death in Organ of Corti. Otol Neurotol 37, 1449-1456 (2016).
- A. Khanal, A. Sharma, S. Basnet, Current State of Pediatric Intensive Care and High Dependency Care in Nepal. Pediatr Crit Care Med, (2016).
- T. S. Kohler, Editorial Comment. J Urol, (2016).
- S. P. Kommajosyula, M. E. Randall, C. L. Faingold, Inhibition of adenosine metabolism induces changes in post-ictal depression, respiration, and mortality in genetically epilepsy prone rats. Epilepsy Res 119, 13-19 (2016).
- B. Le, K. McVary, K. McKenna, A. Colombo, A Novel Thermal-Activated Shape Memory Penile Prosthesis: Comparative Mechanical Testing. Urology, (2016).
- K. Z. Leadbetter et al., The role of post-mortem MRI in the neonatal intensive care unit. J Perinatol, (2016).
- K. R. LeVault, S. A. Tischkau, G. J. Brewer, Circadian Disruption Reveals a Correlation of an Oxidative GSH/GSSG Redox Shift with Learning and Impaired Memory in an Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Model. J Alzheimers Dis 49, 301-316 (2015).
- L. A. Levine et al., Penile Prosthesis Surgery: Current Recommendations From the International Consultation on Sexual Medicine. J Sex Med 13, 489-518 (2016).
- D. M. Lough et al., Regulation of ADSC Osteoinductive Potential Using Notch Pathway Inhibition and Gene Rescue: A Potential On/Off Switch for Clinical Applications in Bone Formation and Reconstructive Efforts. Plast Reconstr Surg 138, 642e-652e (2016).
- C. McNeely, S. Markwell, C. M. Vassileva, Readmission after inpatient percutaneous coronary intervention in the Medicare population from 2000 to 2012. Am Heart J 179, 195-203 (2016).
- R. G. Mishra, T. L. Tseng, M. F. Chen, P. Y. Chen, T. J. Lee, Bacterial toxins activation of abbreviated urea cycle in porcine cerebral vascular smooth muscle cells. Vascul Pharmacol, (2016).
- H. Peng et al., Computational systems biology in cancer brain metastasis. Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 8, 169-186 (2016).
- R. Robinson, Delivering a medical school elective with massive open online course (MOOC) technology. PeerJ 4, e2343 (2016).
- R. Robinson, The HOSPITAL score as a predictor of 30 day readmission in a retrospective study at a university affiliated community hospital. PeerJ 4, e2441 (2016).
- Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. C. Chambers, K. J. Saleh, Planning, Building, and Maintaining a Successful Musculoskeletal Service Line. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 681-688 (2016).
- E. L. Schiffrin, D. A. Calhoun, J. M. Flack, in Am J Hypertens. (United States, 2016), vol. 29, pp. 2-4.
- A. Schneider et al., Ovarian transcriptome associated with reproductive senescence in the long-living Ames dwarf mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol, (2016).
- S. H. Shaha, Z. Sayeed, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Big Data, Big Problems: Incorporating Mission, Values, and Culture in Provider Affiliations. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 725-732 (2016).
- S. Sun et al., Identification of the C-terminal domain of Daxx acts as a potential regulator of intracellular cholesterol synthesis in HepG2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, (2016).
- M. Walters et al., Reducing Length of Stay in Total Joint Arthroplasty Care. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 653-660 (2016).
- M. R. Williams et al., Evaluating Patient-Centered Outcomes in Clinical Trials of Procedural Sedation, Part 1 Efficacy: Sedation Consortium on Endpoints and Procedures for Treatment, Education, and Research Recommendations. Anesth Analg, (2016).
- R. G. Williams, S. Verhulst, J. D. Mellinger, G. L. Dunnington, Is a Single-Item Operative Performance Rating Sufficient? J Surg Educ 72, e212-217 (2015).
- H. A. Zeineddine, M. M. El-Othmani, Z. Sayeed, M. C. Chambers, K. J. Saleh, Patient Centeredness in Total Joint Replacement: Beyond the Slogan. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 697-706 (2016).
- K. Zhang, V. N. Yamaki, Z. Wei, Y. Zheng, X. Cai, Differential regulation of GluA1 expression by ketamine and memantine. Behav Brain Res 316, 152-159 (2017).
Recent Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- R. Butkus et al., Financing US Graduate Medical Education: A Policy Position Paper of the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine and the American College of Physicians. Annals of Internal Medicine 165, 134-+ (2016).
- M. F. Chen et al., Inhibition by ketamine and amphetamine analogs of the neurogenic nitrergic vasodilations in porcine basilar arteries. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 305, 75-82 (2016).
- A. Sharma et al., Survival and Gastrostomy Prevalence in Patients With Oropharyngeal Cancer Treated With Transoral Robotic Surgery vs Chemoradiotherapy. Jama Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 142, 691-697 (2016).
- G. M. Sowa et al., ABVIC: an improved serological test to resolve indeterminate diagnoses for herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2). Journal of Immunology 196, (2016).
- Y. Wang et al., Metabolomic profiling reveals distinct patterns of tricarboxylic acid disorders in blood stasis syndrome associated with coronary heart disease. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine 22, 597-604 (2016).