Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
25 New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee, D. Dynda, B. Holland, Prevalence and Prognostic Value of Lymph Node Dissection in Treating Adrenocortical Carcinoma: A National Experience. Anticancer Res 35, 5575-5579 (2015).
- A. Bartke, L. Sun, Y. Fang, C. Hill, Growth hormone actions during development influence adult phenotype and longevity. Exp Gerontol, (2016).
- M. L. Boehler, C. J. Schwind, S. J. Markwell, R. M. Minter, Mock Pages Are a Valid Construct for Assessment of Clinical Decision Making and Interprofessional Communication. Ann Surg, (2016).
- Z. Cao et al., Uridine homeostatic disorder leads to DNA damage and tumorigenesis. Cancer Lett, (2016).
- S. Choe et al., Sonic hedgehog delivery from self-assembled nanofiber hydrogels reduces the fibrotic response in models of erectile dysfunction. Acta Biomater, (2016).
- J. Clemons, K. Robinson, S. Alanee, First Report of ARID1A Somatic Mutation in a Female Patient With Renal Cell Carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer, (2015).
- B. H. Cotta, M. Butcher, C. Welliver, K. McVary, T. Kohler, Two Fungal Infections of Inflatable Penile Prostheses in Diabetics. Sex Med 3, 339-342 (2015).
- V. R. Dharnidharka, M. E. Seifert, Kidney transplant results in children: progress made, but blacks lag behind. Kidney Int 87, 492-494 (2015).
- A. K. Gardner et al., Gearing up for milestones in surgery: Will simulation play a role? Surgery 158, 1421-1427 (2015).
- J. J. Geltz, E. Gershburg, W. P. Halford, Herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) infected cell proteins are among the most dominant antigens of a live-attenuated HSV-2 vaccine. PLoS One 10, e0116091 (2015).
- B. L. Hanerhoff, C. Welliver, Does early orchidopexy improve fertility? Transl Androl Urol 3, 370-376 (2014).
- C. M. Hill et al., Female PAPP-A knockout mice are resistant to metabolic dysfunction induced by high-fat/high-sucrose feeding at middle age. Age (Dordr) 37, 9765 (2015).
- A. Y. Huang, S. Y. Wu, Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Reduces Taste-Evoked ATP Secretion from Mouse Taste Buds. J Neurosci 35, 12714-12724 (2015).
- L. Y. Kadyrova, B. K. Dahal, F. A. Kadyrov, Evidence that the DNA mismatch repair system removes 1-nucleotide Okazaki fragment flaps. J Biol Chem 290, 24051-24065 (2015).
- T. Kaneko et al., Contemporary Outcomes of Repeat Aortic Valve Replacement: A Benchmark for Transcatheter Valve-in-Valve Procedures. Ann Thorac Surg 100, 1298-1304; discussion 1304 (2015).
- D. L. Klamen, R. G. Williams, N. Roberts, A. T. Cianciolo, Competencies, milestones, and EPAs - Are those who ignore the past condemned to repeat it? Med Teach, 1-7 (2016).
- T. S. Kohler, Testosterone is Protective Against Cardiac Disease: Con. J Urol, (2016).
- D. M. Lough et al., Transplantation of an LGR6+ Epithelial Stem Cell-Enriched Scaffold for Repair of Full-Thickness Soft-Tissue Defects: The In Vitro Development of Polarized Hair-Bearing Skin. Plast Reconstr Surg 137, 495-507 (2016).
- M. E. Matzkin et al., Alterations in oxidative, inflammatory and apoptotic events in short-lived and long-lived mice testes. Aging (Albany NY), (2016).
- M. J. McGettigan, C. O. Menias, Z. J. Gao, V. M. Mellnick, A. K. Hara, Imaging of Drug-induced Complications in the Gastrointestinal System. Radiographics 36, 71-87 (2016).
- G. B. Richerson, D. Boison, C. L. Faingold, P. Ryvlin, From unwitnessed fatality to witnessed rescue: Pharmacologic intervention in sudden unexpected death in epilepsy. Epilepsia 57 Suppl 1, 35-45 (2016).
- L. Q. Rogers et al., Refining Measurement of Social Cognitive Theory Factors Associated with Exercise Adherence in Head and Neck Cancer Patients. J Psychosoc Oncol 33, 467-487 (2015).
- A. A. Sharp, Sensory regulation of spontaneous limb movements in the midstage embryonic chick. Dev Psychobiol 57, 385-396 (2015).
- K. L. Stratton et al., Outcome of genetic evaluation of patients with kidney cancer referred for suspected hereditary cancer syndromes. Urol Oncol, (2015).
- Z. Wang et al., Oxidative Stress and Carbonyl Lesions in Ulcerative Colitis and Associated Colorectal Cancer. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016, 9875298 (2016).
12 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- S. Ariotti et al., Subtle CXCR3-Dependent Chemotaxis of CTLs within Infected Tissue Allows Efficient Target Localization. Journal of Immunology 195, 5285-5295 (2015).
- S. N. Austad, A. Bartke, Sex Differences in Longevity and in Responses to Anti-Aging Interventions: A Mini-Review. Gerontology 62, 40-46 (2016).
- M. H. Aziz et al., Suppressing NRIP1 inhibits growth of breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget 6, 39714-39724 (2015).
- K. B. Egan et al., Do baseline estrogen and testosterone affect lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) prior to or after pharmacologic treatment with tadalafil? Andrology 3, 1165-1172 (2015).
- K. B. Egan et al., Rural vs. urban disparities in association with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia in ageing men, NHANES 2001-2008. International Journal of Clinical Practice 69, 1316-1325 (2015).
- J. A. Gutierrez-Vargas, A. Munera, G. P. Cardona-Gomez, CDK5 knockdown prevents hippocampal degeneration and cognitive dysfunction produced by cerebral ischemia. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism 35, 1937-1949 (2015).
- V. W. Henderson et al., Raloxifene for women with Alzheimer disease A randomized controlled pilot trial. Neurology 85, 1937-1944 (2015).
- R. Lange, S. J. Verhulst, N. K. Roberts, J. K. Dorsey, Rasch analysis of professional behavior in medical education. Advances in Health Sciences Education 20, 1179-1194 (2015).
- K. R. LeVault, S. A. Tischkau, G. J. Brewer, Circadian Disruption Reveals a Correlation of an Oxidative GSH/GSSG Redox Shift with Learning and Impaired Memory in an Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Model. Journal of Alzheimers Disease 49, 301-316 (2015).
- B. Spielman, What is the impact of ethics on clinical trials? Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology 9, 1-3 (2016).
- P. F. Sun, J. Qin, K. Campbell, Fatigue Modeling via Mammalian Auditory System for Prediction of Noise Induced Hearing Loss. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, (2015).
- R. M. Suri et al., Outcomes of Patients With Severe Chronic Lung Disease Who Are Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 100, 2136-2146 (2015).
- C. M. Vassileva et al., Evaluation of The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Online Risk Calculator for Assessment of Risk in Patients Presenting for Aortic Valve Replacement After Prior Coronary Artery Bypass Graft: An Analysis Using the STS Adult Cardiac Surgery Database. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 100, 2109-2116 (2015).
- C. Welliver, M. Kottwitz, P. Feustel, K. McVary, Clinically and Statistically Significant Changes Seen in Sham Surgery Arms of Randomized, Controlled Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Surgery Trials. Journal of Urology 194, 1682-1687 (2015).
- C. Welliver et al., Analyzing Why Men Seek Treatment for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Factors Associated With Nonimprovement. Urology 86, 862-867 (2015).
Science of Zombies Exhibit
The Science of Zombies:Digging up Truth about the Undead discusses contemporary examples and explanations of
“zombification” and what the future may
hold! This traveling exhibit, developed by the Medical Library at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine, focuses on real-life examples of zombification in nature. From the neurotoxin-laced potions of Haitian Voodoo sorcerers, to the parasitic zombie-makers of the insect world, some of the surprising truths about the "undead" are explained.