Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
19 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- L. F. DiLalla, K. Bersted, S. G. John, Peer Victimization and DRD4 Genotype Influence Problem Behaviors in Young Children. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 44, 1478-1493 (2015).
- M. J. Forjaz et al., Proposing a Parkinson's disease-specific tremor scale from the MDS-UPDRS. Movement Disorders 30, 1139-1143 (2015).
- M. Gacci et al., Central obesity is predictive of persistent storage lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) after surgery for benign prostatic enlargement: results of a multicentre prospective study. Bju International 116, 271-277 (2015).
- S. Gershburg, J. Geltz, K. E. Peterson, W. P. Halford, E. Gershburg, The UL13 and US3 Protein Kinases of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Cooperate to Promote the Assembly and Release of Mature, Infectious Virions. Plos One 10, (2015).
- D. Groepper, P. M. Veach, B. S. Leroy, M. Bower, Ethical and Professional Challenges Encountered by Laboratory Genetic Counselors. Journal of Genetic Counseling 24, 580-596 (2015).
- C. M. Hill et al., Female PAPP-A knockout mice are resistant to metabolic dysfunction induced by high-fat/high-sucrose feeding at middle age. Age 37, (2015).
- R. Karki, Management of disease outbreak in Nepal. Lancet 386, 335-336 (2015).
- C. S. Li, D. P. Lu, Y. K. Cho, Descending projections from the nucleus accumbens shell excite activity of taste-responsive neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract in the hamster. Journal of Neurophysiology 113, 3778-3786 (2015).
- V. D. Longo et al., Interventions to Slow Aging in Humans: Are We Ready? Aging Cell 14, 497-510 (2015).
- S. B. Maron et al., ARQ 197 in patients with previously-treated malignant mesothelioma (MM): A phase II trial from the University of Chicago Phase II Consortium. Journal of Clinical Oncology 33, (2015).
- P. Y. Mullineaux, L. F. DiLalla, Genetic Influences on Peer and Family Relationships Across Adolescent Development: Introduction to the Special Issue. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 44, 1347-1359 (2015).
- K. A. Murphy et al., Exploiting natural anti-tumor immunity for metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 11, 1612-1620 (2015).
- S. Ran, The Role of TLR4 in Chemotherapy-Driven Metastasis. Cancer Research 75, 2405-2410 (2015).
- E. A. Sametsky, J. G. Turner, D. Larsen, L. N. Ling, D. M. Caspary, Enhanced GABA(A)-Mediated Tonic Inhibition in Auditory Thalamus of Rats with Behavioral Evidence of Tinnitus. Journal of Neuroscience 35, 9369-9380 (2015).
- H. Sanfey et al., Surgeons in Difficulty: An Exploration of Differences in Assistance-Seeking Behaviors between Male and Female Surgeons. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 221, 621-627 (2015).
- E. E. Vokes et al., A randomized phase II trial of the MET inhibitor tivantinib plus cetuximab versus cetuximab alone in patients with recurrent/metastatic head and neck cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology 33, (2015).
- J. H. Wang, D. T. Nie, Short chain fatty acids suppress mTOR activation in colon cancer cells via the long noncoding RNA rhabdomyosarcoma 2 associated transcript. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 14, (2015).
- X. Wortsman, J. Wortsman, Ultrasound Detection of Retained Hair Tracts in Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Dermatologic Surgery 41, 867-869 (2015).
- R. Yuan et al., Genetic Regulation of Female Sexual Maturation and Longevity Through Circulating IGF1. Journals of Gerontology Series a-Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 70, 817-826 (2015).
38 New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee, D. I. Dynda, P. Hemmer, B. Schwartz, Low enhancing papillary renal cell carcinoma diagnosed by using dual energy computerized tomography: a case report and review of literature. BMC Urol 14, 102 (2014).
- M. W. Albers et al., At the interface of sensory and motor dysfunctions and Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement 11, 70-98 (2015).
- O. Arum et al., Specific suppression of insulin sensitivity in growth hormone receptor gene-disrupted (GHR-KO) mice attenuates phenotypic features of slow aging. Aging Cell 13, 981-1000 (2014).
- O. Arum et al., Preservation of blood glucose homeostasis in slow-senescing somatotrophism-deficient mice subjected to intermittent fasting begun at middle or old age. Age (Dordr) 36, 9651 (2014).
- P. Bhargava, F. Siddiqui, B. Aggarwal, B. E. Moore, R. J. Elble, A Unique Case of Intravascular Lymphoma Mimicking Encephalomyeloradiculoneuropathy. Neurologist 20, 18-21 (2015).
- E. J. Buckley, S. Markwell, D. Farr, H. Sanfey, J. Mellinger, Improving resident performance on standardized assessments of medical knowledge: a retrospective analysis of interventions correlated to American Board of Surgery In-Service Training Examination performance. Am J Surg, (2015).
- E. Canopy et al., Interdisciplinary cognitive task analysis: a strategy to develop a comprehensive endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography protocol for use in fellowship training. Am J Surg, (2015).
- C. R. Chapple et al., Effect of tadalafil on male lower urinary tract symptoms: an integrated analysis of storage and voiding international prostate symptom subscores from four randomised controlled trials. Eur Urol 67, 114-122 (2015).
- A. T. Cianciolo, Deciding 'what to teach' health professionals: a human-centred systems engineering perspective. Med Educ 48, 1150-1156 (2014).
- S. Dandapat, P. Bhargava, T. A. Ala, Familial transient global amnesia. Mayo Clin Proc 90, 696-697 (2015).
- S. S. Desai, Reply: To PMID 24877855. J Vasc Surg 61, 1380 (2015).
- A. Dua, S. Wei, J. Safarik, C. Furlough, S. S. Desai, National mandatory motorcycle helmet laws may save $2.2 billion annually: An inpatient and value of statistical life analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 78, 1182-1186 (2015).
- K. B. Egan et al., Reply. Urology, (2015).
- K. B. Egan et al., The Co-occurring Syndrome-Coexisting Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Their Clinical Correlates in Aging Men: Results From the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Urology, (2015).
- K. B. Egan et al., Rural vs. urban disparities in association with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia in ageing men, NHANES 2001-2008. Int J Clin Pract, (2015).
- C. L. Faingold, H. Blumenfeld, Targeting Neuronal Networks with Combined Drug and Stimulation Paradigms Guided by Neuroimaging to Treat Brain Disorders. Neuroscientist, (2015).
- M. J. Flister et al., CXM: a new tool for mapping breast cancer risk in the tumor microenvironment. Cancer Res 74, 6419-6429 (2014).
- D. J. Fox et al., d-Methionine reduces tobramycin-induced ototoxicity without antimicrobial interference in animal models. J Cyst Fibros, (2015).
- A. Gupta et al., Bone graft substitutes for spine fusion: A brief review. World J Orthop 6, 449-456 (2015).
- W. D. Jenkins, K. LeVault, S. Sutcliffe, Chlamydia trachomatis infection: possible cofactor for oropharyngeal cancer development? Oral Oncol 51, e8-9 (2015).
- B. I. Kalappa, T. J. Brozoski, J. G. Turner, D. M. Caspary, Single unit hyperactivity and bursting in the auditory thalamus of awake rats directly correlates with behavioural evidence of tinnitus. J Physiol 592, 5065-5078 (2014).
- T. Kaneko et al., Contemporary Outcomes of Repeat Aortic Valve Replacement: A Benchmark for Transcatheter Valve-in-Valve Procedures. Ann Thorac Surg, (2015).
- J. D. Mellinger, The core of competence: it's a matter of the heart. J Surg Educ 71, e3-10 (2014).
- A. P. Michael et al., Evaluation of Cortical Thickness Following Traumatic Brain Injury in Military Veterans. J Neurotrauma, (2015).
- R. L. Phillips, Jr. et al., Health is primary: Family medicine for America's health. Ann Fam Med 12 Suppl 1, S1-s12 (2014).
- D. Pope, S. L. Scaife, T. H. Tzeng, S. Vasdev, K. J. Saleh, Impact of diabetes on early postoperative outcomes after total elbow arthroplasty. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 24, 348-352 (2015).
- L. S. Premkumar, Transient receptor potential channels as targets for phytochemicals. ACS Chem Neurosci 5, 1117-1130 (2014).
- R. W. Schmucker, S. D. Mendenhall, J. D. Reichensperger, M. Yang, M. W. Neumeister, Defining the Salvage Time Window for the Use of Ischemic Postconditioning in Skeletal Muscle Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. J Reconstr Microsurg, (2015).
- A. A. Sharp, B. W. Cain, J. Pakiraih, J. L. Williams, A system for the determination of planar force vectors from spontaneously active chicken embryos. J Neurophysiol 112, 2349-2356 (2014).
- G. R. Stodden et al., Loss of Cdh1 and Trp53 in the uterus induces chronic inflammation with modification of tumor microenvironment. Oncogene 34, 2471-2482 (2015).
- R. A. Trammell, L. A. Toth, Effects of Sleep Fragmentation and Chronic Latent Viral Infection on Behavior and Inflammation in Mice. Comp Med 65, 173-185 (2015).
- F. Urbinati et al., Potentially therapeutic levels of anti-sickling globin gene expression following lentivirus-mediated gene transfer in sickle cell disease bone marrow CD34+ cells. Exp Hematol 43, 346-351 (2015).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Telila, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Magnitude of negative impact of preoperative heart failure on mortality during aortic valve replacement in the medicare population. Ann Thorac Surg 99, 1503-1509; discussion 1509-1510 (2015).
- C. Welliver, M. Kottwitz, P. Feustel, K. McVary, Clinically and statistically significant changes seen in sham surgery arms of randomized controlled benign prostatic hyperplasia surgery trials. J Urol, (2015).
- D. S. Wiesenborn et al., The effect of calorie restriction on insulin signaling in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue of Ames dwarf mice. Aging (Albany NY) 6, 900-912 (2014).
- C. J. Wilson et al., Caring for the surgically anxious patient: a review of the interventions and a guide to optimizing surgical outcomes. Am J Surg, (2015).
- W. E. Zahnd, G. S. Mueller, A. J. Fogleman, W. D. Jenkins, Intrastate Variations in Rural Cancer Risk and Incidence: An Illinois Case Study. J Public Health Manag Pract, (2015).
- I. Zawada et al., Gene expression of key regulators of mitochondrial biogenesis is sex dependent in mice with growth hormone receptor deletion in liver. Aging (Albany NY) 7, 195-204 (2015).
Illinois Prairie Pastel Society Exhibit on Display
An exhibit of paintings by the Illinois Prairie Pastel Society is on display at the SIU Medical Library. Make time to see these beautiful works of art. A meet-the-artist reception will be held in the Library on Friday, July 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
The exhibit will continue through August 28, 2015.
Introducing Sound & Query podcasts
Sound & Query is a new podcast series produced by the SIU Medical Library. We will report on Medical Library events and resources and on topics of interest, including research and actitivies at SIU School of Medicine. Our inaugural podcast includes information about the new National Library of Medicine traveling exhibit, Pick Your Poison, and an interview with Wiley Jenkins, PhD, on his research and poster on e-cigarettes..
Play or download the latest podcast from the Library's home page on the right sidebar or use the link to the podcast home page where all podcasts will be listed as they are added.