Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
35 New Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- R. M. Abrams, Sleep Deprivation. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 42, 493-506 (2015).
- S. Alanee, J. Clemons, W. Zahnd, D. Sadowski, D. Dynda, Trichloroethylene Is Associated with Kidney Cancer Mortality: A Population-based Analysis. Anticancer Res 35, 4009-4013 (2015).
- S. Alanee, D. Dynda, B. Holland, Prevalence and Prognostic Value of Lymph Node Dissection in Treating Adrenocortical Carcinoma: A National Experience. Anticancer Res 35, 5575-5579 (2015).
- S. Alanee et al., Contemporary Incidence and Mortality Rates of Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res 35, 4145-4150 (2015).
- M. Amini et al., Evaluation and management of metal hypersensitivity in total joint arthroplasty: a systematic review. J Long Term Eff Med Implants 24, 25-36 (2014).
- K. K. Bedi et al., Survey of the knowledge, perception, and attitude of medical students at the University of Leeds toward organ donation and transplantation. Transplant Proc 47, 247-260 (2015).
- M. L. Boehler, N. Roberts, H. Sanfey, J. Mellinger, Do Surgeons and Gastroenterologists Describe Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Differently? A Qualitative Study. J Surg Educ, (2015).
- Y. Bu et al., A phosphomimetic mutant of RelA/p65 at Ser536 induces apoptosis and senescence: An implication for tumor-suppressive role of Ser536 phosphorylation. Int J Cancer, (2015).
- L. F. DiLalla, K. Bersted, S. G. John, Evidence of reactive gene-environment correlation in preschoolers' prosocial play with unfamiliar peers. Dev Psychol 51, 1464-1475 (2015).
- A. Dua, S. Wei, J. Safarik, C. Furlough, S. S. Desai, National mandatory motorcycle helmet laws may save $2.2 billion annually: An inpatient and value of statistical life analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 78, 1182-1186 (2015).
- C. L. Faingold, S. P. Kommajosyula, X. Long, K. Plath, M. Randall, Serotonin and sudden death: differential effects of serotonergic drugs on seizure-induced respiratory arrest in DBA/1 mice. Epilepsy Behav 37, 198-203 (2014).
- J. M. Flack et al., An analysis of the blood pressure and safety outcomes to renal denervation in African Americans and Non-African Americans in the SYMPLICITY HTN-3 trial. J Am Soc Hypertens, (2015).
- A. J. Fogleman, G. S. Mueller, W. D. Jenkins, Does where you live play an important role in cancer incidence in the U.S.? Am J Cancer Res 5, 2314-2319 (2015).
- W. J. Geldenhuys, T. L. Guseman, I. S. Pienaar, D. E. Dluzen, J. W. Young, A novel biomechanical analysis of gait changes in the MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease. PeerJ 3, e1175 (2015).
- S. M. Holland, D. G. Dodwell, D. A. Krimmel, C. M. de Fiebre, Retrospective analyses of optical coherence tomography in recurrent macular edema following intravitreal therapy in patients with retinal vein occlusion. BMC Ophthalmol 15, 117 (2015).
- A. Y. Huang, S. Y. Wu, Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Reduces Taste-Evoked ATP Secretion from Mouse Taste Buds. J Neurosci 35, 12714-12724 (2015).
- W. D. Jenkins, K. R. LeVault, Sexual history taking in the emergency department - more specificity required. J Emerg Med 48, 143-151 (2015).
- R. T. Jones, I. Tyagi, P. R. Patrylo, Preferential reduction of synaptic efficacy in the dentate gyrus of hippocampal slices from aged rats during reduced glucose availability. Neuroscience 307, 262-272 (2015).
- M. L. King et al., WNT7A/beta-catenin signaling induces FGF1 and influences sensitivity to niclosamide in ovarian cancer. Oncogene 34, 3452-3462 (2015).
- D. Mukherjea et al., Early investigational drugs for hearing loss. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 24, 201-217 (2015).
- T. Obermeyer, P. J. Cagle, Jr., B. O. Parsons, E. L. Flatow, Midterm Follow-Up of Metal-Backed Glenoid Components in Anatomical Total Shoulder Arthroplasties. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 44, E340-342 (2015).
- M. S. Park et al., Sagittal alignment as a predictor of clinical adjacent segment pathology requiring surgery after anterior cervical arthrodesis. Spine J 14, 1228-1234 (2014).
- S. Ran, The Role of TLR4 in Chemotherapy-Driven Metastasis. Cancer Res 75, 2405-2410 (2015).
- S. Raz et al., Physical growth in the neonatal intensive-care unit and neuropsychological performance at preschool age in very preterm-born singletons. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 21, 126-136 (2015).
- R. Robinson, Low serum albumin and total lymphocyte count as predictors of 30 day hospital readmission in patients 65 years of age or older. PeerJ 3, e1181 (2015).
- M. Rodriguez et al., Discriminatory Indices of Typing Methods for Epidemiologic Analysis of Contemporary Staphylococcus aureus Strains. Medicine (Baltimore) 94, e1534 (2015).
- E. A. Sametsky, J. G. Turner, D. Larsen, L. Ling, D. M. Caspary, Enhanced GABAA-Mediated Tonic Inhibition in Auditory Thalamus of Rats with Behavioral Evidence of Tinnitus. J Neurosci 35, 9369-9380 (2015).
- M. E. Seifert, K. A. Hruska, The Kidney-Vascular-Bone Axis in the Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral Bone Disorder. Transplantation, (2015).
- A. Sharma, W. G. Albergotti, U. Duvvuri, Applications of Evolving Robotic Technology for Head and Neck Surgery. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol, (2015).
- B. Spielman, What is the impact of ethics on clinical trials? Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol, 1-3 (2015).
- B. Spielman, J. Craig, C. Gorka, K. Miller, Case Complexity and Quality Attestation for Clinical Ethics Consultants. J Clin Ethics 26, 231-240 (2015).
- R. M. Suri et al., Outcomes of Patients With Severe Chronic Lung Disease Who Are Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Ann Thorac Surg, (2015).
- A. B. Wilson et al., Clinical Assessment and Management Examination--Outpatient (CAMEO): its validity and use in a surgical milestones paradigm. J Surg Educ 72, 33-40 (2015).
- X. Wortsman, J. Wortsman, Ultrasound Detection of Retained Hair Tracts in Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Dermatol Surg 41, 867-869 (2015).
- W. E. Zahnd et al., Gender-specific relationships between socioeconomic disadvantage and obesity in elementary school students. Prev Med 81, 138-141 (2015).
21 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- K. Benton, C. Swenny, S. Cox, C. Fraker, M. Fishbein, Pediatric Outpatient Feeding Clinic: If You Build It, Who Will Come? Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition 39, 855-859 (2015).
- F. Y. Chiou-Tan, J. M. Gilchrist, Repetitive nerve stimulation and single-fiber electromyography in the evaluation of patients with suspected myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome: Review of recent literature. Muscle & Nerve 52, 455-462 (2015).
- A. H. DeCostanza, G. A. DiRosa, M. Jimenez-Rodriguez, A. T. Cianciolo, in Pushing the Boundaries: Multiteam Systems in Research and Practice, M. L. Shuffler, R. Rico, E. Salas, Eds. (2014), vol. 16, pp. 61-76.
- A. J. Fogleman, G. S. Mueller, W. D. Jenkins, Does where you live play an important role in cancer incidence in the US? American Journal of Cancer Research 5, 2314-2319 (2015).
- L. Hai, S. R. McGee, A. C. Rabideau, M. Paquet, P. Narayan, Infertility in Female Mice with a Gain-of-Function Mutation in the Luteinizing Hormone Receptor Is Due to Irregular Estrous Cyclicity, Anovulation, Hormonal Alterations, and Polycystic Ovaries. Biology of Reproduction 93, (2015).
- M. D. Hoban et al., Correction of the Sickle-Cell Disease Mutation in Human Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells. Molecular Therapy 23, S48-S48 (2015).
- J. R. Kurian et al., Acute Influences of Bisphenol A Exposure on Hypothalamic Release of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone and Kisspeptin in Female Rhesus Monkeys. Endocrinology 156, 2563-2570 (2015).
- T. Lee et al., Synthesis of methyl palmitate in the rat superior cervical ganglion. Journal of Neurochemistry 134, 160-160 (2015).
- J. M. Li et al., Experimental microembolism induces localized neuritic pathology in guinea pig cerebrum. Oncotarget 6, 10772-10785 (2015).
- E. O. List et al., Removal of growth hormone receptor (GHR) in muscle of male mice replicates some of the health benefits seen in global GHR(-/-) mice. Aging-Us 7, 500-512 (2015).
- G. S. Mueller et al., Manuscript title: Geospatial analysis of Cancer risk and residential proximity to coal mines in Illinois. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 120, 155-162 (2015).
- K. J. Saleh et al., Perioperative Treatment of Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 23, e38-e48 (2015).
- F. M. Siddiqui et al., Mechanical thrombectomy in cerebral venous thrombosis: A systematic review of 185 cases. International Journal of Stroke 10, 150-150 (2015).
- B. Spielman, EDUCATION COMPENSATION, HEROES, OR "APPS"? INCREASING THE SUPPLY OF ORGANS FOR TRANSPLANT A SYMPOSIUM INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW. Journal of Legal Medicine 36, 1-6 (2015).
- G. Stahl, T. Koschmann, D. Suthers, Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. R. K. Sawyer, Ed., Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences, 2nd Edition (2014), pp. 479-500.
- E. R. Unal, Fetal Surveillance and Timing of Delivery for Multiples. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology 58, 676-689 (2015).
- B. Uprety, R. Sen, S. R. Bhaumik, Eaf1p Is Required for Recruitment of NuA4 in Targeting TFIID to the Promoters of the Ribosomal Protein Genes for Transcriptional Initiation In Vivo. Molecular and Cellular Biology 35, 2947-2964 (2015).
- P. Vergidis et al., Histoplasmosis Complicating Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha Blocker Therapy: A Retrospective Analysis of 98 Cases. Clinical Infectious Diseases 61, 409-417 (2015).
- J. P. Welborn et al., Rhox8 Ablation in the Sertoli Cells Using a Tissue-Specific RNAi Approach Results in Impaired Male Fertility in Mice. Biology of Reproduction 93, (2015).
- X. Wortsman, L. J. Ma, W. K. Chung, J. Wortsman, Evaluation of the CAV1 gene in clinically, sonographically and histologically proven morphea patients. Experimental Dermatology 24, 718-720 (2015).
- Y. Yang et al., Prenatal genesis of layer II doublecortin expressing neurons in neonatal and young adult guinea pig cerebral cortex. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy 9, (2015).
Introducing Sound & Query podcasts
Sound & Query is a new podcast series produced by the SIU Medical Library. We will report on Medical Library events and resources and on topics of interest, including research and actitivies at SIU School of Medicine. Our inaugural podcast includes information about the new National Library of Medicine traveling exhibit, Pick Your Poison, and an interview with Wiley Jenkins, PhD, on his research and poster on e-cigarettes..
Play or download the latest podcast from the Library's home page on the right sidebar or use the link to the podcast home page where all podcasts will be listed as they are added.