Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Change in Hours: Library Closed Labor Day, Fall Hours Begin September 2
FALL HOURS OF OPERATION BEGIN:
|MON, Sep 1, 2014
|TUE-THU, Sep 2-4. 2014
||8 AM - 11 PM
|FRI, Sep 5, 2014
||8 AM - 6 PM
|SAT, Sep 6, 2014
||9 AM - 5 PM
|SUN, Sep 7, 2014
||1 PM - 11 PM
Regular Hours (Sept - May)
||1 PM - 11 PM
||8 AM - 11 PM
||8 AM - 6 PM
||9 AM - 5 PM
Ebola Virus News and Research Information
Science and Science Translational Medicine have responded to the current outbreak of disease caused by the Ebola virus by making this collection of research and news articles on the Ebola virus freely available to researchers and the general public. See the Ebola virus special collection.
New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee et al., Conservative management and female gender are associated with increased cancer-specific death in patients with isolated primary urothelial carcinoma in situ. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl), (2014).
- M. W. Albers et al., At the interface of sensory and motor dysfunctions and Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement, (2014).
- M. Amit et al., The Origin of Regional Failure in Oral Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma With Pathologically Negative Neck Metastases. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, (2014).
- G. P. Aylward, Neurodevelopmental outcomes of infants born prematurely. J Dev Behav Pediatr 35, 394-407 (2014).
- G. P. Aylward, Update on neurodevelopmental outcomes of infants born prematurely. J Dev Behav Pediatr 35, 392-393 (2014).
- S. Basnet et al., Development of a PICU in Nepal: the Experience of the First Year. Pediatr Crit Care Med, (2014).
- R. A. Bueno, Jr. et al., Replantation: Current Concepts and Outcomes. Clin Plast Surg 41, 385-395 (2014).
- J. L. Burgess, E. R. Unal, P. J. Nietert, R. B. Newman, Risk of late-preterm stillbirth and neonatal morbidity for monochorionic and dichorionic twins. Am J Obstet Gynecol 210, 578.e571-579 (2014).
- C. D. Callahan et al., in J Bone Joint Surg Am. (Incorporated., 2014), vol. 96, pp. e111.
- A. T. Cianciolo, K. W. Eva, J. A. Colliver, Theory development and application in medical education. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S75-80 (2013).
- A. D. Claussen et al., D-methionine pre-loading reduces both noise-induced permanent threshold shift and outer hair cell loss in the chinchilla. Int J Audiol 52, 801-807 (2013).
- A. M. Cochran, P. J. Buchanan, R. A. Bueno, Jr., M. W. Neumeister, Subungual melanoma: a review of current treatment. Plast Reconstr Surg 134, 259-273 (2014).
- J. E. Dela Cruz et al., Typed versus voice recognition for data entry in electronic health records: emergency physician time use and interruptions. West J Emerg Med 15, 541-547 (2014).
- A. Ebrahimi et al., Primary Tumor Staging for Oral Cancer and a Proposed Modification Incorporating Depth of Invasion: An International Multicenter Retrospective Study. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, (2014).
- C. L. Faingold, S. P. Kommajosyula, X. Long, K. Plath, M. Randall, Serotonin and sudden death: Differential effects of serotonergic drugs on seizure-induced respiratory arrest in DBA/1 mice. Epilepsy Behav 37c, 198-203 (2014).
- L. R. Frederick, O. O. Cakir, H. Arora, B. T. Helfand, K. T. McVary, Undertreatment of Erectile Dysfunction: Claims Analysis of 6.2 Million Patients. J Sex Med, (2014).
- G. M. Fried et al., ASGE's assessment of competency in endoscopy evaluation tools for colonoscopy and EGD. Gastrointest Endosc 80, 366-367 (2014).
- H. Han, D. S. Resch, R. A. Kovach, Educational technology in medical education. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S39-43 (2013).
- J. M. Howard, J. M. Nuguid, D. Ngole, H. Nguyen, Tcf3 expression marks both stem and progenitor cells in multiple epithelia. Development, (2014).
- D. L. Klamen, K. Sanserino, P. Skolnik, Patient safety education: what was, what is, and what will be? Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S44-49 (2013).
- C. H. Lin, K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Immediate Tissue Transplantation in Upper Limb Trauma: Spare Parts Reconstruction. Clin Plast Surg 41, 397-406 (2014).
- J. D. Mellinger, The Core of Competence: It's a Matter of the Heart. J Surg Educ, (2014).
- A. M. Metz, Racial and ethnic underrepresentation in medicine: lessons from the past and a vision of the future. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S33-38 (2013).
- M. W. Neumeister, K. Webb, K. McKenna, Non-surgical Management of Metacarpal Fractures. Clin Plast Surg 41, 451-461 (2014).
- N. K. Roberts, L. D. Coplit, Future focus for professional development. Teach Learn Med 25 Suppl 1, S57-61 (2013).
- M. Sadagurski et al., Long-lived crowded-litter mice exhibit lasting effects on insulin sensitivity and energy homeostasis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306, E1305-1314 (2014).
- P. J. Shah, S. Bergman, S. Vegi, V. Sundareshan, Fusarium Peritonitis Successfully Managed with Posaconazole and Catheter Removal. Perit Dial Int 34, 566-568 (2014).
- G. R. Stodden et al., Loss of Cdh1 and Trp53 in the uterus induces chronic inflammation with modification of tumor microenvironment. Oncogene, (2014).
- J. B. Tang, M. W. Neumeister, Hand repair and reconstruction. Clin Plast Surg 41, xiii-xiv (2014).
- R. Uy, N. Jacobs, C. Mziray-Andrew, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Diverticulosis in an Adolescent with DiGeorge Syndrome. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, (2014).
- C. Wang, Z. M. Zhang, C. X. Xu, S. A. Tischkau, Interplay between Dioxin-Mediated Signaling and Circadian Clock: A Possible Determinant in Metabolic Homeostasis. Int J Mol Sci 15, 11700-11712 (2014).
- K. Webb, M. W. Neumeister, Early Practice in Hand Surgery. Clin Plast Surg 41, 625-629 (2014).
- R. Yuan et al., Genetic Regulation of Female Sexual Maturation and Longevity Through Circulating IGF1. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, (2014).
- M. Zhang, J. Truscott, J. Davie, Loss of MEF2D expression inhibits differentiation and contributes to oncogenesis in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Mol Cancer 12, 150 (2013).
New Research ARticles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal, S. D. Mendenhall, P. N. Hopkins, Medical Student Perceptions of Plastic Surgeons as Hand Surgery Specialists. Annals of Plastic Surgery 72, 89-93 (2014).
- R. E. Becker, Psychiatry: An SOS Call. Scientist 28, 27-28 (2014).
- A. S. Brodsky et al., Expression Profiling of Primary and Metastatic Ovarian Tumors Reveals Differences Indicative of Aggressive Disease. Plos One 9, (2014).
- J. L. Burgess, E. R. Unal, P. J. Nietert, R. B. Newman, Risk of late-preterm stillbirth and neonatal morbidity for monochorionic and dichorionic twins. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 210, (2014).
- A. Ebrahimi et al., The Prognosis of N2b and N2c Lymph Node Disease in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Is Determined by the Number of Metastatic Lymph Nodes Rather Than Laterality. Cancer 120, 1968-1974 (2014).
- Y. D. Guo, D. T. Nie, Tumor-suppressing 15-Lipoxygenase-2: Time for prime time? Cell Cycle 13, 1836-1837 (2014).
- Y. C. He, F. L. Zhou, Y. Shen, D. F. Liao, D. L. Cao, Apoptotic Death of Cancer Stem Cells for Cancer Therapy. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 15, 8335-8351 (2014).
- R. J. Larson, J. Aylward, Evaluation and Management of Hypertension in the Perioperative Period of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: A Review. Dermatologic Surgery 40, 603-609 (2014).
- C. G. Le Prell, L. F. Hughes, S. C. Bledsoe, Dynorphin release by the lateral olivocochlear efferents may inhibit auditory nerve activity: A cochlear drug delivery study. Neuroscience Letters 571, 17-22 (2014).
- M. Li et al., Dynamic Regulation of Transcription Factors by Nucleosome Remodeling. Biophysical Journal 106, 76A-76A (2014).
- C. Mehner et al., Tumor cell-produced matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) drives malignant progression and metastasis of basal-like triple negative breast cancer. Oncotarget 5, 2736-2749 (2014).
- V. Menon et al., The contribution of visceral fat to improved insulin signaling in Ames dwarf mice. Aging Cell 13, 497-506 (2014).
- M. Mislmani et al., Acute gastrointestinal toxicity after robotic stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for treatment of metastatic gynecological malignancies. Future Oncology 10, 241-248 (2014).
- M. C. Munoz et al., Downregulation of the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis in transgenic mice overexpressing GH. Journal of Endocrinology 221, 215-227 (2014).
- M. W. Neumeister, A. Amalfi, E. Neumeister, Evidence-Based Medicine: Flexor Tendon Repair. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 133, 1222-1233 (2014).
- A. K. Reisenauer et al., Heterozygous frameshift mutation in keratin 5 in a family with Galli-Galli disease. British Journal of Dermatology 170, 1362-1365 (2014).
- L. Q. Rogers et al., Biobehavioral Factors Mediate Exercise Effects on Fatigue in Breast Cancer Survivors. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 46, 1077-1088 (2014).
- M. Sadagurski et al., Long-lived crowded-litter mice exhibit lasting effects on insulin sensitivity and energy homeostasis. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism 306, E1305-E1314 (2014).
- C. M. Swartz, A Mechanism of Seizure Induction by Electricity and its Clinical Implications. Journal of Ect 30, 94-97 (2014).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (Case Presentation). Acta Paediatrica 103, 687-688 (2014).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (Discussion and Diagnosis). Acta Paediatrica 103, 788-789 (2014).
- X. Wortsman, R. Guerrero, J. Wortsman, Hair Morphology in Androgenetic Alopecia Sonographic and Electron Microscopic Studies. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 33, 1265-1272 (2014).
- B. Zhu, M. L. Zhang, S. D. Byrum, A. J. Tackett, J. K. Davie, TBX2 blocks myogenesis and promotes proliferation in rhabdomyosarcoma cells. International Journal of Cancer 135, 785-797 (2014).
The AMA Manual of Style is a an essential tool for those engaged in medical and scientific publishing. The Medical Library has added online access to the AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors (10th edition).
- Quick search and advanced search options to search the full text of the book.
- Browse the table of contents and the index and jump quickly to the section that you want.
- View content on-screen, print in print-friendly format, or download to PDF.
- Interactive SI Conversion calculator lets you quickly convert units of measure.
- Create a personal profile to allow you to save content and searches for future visits.
Where to Access
The AMA Manual of Style is linked on our ebooks page and in the Library catalog. This resource may be accessed off-campus using your SIUSM email ID and password.