Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
15 New Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee et al., Partial nephrectomy for T2 renal masses: contemporary trends and oncologic efficacy. International Urology and Nephrology 47, 945-950 (2015).
- R. K. Boparai et al., Resistance to the Beneficial Metabolic Effects and Hepatic Antioxidant Defense Actions of Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 Treatment in Growth Hormone-Overexpressing Transgenic Mice. International Journal of Endocrinology, (2015).
- M. J. Butcher, R. C. Welliver, D. Sadowski, A. Botchway, T. S. Kohler, How is delayed ejaculation defined and treated in North America? Andrology 3, 626-631 (2015).
- R. Cai, D. M. Caspary, GABAERGIC INHIBITION SHAPES SAM RESPONSES IN RAT AUDITORY THALAMUS. Neuroscience 299, 146-155 (2015).
- M. L. Capitano et al., Ames hypopituitary dwarf mice demonstrate imbalanced myelopoiesis between bone marrow and spleen. Blood Cells Molecules and Diseases 55, 15-20 (2015).
- H. H. Coskun et al., Current philosophy in the surgical management of neck metastases for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 37, 915-926 (2015).
- A. Do et al., Thyroxine modifies the effects of growth hormone in Ames dwarf mice. Aging-Us 7, 241-255 (2015).
- A. Gupta et al., Biocompatibility of single-walled carbon nanotube composites for bone regeneration. Bone & Joint Research 4, 70-77 (2015).
- J. A. Gutierrez-Vargas, A. Cespedes-Rubio, G. P. Cardona-Gomez, Perspective of synaptic protection after post-infarction treatment with statins. Journal of Translational Medicine 13, (2015).
- M. D. Hoban et al., Correction of the sickle cell disease mutation in human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Blood 125, 2597-2604 (2015).
- E. Mamelle et al., Impact of prophylactic central neck dissection on oncologic outcomes of papillary thyroid carcinoma: a review. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 272, 1577-1586 (2015).
- C. S. Martinez et al., GH/STAT5 signaling during the growth period in livers of mice overexpressing GH. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 54, 171-184 (2015).
- E. M. Pimenta et al., IRF5 is a novel regulator of CXCL13 expression in breast cancer that regulates CXCR5(+) B- and T-cell trafficking to tumor-conditioned media. Immunology and Cell Biology 93, 486-499 (2015).
- Y. Shen, D. F. Liao, D. L. Cao, AKR1B10 in gastrointestinal diseases. Aging-Us 7, 221-222 (2015).
- F. Urbinati et al., Potentially therapeutic levels of anti-sickling globin gene expression following lentivirus-mediated gene transfer in sickle cell disease bone marrow CD34(+) cells. Experimental Hematology 43, 346-351 (2015).
Introducing Sound & Query podcasts
Sound & Query is a new podcast series produced by the SIU Medical Library. We will report on Medical Library events and resources and on topics of interest, including research and actitivies at SIU School of Medicine. Our inaugural podcast includes information about the new National Library of Medicine traveling exhibit, Pick Your Poison, and an interview with Wiley Jenkins, PhD, on his research and poster on e-cigarettes..
Play or download the latest podcast from the Library's home page on the right sidebar or use the link to the podcast home page where all podcasts will be listed as they are added.
30 New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- S. Basnet, S. Shrestha, A. Ghimire, D. Timila, J. Gurung, U. Karki, N. Adhikari, J. Andoh, J. Koirala, Development of a PICU in Nepal: the experience of the first year. Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies 15, e314-320 (2014); published online EpubSep (10.1097/pcc.0000000000000201).
- C. A. Bauer, J. Berry, T. J. Brozoski, Clinical trials supported by the Tinnitus Research Consortium: Lessons learned, the Southern Illinois University experience. Hearing research, (2015); published online EpubMay 14 (10.1016/j.heares.2015.05.001).
- M. J. Butcher, R. C. Welliver, Jr., D. Sadowski, A. Botchway, T. S. Kohler, How is delayed ejaculation defined and treated in North America? Andrology 3, 626-631 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1111/andr.12041).
- A. T. Cacace, T. Brozoski, B. Berkowitz, C. Bauer, B. Odintsov, M. Bergkvist, J. Castracane, J. Zhang, A. G. Holt, Manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI): a powerful new imaging method to study tinnitus. Hearing research 311, 49-62 (2014); published online EpubMay (10.1016/j.heares.2014.02.003).
- R. Cai, D. M. Caspary, GABAergic inhibition shapes SAM responses in rat auditory thalamus. Neuroscience 299, 146-155 (2015); published online EpubMay 2 (10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.04.062).
- Z. Cao, B. Zhou, X. Chen, D. Huang, X. Zhang, Z. Wang, H. Huang, Y. Wang, D. Cao, Statil suppresses cancer cell growth and proliferation by the inhibition of tumor marker AKR1B10. Anticancer Drugs 25, 930-937 (2014); published online EpubSep (10.1097/cad.0000000000000121).
- M. L. Capitano, B. R. Chitteti, S. Cooper, E. F. Srour, A. Bartke, H. E. Broxmeyer, Ames hypopituitary dwarf mice demonstrate imbalanced myelopoiesis between bone marrow and spleen. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 55, 15-20 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1016/j.bcmd.2015.03.004).
- S. Dandapat, P. Bhargava, T. A. Ala, Familial transient global amnesia. Mayo Clin Proc 90, 696-697 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1016/j.mayocp.2015.03.006).
- A. Do, V. Menon, X. Zhi, A. Gesing, D. S. Wiesenborn, A. Spong, L. Sun, A. Bartke, M. M. Masternak, Thyroxine modifies the effects of growth hormone in Ames dwarf mice. Aging 7, 241-255 (2015); published online EpubApr (
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, F. Ali, K. Yang, C. Lee, Popliteal vein repair may not impact amputation rates in combined popliteal artery and vein injury. Vascular, (2015); published online EpubMay 25 (10.1177/1708538115589251).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, A. Nodel, J. A. Heller, The Impact of Body Mass Index on Lower Extremity Duplex Ultrasonography for DVT Diagnosis. Annals of vascular surgery, (2015); published online EpubMay 21 (10.1016/j.avsg.2015.03.038).
- Y. F. El Bitar, K. D. Illingworth, S. L. Scaife, J. V. Horberg, K. J. Saleh, Hospital Length of Stay following Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: Data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample Database. The Journal of arthroplasty, (2015); published online EpubMay 8 (10.1016/j.arth.2015.05.003).
- L. Feng, V. V. Uteshev, Projection target-specific action of nicotine in the caudal nucleus of the solitary tract. Journal of neuroscience research 92, 1560-1572 (2014); published online EpubNov (10.1002/jnr.23436).
- L. R. Frederick, O. O. Cakir, H. Arora, B. T. Helfand, K. T. McVary, Undertreatment of erectile dysfunction: claims analysis of 6.2 million patients. The journal of sexual medicine 11, 2546-2553 (2014); published online EpubOct (10.1111/jsm.12647).
- A. K. Gardner, D. J. Scott, J. C. Hebert, J. D. Mellinger, A. Frey-Vogel, R. P. Ten Eyck, B. R. Davis, L. F. Sillin, 3rd, A. K. Sachdeva, Gearing up for milestones in surgery: Will simulation play a role? Surgery, (2015); published online EpubMay 23 (10.1016/j.surg.2015.03.039).
- D. Ghosh, G. J. Brewer, External cys/cySS redox state modification controls the intracellular redox state and neurodegeneration via Akt in aging and Alzheimer's disease mouse model neurons. Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD 42, 313-324 (2014)10.3233/jad-132756).
- A. Gupta, T. A. Liberati, S. J. Verhulst, B. J. Main, M. H. Roberts, A. G. Potty, T. K. Pylawka, S. F. El-Amin Iii, Biocompatibility of single-walled carbon nanotube composites for bone regeneration. Bone & joint research 4, 70-77 (2015); published online EpubMay (10.1302/2046-3758.45.2000382).
- C. Ha, J. Regan, I. B. Cetindag, A. Ali, J. D. Mellinger, Benign Esophageal Tumors. The Surgical clinics of North America 95, 491-514 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1016/j.suc.2015.02.005).
- C. M. Hill, O. Arum, R. K. Boparai, F. Wang, Y. Fang, L. Y. Sun, M. M. Masternak, A. Bartke, Female PAPP-A knockout mice are resistant to metabolic dysfunction induced by high-fat/high-sucrose feeding at middle age. Age (Dordrecht, Netherlands) 37, 9765 (2015); published online EpubJun (10.1007/s11357-015-9765-1).
- M. C. Jones, T. Lasak-Myall, T. M. Abdelhak, P. N. Varelas, Indomethacin for treatment of refractory intracranial hypertension secondary to acute liver failure. American journal of health-system pharmacy : AJHP : official journal of the 72, 1020-1025 (2015); published online EpubJun 15 (10.2146/ajhp140539).
- E. G. Karroum, I. Arnulf, Characterization of the painful restless legs syndrome. Sleep medicine, (2015); published online EpubApr 28 (10.1016/j.sleep.2015.04.008).
- C. G. Le Prell, D. F. Dolan, L. F. Hughes, R. A. Altschuler, S. E. Shore, S. C. Bledsoe, Jr., Disruption of lateral olivocochlear neurons with a dopaminergic neurotoxin depresses spontaneous auditory nerve activity. Neurosci Lett 582, 54-58 (2014); published online EpubOct 17 (10.1016/j.neulet.2014.08.040).
- J. L. O'Loughlin, D. R. Samuelson, A. G. Braundmeier-Fleming, B. A. White, G. J. Haldorson, J. B. Stone, J. J. Lessmann, T. P. Eucker, M. E. Konkel, The intestinal microbiota influences Campylobacter jejuni colonization and extra-intestinal dissemination in mice. Applied and environmental microbiology, (2015); published online EpubMay 1 (10.1128/aem.00281-15).
- S. Ran, The Role of TLR4 in Chemotherapy-Driven Metastasis. Cancer research, (2015); published online EpubMay 21 (10.1158/0008-5472.can-14-3525).
- P. J. Shah, S. Bergman, S. Vegi, V. Sundareshan, Fusarium peritonitis successfully managed with posaconazole and catheter removal. Peritoneal dialysis international : journal of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis 34, 566-568 (2014); published online EpubJul-Aug (10.3747/pdi.2013.00142).
- Z. Tang, C. Xia, R. Huang, X. Li, W. C. Wang, W. Guo, L. Duan, W. Luo, D. Cao, D. X. Luo, Aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B8 is secreted via non-classical pathway. International journal of clinical and experimental pathology 7, 3791-3799 (2014).
- D. W. Timme, S. Jonnalagadda, R. Patel, K. Rao, K. T. Robbins, Treatment Selection for T3/T4a Laryngeal Cancer: Chemoradiation Versus Primary Surgery. The Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology, (2015); published online EpubMay 19 (10.1177/0003489415588130).
- R. G. Williams, G. L. Dunnington, J. D. Mellinger, D. L. Klamen, Placing constraints on the use of the ACGME milestones: a commentary on the limitations of global performance ratings. Acad Med 90, 404-407 (2015); published online EpubApr (10.1097/acm.0000000000000507).
- M. L. Wilson, Reply to "Surgical margins for melanoma in situ: when 5-mm margins are really 9 mm". Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 72, 745 (2015); published online EpubApr (10.1016/j.jaad.2014.12.015).
- X. Wortsman, L. Ma, W. K. Chung, J. Wortsman, Evaluation of the CAV1 gene in clinically, sonographically and histologically proven morphea patients. Experimental dermatology, (2015); published online EpubMay 2 (10.1111/exd.12743).
Library Hosts New NLM Traveling Exhibit
Pick Your Poison: Intoxicating Pleasures & Medical Prescriptions be on display in the Library from June 1 through July 11, 2015.
The six-banner traveling exhibition covers the history of tobacco,alcohol, cocaine, opium, and marijuana in this country. Pick Your Poison: Intoxicating Pleasures & Medical Prescriptions explores the factors that have shaped the changing definitions of some of our most potent drugs, from medical miracle to social menace.
The Medical Library will supplement the exhibit with relevant posters from SIU School of Medicine researchers and books from the Library's Special Collections.