Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Meet Your Police Department Brown Bag Session
Members of the healthcare community, the SIU School of Medicine’s Office of Police and Security, and the Springfield Police Department will discuss how criminal activity affects both patients and law enforcement, prevention programs which have been effective in other communities, and ways for Health Care and Law Enforcement to share strategies and resources.
Everyone is needed, so please join us!!
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
SIU Medical Library, 801 N Rutledge, 4th Floor
Dirksen Conference Room
What's New in PubMed from SIUSM Authors
- T. E. Abrams, R. J. Ogletree, D. Ratnapradipa, M. W. Neumeister, Adult survivors' lived experience of burns and post-burn health: A qualitative analysis. Burns 42, 152-162 (2016).
- A. A. Anoushiravani, J. Patton, Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Big Data, Big Research: Implementing Population Health-Based Research Models and Integrating Care to Reduce Cost and Improve Outcomes. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 717-724 (2016).
- A. A. Anoushiravani, Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, P. K. Wong, K. J. Saleh, High Reliability of Care in Orthopedic Surgery: Are We There Yet? Orthop Clin North Am 47, 689-695 (2016).
- V. N. Ayyagari, T. J. Hsieh, P. L. Diaz-Sylvester, L. Brard, Evaluation of the cytotoxicity of the Bithionol - cisplatin combination in a panel of human ovarian cancer cell lines. BMC Cancer 17, 49 (2017).
- W. Baas, T. S. Kohler, Testosterone replacement therapy and voiding dysfunction. Transl Androl Urol 5, 890-897 (2016).
- K. C. Bagley et al., An Interleukin 12 Adjuvanted Herpes Simplex Virus 2 DNA Vaccine Is More Protective Than a Glycoprotein D Subunit Vaccine in a High-Dose Murine Challenge Model. Viral Immunol, (2017).
- G. Barinaga, M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, R. B. Siegrist, K. J. Saleh, Affordable Care Organizations and Bundled Pricing: A New Philosophy of Care. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 707-716 (2016).
- K. C. Campbell et al., D-methionine (D-met) significantly reduces kanamycin-induced ototoxicity in pigmented guinea pigs. Int J Audiol 55, 273-278 (2016).
- M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, A. A. Anoushiravani, Z. Sayeed, K. J. Saleh, Reducing 30-day Readmission After Joint Replacement. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 673-680 (2016).
- M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Health Care Reform: Impact on Total Joint Replacement. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 645-652 (2016).
- K. J. DeLay, T. S. Kohler, Testosterone and the Prostate: Artifacts and Truths. Urol Clin North Am 43, 405-412 (2016).
- K. J. DeLay, K. T. McVary, Convective Water Vapor Energy for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Urol Clin North Am 43, 371-375 (2016).
- A. Dua et al., The Impact of Physician Specialization on Clinical and Hospital Outcomes in Patients Undergoing EVAR and TEVAR. Ann Vasc Surg 35, 138-146 (2016).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, J. A. Heller, The Impact of Race on Advanced Chronic Venous Insufficiency. Ann Vasc Surg 34, 152-156 (2016).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, C. J. Lee, J. A. Heller, National Trends in Deep Vein Thrombosis following Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement in the United States. Ann Vasc Surg 38, 310-314 (2017).
- A. Dua et al., Preventable Complications Driving Rising Costs in Management of Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia. Ann Vasc Surg 33, 144-148 (2016).
- R. J. Elble, The essential tremor syndromes. Curr Opin Neurol 29, 507-512 (2016).
- J. R. Fisk et al., Suggested Guidelines for the Prescription of Orthotic Services, Device Delivery, Education, and Follow-up Care: A Multidisciplinary White Paper. Mil Med 181, 11-17 (2016).
- D. Hatz, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. C. Chambers, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Approach to Decrease Infection Following Total Joint Arthroplasty. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 661-671 (2016).
- G. Hile, M. L. Wilson, Verrucous plaque on the leg. Cutis 98, 294;318;319 (2016).
- T. Hudali, M. Papireddy, M. Bhattarai, A. Deckard, S. Hingle, Evaluating YouTube as a Source of Patient Education on the Role of the Hospitalist: A Cross-Sectional Study. Interact J Med Res 6, e1 (2017).
- C. Jaeger, C. Xu, M. Sun, S. Krager, S. A. Tischkau, Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-deficient mice are protected from high fat diet-induced changes in metabolic rhythms. Chronobiol Int, 1-19 (2017).
- S. Jaligama et al., Regulatory T cells and IL10 suppress pulmonary host defense during early-life exposure to radical containing combustion derived ultrafine particulate matter. Respir Res 18, 15 (2017).
- W. D. Jenkins et al., Comparison of Cancer-specific and General Health Literacy Assessments in an Educated Population: Correlations and Modifying Factors. J Cancer Educ 31, 268-271 (2016).
- N. Khan, A. Michael, A. Choucair, E. Bit-Ivan, Trigeminal Ganglioneuroma: A Rare Case of Trigeminal Neuralgia Caused by Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor. World Neurosurg, (2016).
- J. J. Koopman et al., Measuring aging rates of mice subjected to caloric restriction and genetic disruption of growth hormone signaling. Aging (Albany NY) 8, 539-546 (2016).
- R. Lange, S. J. Verhulst, N. K. Roberts, J. K. Dorsey, Rasch analysis of professional behavior in medical education. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 20, 1179-1194 (2015).
- W. Matthews, It's time for CMS to utilize functional assessment as a key quality component. Am J Manag Care 21, e450-451 (2015).
- K. T. McVary, C. Welliver, Preface. Urol Clin North Am 43, xv (2016).
- S. D. Mendenhall, J. D. Sawyer, J. M. Adkinson, Artery-Only Ear Replantation in a Child: A Case Report With Daily Photographic Documentation. Eplasty 16, e39 (2016).
- L. M. Neff et al., Core body temperature is lower in postmenopausal women than premenopausal women: potential implications for energy metabolism and midlife weight gain. Cardiovasc Endocrinol 5, 151-154 (2016).
- M. R. Papireddy, S. Nandish, G. J. Mishkel, Recurrent spontaneous coronary artery dissection: First case report in men with three episodes of spontaneous coronary dissection in separate vascular territories. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 87, E192-196 (2016).
- J. D. Ring, A. A. Lwin, T. S. Kohler, Current medical management of endocrine-related male infertility. Asian J Androl 18, 357-363 (2016).
- J. Ring et al., The Utility of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin in Hypogonadism and Infertile Males. J Urol, (2017).
- V. Rogers et al., Keep Kids in School: A Collaborative Community Effort to Increase Compliance With State-Mandated Health Requirements. J Sch Health 86, 382-385 (2016).
- D. J. Royer, M. M. Carr, A. J. Chucair-Elliott, W. P. Halford, D. J. Carr, Impact of type 1 interferon on the safety and immunogenicity of an experimental live-attenuated herpes simplex virus type 1 vaccine in mice. J Virol, (2017).
- P. Samson et al., Adhering to Quality Measures in Esophagectomy Is Associated With Improved Survival in All Stages of Esophageal Cancer. Ann Thorac Surg, (2017).
- Z. Sayeed, M. M. El-Othmani, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. C. Chambers, K. J. Saleh, Planning, Building, and Maintaining a Successful Musculoskeletal Service Line. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 681-688 (2016).
- P. M. Schmees et al., Outcomes of an extended-infusion piperacillin-tazobactam protocol implementation in a community teaching hospital adult intensive care unit. Am J Health Syst Pharm 73, S100-105 (2016).
- A. Schneider et al., Changes of Ovarian microRNA Profile in Long-Living Ames Dwarf Mice during Aging. PLoS One 12, e0169213 (2017).
- R. P. Shah, V. Alluri, S. Sharma, Treatment of Agitation in Huntington's Disease With Electroconvulsive Therapy. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci, appineuropsych16080161 (2017).
- S. H. Shaha, Z. Sayeed, A. A. Anoushiravani, M. M. El-Othmani, K. J. Saleh, Big Data, Big Problems: Incorporating Mission, Values, and Culture in Provider Affiliations. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 725-732 (2016).
- K. L. Stratton et al., Outcome of genetic evaluation of patients with kidney cancer referred for suspected hereditary cancer syndromes. Urol Oncol 34, 238.e231-237 (2016).
- S. A. Thomas et al., Beginning the Work of Integration: An Investigation of Primary Care Physicians' Attitudes Toward Psychiatry. Acad Psychiatry 40, 604-607 (2016).
- O. Villamizar et al., Fas-antisense long noncoding RNA is differentially expressed during maturation of human erythrocytes and confers resistance to Fas-mediated cell death. Blood Cells Mol Dis 58, 57-66 (2016).
- C. Vogler, J. Arnoldi, H. Moose, S. T. Hingle, Interprofessional education involving medical and pharmacy students during transitions of care. J Interprof Care, 1-3 (2017).
- M. Walters et al., Reducing Length of Stay in Total Joint Arthroplasty Care. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 653-660 (2016).
- H. A. Zeineddine, M. M. El-Othmani, Z. Sayeed, M. C. Chambers, K. J. Saleh, Patient Centeredness in Total Joint Replacement: Beyond the Slogan. Orthop Clin North Am 47, 697-706 (2016).
What's New in Web of Science from SIUSM Authors
- G. Barinaga et al., Effect of Time of Operation on Hip Fracture Outcomes: A Retrospective Analysis. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 25, 55-60 (2017).
- A. Bartke, L. Sun, Y. Fang, C. Hill, Growth hormone actions during development influence adult phenotype and longevity. Experimental Gerontology 86, 22-27 (2016).
- J. A. Bishop et al., Cervical lymph node metastasis in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the sinonasal tract, nasopharynx, lacrimal glands and external auditory canal: a collective international review. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 130, 1093-1097 (2016).
- M. L. Boehler, C. J. Schwind, S. J. Markwell, R. M. Minter, Mock Pages Are a Valid Construct for Assessment of Clinical Decision Making and Interprofessional Communication. Annals of Surgery 265, 116-121 (2017).
- N. K. Gupta, K. T. McVary, Physiological and Pharmacological Studies of the Prostate Gland. Journal of Urology 197, S26-S27 (2017).
- F. Hopfner et al., Knowledge gaps and research recommendations for essential tremor. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders 33, 27-35 (2016).
- L. Y. Kadyrova, B. K. Dahal, F. A. Kadyrov, The Major Replicative Histone Chaperone CAF-1 Suppresses the Activity of the DNA Mismatch Repair System in the Cytotoxic Response to a DNA-methylating Agent. Journal of Biological Chemistry 291, 27298-27312 (2016).
- K. Z. Leadbetter et al., The role of post-mortem MRI in the neonatal intensive care unit. Journal of Perinatology 37, 98-103 (2017).
- R. G. Mishra, T. L. Tseng, M. F. Chen, P. Y. Chen, T. J. F. Lee, Bacterial toxins activation of abbreviated urea cycle in porcine cerebral vascular smooth muscle cells. Vascular Pharmacology 87, 110-120 (2016).
- N. H. Naam, CORR Insights(A (R)): Reduction in Cylindrical Grasp Strength Is Associated With Early Thumb Carpometacarpal Osteoarthritis. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 475, 529-531 (2017).
- A. M. Namen et al., Do I Snore 50: A Preoperative Sleep Questionnaire Derived From Hospital Complications. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 193, (2016).
- A. Schneider et al., Ovarian transcriptome associated with reproductive senescence in the long-living Ames dwarf mice. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 439, 328-336 (2017).
- A. Schneider et al., Changes of Ovarian microRNA Profile in Long-Living Ames Dwarf Mice during Aging. Plos One 12, (2017).
- N. Sidhu, J. Srinivasraghavan, Ethics and Medical Practice: Why Psychiatry is Unique. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 58, 199-202 (2016).
- J. Wei et al., The Role of Cell Seeding, Bioscaffolds, and the In Vivo Microenvironment in the Guided Generation of Osteochondral Composite Tissue. Tissue Engineering Part A 22, 1337-1347 (2016).