Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Radon 101 Brown Bag Session
Radon for Homeowners
Patrick Daniels, Bureau of Radiation Safety, IEMA
Radon Testing Pattern in Illinois and Implications for PUblic Health and Medical Practice
Whitney Zahnd, Office of Population Science and Policy, SIU Medicine
January 27, 2017
SIU Medical Library, 801 N Rutledge, 4th Floor
Dirksen Conference Room
What's New in Web of Science from SIUSM Authors
- F. Al-Bagdadi et al., Observation on the ultrastructure morphology of HeLa cells treated with ethanol: Statistical analysis. Ultrastructural Pathology 40, 324-332 (2016).
- S. R. Alanee et al., Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection in Patients Treated for Testis Cancer: The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Experience. Urology 95, 128-131 (2016).
- R. Cai, B. D. Richardson, D. M. Caspary, Responses to Predictable versus Random Temporally Complex Stimuli from Single Units in Auditory Thalamus: Impact of Aging and Anesthesia. Journal of Neuroscience 36, 10696-10706 (2016).
- V. Doshi, S. Shenoy, A. Ganesh, S. Lankala, J. Henkle, Near Fatal Asthma in an Inner City Population. American Journal of Therapeutics 23, E1375-E1380 (2016).
- C. L. Faingold et al., Serotonergic agents act on 5-HT3 receptors in the brain to block seizure-induced respiratory arrest in the DBA/1 mouse model of SUDEP. Epilepsy & Behavior 64, 166-170 (2016).
- G. Hile, M. L. Wilson, Verrucous Plaque on the Leg. Cutis 98, 294-319 (2016).
- S. Hingle, Electronic Health Records: An Unfulfilled Promise and a Call to Action. Annals of Internal Medicine 165, 818-819 (2016).
- K. Howe, D. Griffen, C. Jaeger, Human carbon monoxide factory. American Journal of Emergency Medicine 34, (2016).
- T. S. Kohler, Impact of Surgeon Case Volume on Reoperation Rates after Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Surgery EDITORIAL COMMENT. Journal of Urology 197, 228-229 (2017).
- S. P. Kommajosyula, M. E. Randall, S. Tupal, C. L. Faingold, Alcohol withdrawal in epileptic rats - Effects on postictal depression, respiration, and death. Epilepsy & Behavior 64, 9-14 (2016).
- D. M. Lough et al., Regulation of ADSC Osteoinductive Potential Using Notch Pathway Inhibition and Gene Rescue: A Potential On/Off Switch for Clinical Applications in Bone Formation and Reconstructive Efforts. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 138, 642E-652E (2016).
- C. Montoya-Ruiz et al., Variants in LTA, TNF, IL1B and IL10 genes associated with the clinical course of sepsis. Immunologic Research 64, 1168-1178 (2016).
- D. Pope, C. Wottowa, Mixed neuropathy presenting clinically as an anterior interosseous nerve palsy following shoulder arthroscopy: a report of four cases. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 25, 1699-1703 (2016).
- D. J. Sadowski et al., Kidney Cancer in Rural Illinois: Lower Incidence Yet Higher Mortality Rates. Urology 94, 90-95 (2016).
- Z. Sayeed et al., Comparing In-Hospital Total Joint Arthroplasty Outcomes and Resource Consumption Among Underweight and Morbidly Obese Patients. Journal of Arthroplasty 31, 2085-2090 (2016).
- N. Tehrani, A. Lehman, S. Ganai, S. Desai, Implementation of an Early Palliative Care Referral Program: A Pilot Study in Quality Improvement. Journal of Palliative Medicine 19, 1241-1242 (2016).
- R. A. Trammell, L. A. Toth, Effects of Chronic Diurnal Disruption and Acute Inflammatory Challenge on Mice with Latent Murine Gammaherpesvirus Infection. Comparative Medicine 66, 445-454 (2016).
- B. Voss et al., A Meta-Analysis Comparing All-Polyethylene Tibial Component to Metal-Backed Tibial Component in Total Knee Arthroplasty: Assessing Survivorship and Functional Outcomes. Journal of Arthroplasty 31, 2628-2636 (2016).
- M. J. Young, W. C. Copeland, Human mitochondrial DNA replication machinery and disease. Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 38, 52-62 (2016).
- K. Zhang et al., Essential roles of AMPA receptor GluA1 phosphorylation and presynaptic HCN channels in fast-acting antidepressant responses of ketamine. Science Signaling 9, (2016).
- D. Q. Zhu, S. S. Wang, J. Lawless, J. C. He, Z. G. Zheng, Dose Dependent Dual Effect of Baicalin and Herb Huang Qin Extract on Angiogenesis. Plos One 11, (2016).
- X. Y. Zu et al., Aldo-keto reductase 1B10 protects human colon cells from DNA damage induced by electrophilic carbonyl compounds. Molecular Carcinogenesis 56, 118-129 (2017).
What's New in PubMed from SIUSM Authors
- T. Ala, Donepezil May Reduce Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) Levels in Alzheimer's disease. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 15, 108-112 (2016).
- G. Barinaga et al., Effect of Time of Operation on Hip Fracture Outcomes: A Retrospective Analysis. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 25, 55-60 (2017).
- M. L. Boehler, C. J. Schwind, S. J. Markwell, R. M. Minter, Mock Pages Are a Valid Construct for Assessment of Clinical Decision Making and Interprofessional Communication. Ann Surg 265, 116-121 (2017).
- J. Clemons, K. Robinson, S. Alanee, First Report of ARID1A Somatic Mutation in a Female Patient With Renal Cell Carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer 14, e229-231 (2016).
- B. H. Cotta et al., Long-acting liposomal bupivacaine decreases inpatient narcotic requirements in men undergoing penile prosthesis implantation. Turk J Urol 42, 230-234 (2016).
- R. F. Damiano, L. F. DiLalla, G. Lucchetti, J. K. Dorsey, Empathy in Medical Students Is Moderated by Openness to Spirituality. Teach Learn Med, 1-8 (2016).
- S. Douglas et al., Validation of the Patient Global Impression of Improvement for Penile Prosthesis. Ochsner J 16, 492-495 (2016).
- A. Dua, S. S. Desai, F. Ali, K. Yang, C. Lee, Popliteal vein repair may not impact amputation rates in combined popliteal artery and vein injury. Vascular 24, 166-170 (2016).
- A. Ebrahimi et al., Comparison of the American Joint Committee on Cancer N1 versus N2a nodal categories for predicting survival and recurrence in patients with oral cancer: Time to acknowledge an arbitrary distinction and modify the system. Head Neck 38, 135-139 (2016).
- K. B. Egan et al., Rural vs. urban disparities in association with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia in ageing men, NHANES 2001-2008. Int J Clin Pract 69, 1316-1325 (2015).
- A. El-Zawahry, S. Alanee, A. Malan-Elzawahry, The Use of Urodynamics Assessment Before the Surgical Treatment of BPH. Curr Urol Rep 17, 73 (2016).
- N. K. Gupta, K. T. McVary, Physiological and Pharmacological Studies of the Prostate Gland. J Urol, (2016).
- S. R. Hazelrigg, Invited Commentary. Ann Thorac Surg 103, 224-225 (2017).
- M. Herberts, M. Butcher, T. Kohler, The Effect of LUTS/BPH and Treatments on Ejaculatory Function. Curr Urol Rep 17, 48 (2016).
- K. D. Illingworth, S. H. Shaha, T. H. Tzeng, M. S. Sinha, K. J. Saleh, The impact of tort reform and quality improvements on medical liability claims: a tale of 2 States. Am J Med Qual 30, 263-270 (2015).
- P. Khare et al., Cinnamaldehyde supplementation prevents fasting-induced hyperphagia, lipid accumulation, and inflammation in high-fat diet-fed mice. Biofactors 42, 201-211 (2016).
- C. G. Le Prell et al., Dietary supplement comprised of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and magnesium: failure to prevent music-induced temporary threshold shift. Audiol Neurotol Extra 6, 20-39 (2016).
- M. Lipari, L. R. Moser, E. A. Petrovitch, M. Farber, J. M. Flack, As-needed intravenous antihypertensive therapy and blood pressure control. J Hosp Med 11, 193-198 (2016).
- L. Macklin et al., Glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity are impaired in APP/PS1 transgenic mice prior to amyloid plaque pathogenesis and cognitive decline. Exp Gerontol, (2016).
- B. Mailey et al., Evaluation of Facial Volume Changes after Rejuvenation Surgery Using a 3-Dimensional Camera. Aesthet Surg J 36, 379-387 (2016).
- C. S. Martinez et al., Mitogenic signaling pathways in the liver of growth hormone (GH)-overexpressing mice during the growth period. Cell Cycle 15, 748-759 (2016).
- M. E. Matzkin et al., Alterations in oxidative, inflammatory and apoptotic events in short-lived and long-lived mice testes. Aging (Albany NY) 8, 95-110 (2016).
- C. McNeely, T. Telila, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, C. M. Vassileva, Hospital Readmission after Aortic Valve Replacement: Impact of Preoperative Heart Failure. J Heart Valve Dis 25, 430-436 (2016).
- C. McNeely, C. Vassileva, Mitral Valve Surgery in Women: Another Target for Eradicating Sex Inequality. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 9, S94-96 (2016).
- K. T. McVary et al., Minimally Invasive Prostate Convective Water Vapor Energy Ablation: A Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Study for the Treatment of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Urol 195, 1529-1538 (2016).
- C. L. Mueller et al., Validity evidence for a new portable, lower-cost platform for the fundamentals of endoscopic surgery skills test. Surg Endosc 30, 1107-1112 (2016).
- H. Nepal, E. Black, M. Bhattarai, Self-Harm in Sertraline-Induced Akathisia. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord 18, (2016).
- P. Samson et al., Extent of Lymphadenectomy Is Associated With Improved Overall Survival After Esophagectomy With or Without Induction Therapy. Ann Thorac Surg, (2016).
- E. L. Schiffrin, D. A. Calhoun, J. M. Flack, S. Ito, R. C. Webb, in Am J Hypertens. (United States, 2017), vol. 30, pp. 1-2.
- B. Schwartz, Complete Metabolic Evaluation is Indicated after a First Stone Event: Pro. J Urol, (2016).
- D. T. Selewski et al., Vitamin D in incident nephrotic syndrome: a Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium study. Pediatr Nephrol 31, 465-472 (2016).
- B. Spielman, C. Gorka, K. Miller, C. A. Pointer, B. Hinze, Gender and Race in the Timing of Requests for Ethics Consultations: A Single-Center Study. J Clin Ethics 27, 154-162 (2016).
- T. L. Tseng et al., Induction of endothelium-dependent constriction of mesenteric arteries in endotoxemic hypotensive shock. Br J Pharmacol 173, 1179-1195 (2016).
- P. S. Tsuda, C. A. McNeely, S. J. Markwell, S. R. Hazelrigg, C. M. Vassileva, Mitral Valve Surgery in The Elderly: Should We Treat Atrial Fibrillation Too? J Heart Valve Dis 24, 736-743 (2015).
- Y. Wang et al., Exposure of CCRF-CEM cells to acridone derivative 8a triggers tumor death via multiple mechanisms. Proteomics 16, 1177-1190 (2016).
- Z. Wang et al., Oxidative Stress and Carbonyl Lesions in Ulcerative Colitis and Associated Colorectal Cancer. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016, 9875298 (2016).
- K. Zhang et al., Essential roles of AMPA receptor GluA1 phosphorylation and presynaptic HCN channels in fast-acting antidepressant responses of ketamine. Sci Signal 9, ra123 (2016).