Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
New Research Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- M. Amini et al., Evaluation and management of metal hypersensitivity in total joint arthroplasty: a systematic review. J Long Term Eff Med Implants 24, 25-36 (2014).
- O. Arum, Z. A. Rasche, D. J. Rickman, A. Bartke, Prevention of neuromusculoskeletal frailty in slow-aging ames dwarf mice: longitudinal investigation of interaction of longevity genes and caloric restriction. PLoS One 8, e72255 (2013).
- R. K. Baboota et al., Capsaicin-induced transcriptional changes in hypothalamus and alterations in gut microbial count in high fat diet fed mice. J Nutr Biochem, (2014).
- K. Benton, C. Swenny, S. Cox, C. Fraker, M. Fishbein, Pediatric Outpatient Feeding Clinic: If You Build It, Who Will Come? JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr, (2014).
- C. Bond, O. O. Cakir, K. T. McVary, C. A. Podlasek, Nitric Oxide Synthase is Necessary for Normal Urogenital Development. Andrology (Los Angel) 2, 108 (2013).
- T. J. Brozoski, K. W. Wisner, B. Odintsov, C. A. Bauer, Local NMDA receptor blockade attenuates chronic tinnitus and associated brain activity in an animal model. PLoS One 8, e77674 (2013).
- J. N. Cornu et al., A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Functional Outcomes and Complications Following Transurethral Procedures for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Resulting from Benign Prostatic Obstruction: An Update. Eur Urol, (2014).
- J. K. Dorsey, N. K. Roberts, B. Wold, Feedback matters: the impact of an intervention by the dean on unprofessional faculty at one medical school. Acad Med 89, 1032-1037 (2014).
- G. Durairaj, R. Sen, B. Uprety, A. Shukla, S. R. Bhaumik, Sus1p Facilitates Pre-Initiation Complex Formation at the SAGA-Regulated Genes Independently of Histone H2B De-Ubiquitylation. J Mol Biol, (2014).
- R. Elble et al., Task force report: scales for screening and evaluating tremor: critique and recommendations. Mov Disord 28, 1793-1800 (2013).
- L. Feng, V. V. Uteshev, Projection target-specific action of nicotine in the caudal nucleus of the solitary tract. J Neurosci Res, (2014).
- A. C. Frischknecht et al., How prepared are your interns to take calls? Results of a multi-institutional study of simulated pages to prepare medical students for surgery internship. Am J Surg, (2014).
- M. Illige, A. Meyer, F. Kovach, Surgical treatment for asymptomatic cholelithiasis. Am Fam Physician 89, 468-470 (2014).
- W. D. Jenkins, L. L. Nessa, T. Clark, Cross-sectional study of pharyngeal and genital chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections in emergency department patients. Sex Transm Infect 90, 246-249 (2014).
- B. I. Kalappa, V. V. Uteshev, The dual effect of PNU-120596 on alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor channels. Eur J Pharmacol 718, 226-234 (2013).
- K. S. Kapitan, Airflow during forced expiration. Ann Am Thorac Soc 10, 534 (2013).
- E. O. List et al., Liver-specific GH receptor gene-disrupted (LiGHRKO) mice have decreased endocrine IGF-I, increased local IGF-I, and altered body size, body composition, and adipokine profiles. Endocrinology 155, 1793-1805 (2014).
- C. Lythgoe, K. T. McVary, The use of PDE-5 inhibitors in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hyperplasia. Curr Urol Rep 14, 585-594 (2013).
- M. C. Munoz et al., Downregulation of the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis in transgenic mice overexpressing GH. J Endocrinol 221, 215-227 (2014).
- M. W. Neumeister, A. Amalfi, E. Neumeister, Evidence-based medicine: Flexor tendon repair. Plast Reconstr Surg 133, 1222-1233 (2014).
- M. R. Papireddy et al., The resident audio recording project: a 3-step process to improve clinical communication skills. J Grad Med Educ 6, 367-369 (2014).
- L. S. Premkumar, Transient Receptor Potential Channels as Targets for Phytochemicals. ACS Chem Neurosci, (2014).
- L. S. Premkumar, R. M. Pabbidi, Diabetic peripheral neuropathy: role of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Cell Biochem Biophys 67, 373-383 (2013).
- B. D. Richardson, K. E. Hancock, D. M. Caspary, Stimulus-specific adaptation in auditory thalamus of young and aged awake rats. J Neurophysiol 110, 1892-1902 (2013).
- B. F. Stephens, S. Hakki, K. J. Saleh, W. M. Mihalko, Clinical alignment variations in total knee arthroplasty with different navigation methods. Knee, (2014).
- J. M. Stout, A. N. Knapp, W. J. Banz, D. G. Wallace, J. L. Cheatwood, Subcutaneous daidzein administration enhances recovery of skilled ladder rung walking performance following stroke in rats. Behav Brain Res 256, 428-431 (2013).
- M. J. Tarpley et al., The Role of a Preliminary PGY-3 in General Surgery Training. J Surg Educ, (2014).
- V. H. Thourani et al., Does Mitral Valve Repair Offer an Advantage Over Replacement in Patients Undergoing Aortic Valve Replacement? Ann Thorac Surg, (2014).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (Case Presentation). Acta Paediatr 103, 687-688 (2014).
- R. Uy, T. Hatch, Four-year-old female with abdominal pain (Discussion and Diagnosis). Acta Paediatr 103, 788-789 (2014).
- A. T. Vulto-van Silfhout et al., Mutations affecting the SAND domain of DEAF1 cause intellectual disability with severe speech impairment and behavioral problems. Am J Hum Genet 94, 649-661 (2014).
- R. G. Williams et al., Variations in senior medical student diagnostic justification ability. Acad Med 89, 790-798 (2014).
- X. Wortsman, R. Guerrero, J. Wortsman, Hair morphology in androgenetic alopecia: sonographic and electron microscopic studies. J Ultrasound Med 33, 1265-1272 (2014).
The AMA Manual of Style is a an essential tool for those engaged in medical and scientific publishing. The Medical Library has added online access to the AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors (10th edition).
- Quick search and advanced search options to search the full text of the book.
- Browse the table of contents and the index and jump quickly to the section that you want.
- View content on-screen, print in print-friendly format, or download to PDF.
- Interactive SI Conversion calculator lets you quickly convert units of measure.
- Create a personal profile to allow you to save content and searches for future visits.
Where to Access
The AMA Manual of Style is linked on our ebooks page and in the Library catalog. This resource may be accessed off-campus using your SIUSM email ID and password.
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- S. Alanee, D. Dynda, K. McVary, Management of Early Prostate Cancer. New England Journal of Medicine 370, 2151-2151 (2014).
- A. M. Alex, V. Sundareshan, R. B. McLafferty, FACTORS AFFECTING WOUND HEALING IN DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS TREATED WITH SKIN SUBSTITUTES. Wound Repair and Regeneration 22, A28-A28 (2014).
- P. Bhargava, R. J. Elble, Clinical Reasoning: An unusual cause of transverse myelitis? Neurology 82, E46-E50 (2014).
- A. T. Cacace et al., Manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI): A powerful new imaging method to study tinnitus. Hearing Research 311, 49-62 (2014).
- J. T. Cierny et al., Maternal inflammatory markers and term labor performance. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 210, (2014).
- K. M. Creamer et al., The Mi-2 Homolog Mit1 Actively Positions Nucleosomes within Heterochromatin To Suppress Transcription. Molecular and Cellular Biology 34, 2046-2061 (2014).
- B. M. Derby et al., Semipermanent Filler Treatment of HIV-Positive Patients With Facial Lipoatrophy Long-Term Follow-up Evaluating MR Imaging and Quality of Life. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 34, 142-153 (2014).
- C. W. Fwu et al., Change in Sexual Function in Men with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Associated with Long-Term Treatment with Doxazosin, Finasteride and Combined Therapy. Journal of Urology 191, 1828-1834 (2014).
- W. P. Halford, Antigenic breadth: a missing ingredient in HSV-2 subunit vaccines? Expert Review of Vaccines 13, 691-710 (2014).
- J. E. Harms et al., A Charge-inverting Mutation in the "Linker" Region of alpha- Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic Acid ( AMPA) Receptors Alters Agonist Binding and Gating Kinetics Independently of Allosteric Modulators. Journal of Biological Chemistry 289, 10702-10714 (2014).
- M. M. Henderson, M. W. Neumeister, R. A. Bueno, Hand Tumors: I. Skin and Soft-Tissue Tumors of the Hand. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 133, 154E-164E (2014).
- X. N. Li, W. Q. Chen, J. T. Sheng, D. L. Cao, W. C. Wang, Interleukin-6 inhibits voltage-gated sodium channel activity of cultured rat spinal cord neurons. Acta Neuropsychiatrica 26, 170-177 (2014).
- C. Lythgoe, K. T. McVary, The use of PDE-5 Inhibitors in the Treatment of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Due to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Current Urology Reports 14, 585-594 (2013).
- H. Matsumoto et al., Psychosocial Effects of Repetitive Surgeries in Children With Early-Onset Scoliosis: Are We Putting Them at Risk? Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 34, 172-178 (2014).
- K. T. McVary et al., A Guide for Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Reservoir Placement: Pertinent Anatomical Measurements of the Retropubic Space. Journal of Sexual Medicine 11, 279-287 (2014).
- S. Sheth, R. Brito, D. Mukherjea, L. P. Rybak, V. Ramkumar, Adenosine Receptors: Expression, Function and Regulation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 15, 2024-2052 (2014).
- A. T. Vulto-van Silfhout et al., Mutations Affecting the SAND Domain of DEAF1 Cause Intellectual Disability with Severe Speech Impairment and Behavioral Problems. American Journal of Human Genetics 94, 649-661 (2014).
- R. G. Williams et al., Variations in Senior Medical Student Diagnostic Justification Ability. Academic Medicine 89, 790-798 (2014).