Change in Hours
Summer Hours of Operation Begin:
|Sunday, May 26, 2013
||1 pm to 7pm
|Monday, May 27, 2013
||CLOSED – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
|Tuesday – Thursday (28th-30th)
||8 am to 10 pm
|Friday, May 31, 2013
||8 am to 7 pm
|Saturday, June 1, 2013
||9 am to 6 pm
Summer Hours (June - Aug)
|Days of the Week
||8 am - 10 pm
|| 8 am - 7 pm
|| 9 am - 6 pm
|| 1 pm - 7 pm
New Research Articles from SIUSM in Web of Science
- V. Allaj, C. X. Guo, D. T. Nie, Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs, prostaglandins, and cancer. Cell and Bioscience 3, (Feb, 2013).
- B. Bartholomew, Monomeric actin required for INO80 remodeling. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 20, 405 (Apr, 2013).
- B. Batton, E. Batton, K. Weigler, G. Aylward, D. Batton, In Utero Antidepressant Exposure and Neurodevelopment in Preterm Infants. American Journal of Perinatology 30, 297 (Apr, 2013).
- A. Khafif et al., Level V in therapeutic neck dissections for papillary thyroid carcinoma. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 35, 605 (Apr, 2013).
- M. Kucia et al., The negative effect of prolonged somatotrophic/insulin signaling on an adult bone marrow-residing population of pluripotent very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs). Age 35, 315 (Apr, 2013).
- A. A. Lolis et al., Myogenin Recruits the Histone Chaperone Facilitates Chromatin Transcription (FACT) to Promote Nucleosome Disassembly at Muscle-specific Genes. Journal of Biological Chemistry 288, 7676 (Mar, 2013).
- J. G. Miquet et al., Hepatocellular alterations and dysregulation of oncogenic pathways in the liver of transgenic mice overexpressing growth hormone. Cell Cycle 12, 1042 (Apr, 2013).
- J. L. Nelson, G. E. Woodson, Airway obstruction due to unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Laryngoscope 123, 969 (Apr, 2013).
- K. J. Ozsvath, C. J. Moore, Venous occlusive diseases in women. Journal of Vascular Surgery 57, 46S (Apr, 2013).
- M. R. Pranzatelli et al., BAFF/APRIL system in pediatric OMS: relation to severity, neuroinflammation, and immunotherapy. Journal of Neuroinflammation 10, (Jan, 2013).
- K. T. Robbins et al., The evolving role of selective neck dissection for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 270, 1195 (Mar, 2013).
- L. Shahani, C. Noggle, N. Khardori, INFLUENCE OF INDICATION OF CATHETER PLACEMENT ON MICROBIOLOGY OF INDWELLING VENOUS CATHETER INFECTION. Journal of Investigative Medicine 61, 776 (Apr, 2013).
- L. L. Sheng, M. Yang, Z. J. Du, Y. A. Yang, Q. F. Li, Transplantation of stromal vascular fraction as an alternative for accelerating tissue expansion. Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 66, 551 (Apr, 2013).
- S. Vang et al., Identification of Ovarian Cancer Metastatic miRNAs. Plos One 8, (Mar, 2013).
- C. X. Xu, C. Wang, S. L. Krager, K. M. Bottum, S. A. Tischkau, Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Activation Attenuates Per1 Gene Induction and Influences Circadian Clock Resetting. Toxicological Sciences 132, 368 (Apr, 2013).
- M. Yang, L. L. Sheng, T. R. Zhang, Q. F. Li, Stem Cell Therapy for Lower Extremity Diabetic Ulcers: Where Do We Stand? Biomed Research International, (2013).
- A. Zhang et al., The human long non-coding RNA-RoR is a p53 repressor in response to DNA damage. Cell Research 23, 340 (Mar, 2013).
Recent Articles in PubMed by SIUSM Authors
- D. Banerjee et al., Rural vs. Urban Utilization of Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty, (Mar 27, 2013).
- B. Bartholomew, Monomeric actin required for INO80 remodeling. Nat Struct Mol Biol 20, 405 (Apr, 2013).
- M. Eilers, D. Banerjee, R. T. Beck, P. Freitag, K. J. Saleh, Percutaneous acetabuloplasty: a cadaveric study. Orthopedics 35, e1323 (Sep, 2012).
- R. J. Elble, What is Essential Tremor? Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 13, 353 (Jun, 2013).
- R. Elble et al., Reliability of a new scale for essential tremor. Mov Disord 27, 1567 (Oct, 2012).
- A. Gupta et al., Single walled carbon nanotube composites for bone tissue engineering. J Orthop Res, (Apr 29, 2013).
- S. K. Hota et al., Nucleosome mobilization by ISW2 requires the concerted action of the ATPase and. Nat Struct Mol Biol 20, 222 (Feb, 2013).
- K. D. Illingworth et al., How to Minimize Infection and Thereby Maximize Patient Outcomes in Total Joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am 95, e501 (Apr 17, 2013).
- P. Jalan, L. Dhakal, V. Pandav, A. I. Omar, Status migrainosus as a potential stressor leading to takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Cephalalgia 32, 1140 (Nov, 2012).
- D. J. Kanak, G. M. Rose, H. P. Zaveri, P. R. Patrylo, Altered Network Timing in the CA3-CA1 Circuit of Hippocampal Slices from Aged. PLoS One 8, e61364 (2013).
- T. A. Liberati, R. A. Trammell, M. Randle, S. Barrett, L. A. Toth, Cytokine and chemokine responses of lung exposed to surrogate viral and bacterial. Comp Med 63, 114 (2013).
- Q. Liu et al., LncRNA loc285194 is a p53-regulated tumor suppressor. Nucleic Acids Res, (Apr 4, 2013).
- K. T. McVary, Reply from Authors re: Herbert Lepor. Combination Therapy for Non-neurogenic Male. Eur Urol, (Mar 17, 2013).
- H. Okuda et al., miR-7 suppresses brain metastasis of breast cancer stem-like cells by modulating. Cancer Res 73, 1434 (Feb 15, 2013).
- L. S. Premkumar, M. Abooj, TRP channels and analgesia. Life Sci 92, 415 (Mar 19, 2013).
- B. D. Richardson, T. J. Brozoski, L. L. Ling, D. M. Caspary, Targeting inhibitory neurotransmission in tinnitus. Brain Res 1485, 77 (Nov 16, 2012).
- B. D. Richardson, L. L. Ling, V. V. Uteshev, D. M. Caspary, Reduced GABA(A) receptor-mediated tonic inhibition in aged rat auditory thalamus. J Neurosci 33, 1218 (Jan 16, 2013).
- A. Sattar, J. E. Willman, R. Kolluri, Possible warfarin resistance due to interaction with ascorbic acid: Case report. Am J Health Syst Pharm 70, 782 (May 1, 2013).
- L. A. Toth, P. Bhargava, Animal models of sleep disorders. Comp Med 63, 91 (2013).
- C. M. Vassileva, T. Boley, J. Standard, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Relationship between Patient Income Level and Mitral Valve Repair Utilization. Heart Surg Forum 16, E89 (Apr 1, 2013).
- C. M. Vassileva, K. Kwedar, T. Boley, S. Markwell, S. Hazelrigg, Mitral valve procedure selection and outcomes in patients with rheumatoid. J Heart Valve Dis 22, 14 (Jan, 2013).
- L. D. Volk-Draper, S. Rajput, K. L. Hall, A. Wilber, S. Ran, Novel model for basaloid triple-negative breast cancer: behavior in vivo and. Neoplasia 14, 926 (Oct, 2012).
- M. Yang, L. Sheng, T. R. Zhang, Q. Li, Stem cell therapy for lower extremity diabetic ulcers: where do we stand? Biomed Res Int 2013, 462179 (2013).
Submit a video to LabTV
The recent TEDMED event included the kickoff of LabTV, a new platform for biomedical micro-documentaries. LabTV invites student filmmakers, videographers and journalists to submit short videos showcasing young biomedical researchers. Videos should be 3 to 5 minutes long and can also be made by the researchers themselves.
Creators of accepted videos will receive a credit as a contributing producer, plus additional opportunities to showcase their work on TEDMED.
To submit, post your video to YouTube by September 1, 2013 and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If accepted, you will receive a credit at a contributing producer and the opportunity to feature your work on TEDMED.
For more information, go to http://www.tedmed.com/abouttedmed/labtv.
Need access to equipment and software for working on your video? The Library’s new high-end video editing workstation is available in the CAVE (Create Audio and Video for Education) in room 4125. The CAVE provides faculty, students, and staff with access to specialized equipment and soft-ware for the development of audio and video material for teaching and learning. See our guide for more information - http://libguides.siumed.edu/cave
New Research Articles in Web of Science by SIUSM Authors
- J. P. Agarwal, S. D. Mendenhall, L. A. Moran, P. N. Hopkins, Medical Student Perceptions of the Scope of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Annals of Plastic Surgery 70, 343 (Mar, 2013).
- C. A. Bauer, W. Kurt, L. T. Sybert, T. J. Brozoski, The cerebellum as a novel tinnitus generator. Hearing Research 295, 130 (Jan, 2013).
- D. M. Caspary, L. F. Hughes, L. L. Ling, Age-related GABA(A) receptor changes in rat auditory cortex. Neurobiology of Aging 34, 1486 (May, 2013).
- J. T. Choy et al., Predictors of Spermatogenesis in Orchiectomy Specimens. Urology 81, 288 (Feb, 2013).
- T. Cianciolo, R. G. Williams, D. L. Klamen, N. K. Roberts, Biomedical knowledge, clinical cognition and diagnostic justification: a structural equation model. Medical Education 47, 309 (Mar, 2013).
- E. Davidson et al., Novel deletion of lysine 7 expands the clinical, histopathological and genetic spectrum of TPM2-related myopathies. Brain 136, 508 (Feb, 2013).
- L. F. DiLalla, S. Gheyara, K. Bersted, The Southern Illinois Twins and Siblings Study (SITSS): Description and Update. Twin Research and Human Genetics 16, 371 (Feb, 2013).
- T. M. Grupp et al., Effect of anterior-posterior and internal-external motion restraint during knee wear simulation on a posterior stabilised knee design. Journal of Biomechanics 46, 491 (Feb, 2013).
- T. Helfand, Q. Y. Hu, S. Loeb, K. T. McVary, W. J. Catalona, Genetic Sequence Variants are Associated with Severity of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Prostate Cancer Susceptibility. Journal of Urology 189, 845 (Mar, 2013).
- E. O. List et al., The Role of GH in Adipose Tissue: Lessons from Adipose-Specific GH Receptor Gene-Disrupted Mice. Molecular Endocrinology 27, 524 (Mar, 2013).
- M. Mendivil-Perez, M. Jimenez-Del-Rio, C. Velez-Pardo, Glucose Starvation Induces Apoptosis in a Model of Acute T Leukemia Dependent on Caspase-3 and Apoptosis-Inducing Factor: A Therapeutic Strategy. Nutrition and Cancer-an International Journal 65, 99 (Jan, 2013).
- H. Okuda et al., miR-7 Suppresses Brain Metastasis of Breast Cancer Stem-Like Cells By Modulating KLF4. Cancer Research 74, 1434 (Feb, 2013).
- L. S. Premkumar, M. Abooj, TRP channels and analgesia. Life Sciences 92, 415 (Mar, 2013).
- M. Promkan, S. Dakeng, S. Chakrabarty, O. Bogler, P. Patmasiriwat, The Effectiveness of Cucurbitacin B in BRCA1 Defective Breast Cancer Cells. Plos One 8, (Feb, 2013).
- N. Singh, G. M. Liu, S. Chakrabarty, Isolation and characterization of calcium sensing receptor null cells: A highly malignant and drug resistant phenotype of colon cancer. International Journal of Cancer 132, 1996 (May, 2013).
- P. Strojan et al., Contemporary management of lymph node metastases from an unknown primary to the neck: II. A review of therapeutic options. Head and Neck-Journal for the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck 35, 286 (Feb, 2013).
- S. Tran et al., Impaired Fertility and FSH Synthesis in Gonadotrope-Specific Foxl2 Knockout Mice. Molecular Endocrinology 27, 407 (Mar, 2013).
- J. G. Turner et al., Acoustic Experience Alters the Aged Auditory System. Ear and Hearing 34, 151 (Mar-Apr, 2013).
- F. Xing et al., Reactive astrocytes promote the metastatic growth of breast cancer stem-like cells by activating Notch signalling in brain. Embo Molecular Medicine 5, 384 (Mar, 2013).
- Zemel, T. Koschmann, Recalibrating reference within a dual-space interaction environment. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning 8, 65 (Mar, 2013).
- X. Y. Zu et al., Chemical Genetics of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylases. Molecules 18, 1704 (Feb, 2013).