Black & white public photocopiers
- $.05 per 8 1/2" X 11" page via copycard
- $.10 per 8 1/2" X 11" page via coin-op
Color public photocopier
- $.25 per 8 1/2" X 11" page via copycard or coin-op
A vend-a-card machine is located in the Library. Cards may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of $1.00. Cash value can be added to the cards via the photocopiers or the vend-a-card machine.
Some SIU departments have made copy cards available for use in the Library at the Circulation Desk. SIU affiliated library users may request use of these departmental copy cards and must sign the photocopy log.
Pay for Print
Printing from computers at SIU medical library is handled via a pay-for-print system that works in concert with the existing photocopy card system:
- Existing copy cards with cash value will work in both the photocopiers and the digital printers.
- Costs are the same for black and white photocopies and prints: $.05/page.
- Departmental copy cards that charge to accounts will NOT work with this system
- Color printing is NOT available at this time.
- Library staff will retrieve and copy materials for SIU faculty, staff, and residents according to prior departmental arrangements for services. See the fee-based services page for more information.
- Article Request Form - Requesters must complete one form per book or journal article. Paper forms are available at the Circulation Desk.
- SIU users who use PubMed may choose to electronically forward document requests to the Medical Library through Loansome Doc. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department (217.545.2124) to register for this fee-based service.
A FAX machine is located at the Circulation Desk. SIU faculty, staff, students, and residents may send and receive University-related messages on the Library's FAX machine. Senders must use departmental or personal calling cards for billing of outgoing telephone charges and complete the FAX log sheet.