Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Poster Printing Service
Poster Service Hours
Monday – Friday,
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Posters submitted after 4:30 PM will be printed the next day.
Who may use the service
- Faculty,staff, residents, students and researchers from subscribed departments may print posters.
- Departments pay a yearly fee to subscribe to the service.
What we will print
- Posters related to academic, scholarly, research and clinical work .
- Personal poster printing is not available.
- PowerPoint files
- If other software is used, the file should be saved and submitted as a PDF document.
- Read the Poster Set-Up Guidelines before designing the poster.
Poster Set-up Guidelines
Either the width or length of the poster must not exceed 36 inches when printed.
- Our paper rolls are 36 inches wide..
- The opposite direction may be any size.
- If the poster is less than 36 inches, the requester will need to trim the edges.
- The printer does not print to the edge of the paper, so there will be a small white margin.
PowerPoint's maximum length is 56 inches.
- To get a larger poster make the poster half the desired printed size..
- For example, to make a poster 36 in. x 72 in., make the PowerPoint slide 18 in. x 36 in. We will scale by 200% in the print set-up when sending to the large format printer for a final size of 36 x 72..
Library Staff Support
Library staff do not edit or format posters. Staff can provide some basic suggestions on design and set up.
How to submit a poster for printing
- Option 1: Bring to the Reference Desk on a flash drive or DVD.
- Option 2: Use the School’s secure file server (https://share.siumed.edu) to send to email@example.com
- Posters are printed on a first-come-first-served basis and are usually printed the same day they are submitted.
- Please allow for a 24 hour turn-around time in case of a large number of print jobs.
- The library maintains the printer at the highest level. If a malfunction occurs, the library is not responsible for unprinted posters.
- The library does not laminate posters.
Reference Staff at 217.545.2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org