Medical Library / Information & Communication Sciences
Poster Printing Service
Poster Service Hours
Monday – Friday,
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Posters submitted after 4:30 PM will be printed the next day.
Who may use the service
- Faculty,satff, residents, students and researchers from subscribed departments may print posters.
- Departments pay a yearly fee to subscribe to the service.
What we will print
- Posters related to academic, scholarly, research and clinical work .
- Personal poster printing is not available.
- PowerPoint files
- If other software is used, the file should be saved and submitted as a PDF document.
- Read the Poster Set-Up Guidelines before designing the poster.
Poster Set-up Guidelines
Either the width or length of the poster must not exceed 36 inches.
- Our paper rolls are 36 inces wide..
- The opposite direction may be any size.
- If the poster is less than 36 inches, the requester will need to trim the edges.
- The printer does not print to the edge of the paper, so there will be a small white margin.
PowerPoint's maximum length is 56 inches.
- To get a larger poster use the scaling factor.
- For example, to make a poster 36 in. x 72 in., make the PowerPoint slide 18 in. x 36 in., then scale by 200% in the print set-up when sending to the large format printer.
Use Match Color in the print set-up
- Go to the Printer Properties, click the Color tab and choose Match Color.
- Different printers print in different shades and do not always match the computer monitor.
Library Staff Support
Library staff do not edit or format posters. Staff can provide some basic suggestions on design and set up.
How to submit a poster for printing
- Option 1: Bring to the Reference Desk on a flash drive or DVD.
- Option 2: Use the School’s secure file server (https://share.siumed.edu) to send to email@example.com
- Posters are printed on a first-come-first-served basis and are usually printed the same day they are submitted.
- Please allow for a 24 hour turn-around time in case of a large number of print jobs.
- The library maintains the printer at the highest level. If a malfunction occurs, the library is not responsible for unprinted posters.
- The library does not laminate posters.
Reference Staff at 217.545.2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org