Outpatient Dermatology Clinic
As of July 2012, the SIU Healthcare dermatology doctors have started a program called “Easy Access Scheduling.” The goal of this program is to offer you an appointment to see us within a week of when you need it. If you are due for a regular check up or you have an urgent problem you can call us and we will offer you an appointment within a week. For skin cancer or medication administration checks, an appointment for you can be scheduled ahead of time.
If you are a new or established patient with the practice, you may call our appointment desk at 217-545-8000. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8-4:30 and we take calls all day. Our dermatologists will be available throughout the week and we will work very hard to schedule you with a dermatologist who knows you.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment. If you are late for your appointment, you may be asked to wait until the end of the clinic in order to be seen or your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you must cancel your appointment.
If you require surgical treatment, the options will be discussed during the initial consultation, but a later appointment may be necessary to schedule adequate time for the procedure itself.
Telephone Calls/Prescription Refills
During office hours, the staff will take telephone messages. After a nurse has discussed the situation with one of the doctors, your call will be returned as soon as possible. We will try to contact you within 48 hours.
Some prescriptions may be refilled by phone at the discretion of the medical staff. For your safety, your care should be followed by the doctor at regular intervals while on medication. If you have not been seen by the doctor in the past year, the prescription will not be refilled.
After hours or on weekends, our telephone (217-545-8000) is answered by an automated phone system. You may leave a voice message and we will return your call on the following business day. In the event of an emergency, please call the SIU answering service at 217-545-8000. The answering service will reach one of the doctors or you may go to the emergency room of your local hospital.
The agreement of the insurance company to pay for medical care is a contract between you and the company; although we are happy to help you receive maximum benefits.
It is the policy of SIU HealthCare to request payment at the time of service. As a courtesy we will file your insurance claims and request the reimbursement be paid directly to you. We accept assignment for Medicare, Illinois Public Aid, and several managed care companies. Although we participate in Medicare and accept this approved fee as payment in full, please remember that Medicare only pays 80% of their approved fee; you or your secondary insurance carrier are responsible for the remaining 20%.
Resident Physicians and Medical Students
As faculty members at SIU School of Medicine, we support and encourage ongoing medical education. Resident and student physicians are included in office activities. They share our high standards of confidentiality and we believe their presence is a positive influence on our patient’s care.
The SIU Dermatology clinic is located in the SIU Clinics builing at 751 N. Rutledge, Room 2300, in Springfield, Illinois. Click here to view driving directions.
Services we provide