- The SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Ultrasound received a 3-year re-accreditation with American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM). This is a major accomplishment and demonstrates our continued commitment to excellent patient care.
- Alison Huff, MD is featured in the State Journal Register's article on 'District 186 successful alums'. Follow the link to read more about our very own Resident Physician Alison Huff. http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x1569721525/School-district-web-site-profiles-successful-alums
- The SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology would like to welcome our newest Physician Dr. Kristina Ericsson. Dr. Ericsson is a product of our own residency program who graduated in June of 2011.
- The SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology raised $132 for the Washington Street Mission from casual days in August.
- Dr. Kristina Ericsson will be joining our practice in the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology on September 19th and is accepting new patients! Call 217.545.8000 for more information or to schedule an appointment
- Baby Day 2011 was held Sunday August 28th and was a big success. The Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine offered free 3D ultrasounds as well as a presentation by Mary Knox on female sexuality after pregnancy. Tickets were just $2 with all proceeds going to the March of Dimes.
- The SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology raised $234.00 for Enos School Supplies from casual days in July.
- We would like to welcome our 4 new first year residents and 1 second year resident. Dr. Jesse Buedefeldt-Pollard, Dr. Courtney Cartwright, Dr. Dawn Kirkwood, and Dr. Sarah Rubenacker are our new first year residents. Dr. Vanessa Neimann is our new second year resident, bringing our resident physician total to 14.
- The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology would like congratulate Dr. Miriam Krause, Dr. Xochitl Garcia, and Dr. Kristina Ericsson on completing their four years of residency. We wish them the best of luck as they take the next step in their medical careers.
- The SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology raised $127.00 for the Joplin, MO Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and $57.00 for the Central Illinois Food Bank from casual days in June.
- We would like to welcome our newest Gynecologic Oncologist Dr. Laurent Brard. Dr. Brard specializes in the care and treatment of women with cancers of the female reproductive system and will see patients at both the Carol Jo Vecchie Women's Center at St. John's Hospital and the SIU Simmons Cancer Institute.
- Dr. J. Ricardo Loret de Mola & Dr. Casey Younkin have both been named 2011-2012 Best Doctors® In America. Congratulations gentlemen, this is well deserved!
- SIU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology is on Facebook! Find us at www.facebook.com/siuobgyn to keep up on all the latest news and happenings around our department.