Dr. Robert Abrams
Our physicians and staff strive to provide optimal obstetrical care to pregnant women of central Illinois who have complicated or high risk pregnancies. Our focus includes:
- Complications that can include, but are not limited to, diabetes, preeclampsia, pre-term labor, and multiple gestations (twins, triplets, etc,).
- Furthering education by providing medical students and residents a variety of cases in the field of Maternal Fetal Medicine and involving them in the diagnosis and care of our patients.
- Work in association with the South Central Illinois Perinatal Center located at St. John's Hospital to treat high risk patients.
- We are currently staffed with four full-time physicians trained in the specialty of Maternal Fetal Medicine and two genetic counselors to provide the highest quality care to pregnant women and their unborn babies. This will be accomplished by practicing evidence-based medicine which will optimize outcomes for both the mother and her baby.
- Performing screening and diagnostic tests such as amniocentesis, biophysical profile, non-stress test, and Doppler evaluations.
We hope you find the information on this page helpful. If you have any further questions or would like to schedule an appointment please call 217.545.8000 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Abrams, M.D.
Chief, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Director of Obstetrics, South Central Illinois Perinatal Center, St. John's Hospital
Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology