- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Undergraduate, BA German, Grinnell College, 1993-1997
- Medical School, Doctor of Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 2003
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, 2003-2007
- Graduate, MS Clinical Research, Medical University of South Caronlina, 2009-2011
- Fellowship, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 2009-2012
- Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 2007-2009
- Instructor, Medical University of South Carolina, 2009-2012
- Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 2012-Present
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- APGO Teaching Award, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 2009
- CREOG National Faculty Award, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 2008
- J. Marion Sims Award for Surgical Excellence, Medical University of South Carolina, 2007
- Oliver Williamson Award for Excellence in Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, 2007
- Stork Reproductive Endocrinology Award, Medical University of South Carolina, 2007
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Resident Teaching Award, Medical University of South Carolina 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- American College Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Burgess JL, Unal ER, Nietert PJ, Newman RB. Risk of late-preterm stillbirth and neonatal morbidity for monochorionic and dichorionic twins. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014; 210.e1-9.
- Lazenby GB, Unal ER, Andrews AL, Simpson K. Cost-effectiveness analysis of annual Trichomonas vaginalis screening and treatment in HIV-positive women to prevent HIV transmission. Sex Transm Dis. 2014 Jun;41(6):353-8.
- Cierny JT, Unal ER, Flood P, Rhee KY, Praktish A, Olson TH, Goetzl L. Maternal Inflammatory Markers and Term Labor Performance. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014; 210: 447.e1-6.
- Andrews AL, Lazenby GB, Unal ER, Simpson KN. The Cost of Medicaid Savings: the potential detrimental public health impact of neonatal circumcision defunding. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 2012: 540295.
- Unal ER, Lynn T, Neidich J, Salazar D, Goetzl L, Baatz JE, Hulsey TC, Van Dolah R, Guillette Jr LJ, Newman R. Racial Disparity in Maternal and Fetal Cord Bisphenol A Concentrations. J Perinatology 2012, epub 8 March 2012.
- Lazenby GB, Unal ER, Andrews AL, Simpson K. A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Anal Cancer Screening in HIV-Positive Women. J Low Genit Tract Dis 2012 Jan 5.
- Newman R, Unal ER. Multiple Gestations: Timing of Indicated Late Preterm and Early-Term Births in Uncomplicated Dichorionic, Monochorionic and Monoamniotic Twins. Seminars Perinatol 2011; 5:277-285.
- Unal ER, Lazenby GB, Lintzenich AE, Simpson K, Newman R, Goetzl L. Cost-Effectiveness of Maternal Treatment to Prevent Perinatal Hepatitis B Virus Transmission. Obstet Gynecol 2011; 118:655-662.
- Unal ER, Cierny J, Roedner C, Newman R, Goetzl L. Maternal Inflammation in Spontaneous Term Labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 204: 223e1-5.
- Chapter on Multiple Gestations, Gabbe Normal and Problem Pregnancies, 6th Ed and 7th Ed (7th edition submitted January 2015, not yet published)
- Unal, ER, Robinson, CJ, Johnson, DD, Chang, EY. Second Trimester Angiogenic Factors as Biomarkers for Future Onset Preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007 Aug; 197(2):211.e1-4.
Dr. E. Ramsey Unal and the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine are located at the
Carol Jo Vecchie Women’s Center
415 N. 9th Street
SIU Family Medicine - Quincy
612 N. 11th St.