To better serve the urban populations of Sangamon and Macon counties, SIU Medicine created a Central Office of Regional Programs. This office has a particular interest in the public school systems.
Central Region Initiatives
- Ending Veterans' Homelessness - A community collaborative working to stabilize veteran families in housing, while providing ongoing support as needed to sustain independent living in Sangamon County.
- Keep Kids In School - A collaborative community effort to increase compliance with state-mandated health requirements for school-age children.
- Trauma Informed Partnership - A collaborative group based in Macon and Piatt counties aimed at adopting and integrating trauma informed strategies within a system of schools.
- Medicine as a Career Path - A health career exploration program that provides elementary students a jumpstart into learning about healthcare and the different careers.
- Hands-on Health Care - Hands-On Healthcare is open to high school and college students, community members, and Memorial colleagues who are interested in learning more about healthcare careers. Sessions occur monthly in partnership with SIU School of Medicine and are designed to allow participants the opportunity to engage with current healthcare professionals in interactive settings.
- Alternative to Asset - A Program that provides girls with a safe space to discuss their life goals, Challenges, opportunities, and vision for a healthy life. The goal is to improve the lives of young girls by encouraging them to look beyond their current challenge and build confidence in a better future.
Office of Regional Programs
801 N Rutledge
Springfield, IL 62702