SIU School of Medicine
Jump directly to a section:
Department of Pediatrics
Benefits and Perks
- PL-1 $48,204.00
- PL-2 $49,927.00
- PL-3 $51,570.00
Vacation & Leaves
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year.
- 1 week paid educational leave per year.
- 12 weeks unpaid family or medical (maternity, adoption or paternity) leave per year.
- 2 weeks paid sick leave per year.
- 3 calendar days paid bereavement (immediate family) per year.
- 6 calendar days job search leave (during last two years of training).
- Military leave of absence.
Dependent Care or Health Care Reimbursement Accounts
You can pay dependent care expenses or qualified expenses not covered by your health insurance plan through these respective accounts. They allow you additional tax benefits.
- Health Insurance (Dental/Optical)
- Disability Insurance / Life Insurance
- Professional Liability
- Free parking in a covered ramp at both hospitals
- Discounted health club membership
- iPad provided
- $300 per year for books or $1000 per year for travel to approved conferences
- Meals are provided free of charge to all residents while on in-house call
- Lab coats are provided free of charge
- Access to Southern Illinois University Medical School Library, as well as access to libraries at both hospitals.
- AAP membership
- Subscription to Up-To-Date provided for all residents