SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Department of Pediatrics ~ Pediatric Grand Rounds
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
St. John’s Hospital Bunn Auditorium
August - May
May 1st NO GRAND ROUNDS
May 8th “Pediatric Stroke”
Presenter: Shubhangi Peche, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Division of Child and Adolescent Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, SIU School of Medicine
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner should have:
1. Increased knowledge of diagnosis of pediatric stroke.
2. Increased knowledge of epidemiology and etiology of pediatric stroke.
3. Increased knowledge of current research in the field of pediatric stroke.
Dr. Peche states she has nothing to disclose.
May 15th “Recent Developments in the Laboratory Diagnosis of Infections in Infants and Children”
Presenter: Subhash Chaudhary, MD, Professor of Pediatrics
Division Pediatric Infectious Disease, Department of Pediatrics, SIU School of Medicine
1. Have an understanding of the different laboratory tests available for accurate diagnosis of infections in infants and children.
2. Be able to define new rapid tests becoming available for the diagnosis of infections in infants and children.
3. Be able to use new technology for judicious use of antimicrobial therapy.
Dr. Chaudhary states he has nothing to disclose.
May 22nd “Congratulations, it’s a….girl? Evaluation and Management of Disorders of Sex Development”
Presenters: Rebecca Green, MD, PhD
Pediatric Endocrinology, Springfield Clinic
1. Be able to identify infants and children with DSD.
2. Know common causes and associated medical problems in DSD.
3. Understand the basics of DSD evaluation and management.
Dr. Green is a partner at Springfield Clinic.
May 29th NO GRAND ROUNDS