SIU Center for Family Medicine Clinic
The SIU Center for Family Medicine is the heart of our training program. The resident will use the resources connected to the center to investigate, analyze and integrate the solution for each patient’s problem. The emphasis is on family physician as the problem solver and the orchestrator/manager of all the resources available and needed.
- Located on the corner of 4th Street and Carpenter in Springfield, Illinois
- It is 28,000 square feet featuring:
- 33 exam rooms
- 2 procedure rooms
- Administrative offices of faculty and staff
- Large educational and conference rooms
- The Center is staffed with 43 staff members to support the administration of the residency program and clinic.
- The Center facilitates our emphasis on continuous, comprehensive care that can be delivered effectively within the changing health care environment.
- The Center is located in a neighborhood setting only a few blocks from each of the two teaching hospitals, Memorial Medical Center and St. John's Hospital.
- We have 45,000 patient visits per year.
- We have a patient base of more than 17,000 individuals.
- We have close linkages with all other SIU clinical departments.
- Within our center, close supervision by dedicated faculty ensures that each resident receives necessary help and guidance.
- Daily feedback is provided in a positive, creative and constructive manner.
- Our dedication to teaching and serving the people of Illinois is evidenced by our mission and goals.
- Click here to link to our Centricity EHR system remote site.
- Click here to link to our New Innovations Residency Management Suite