SIU Educational Events
The SIU Educational talks at the James T. Dove Conference Center at 619 E. Mason Street, about a variety of subjects. Ranging from plastic surgery to prostate problems they are an informative and relaxed way to find out about many of the problems affecting people.
To register for any of these events please call Annette at 217-545 7133 or fill in the online form below.
If you missed one or more of your educational events, please click on title and it will link you to a YouTube video recorded presentation.
- Thursday, October 15th - 6:00 - 7:00 - Preventing Achy, Breaky Bones
54 million Americans are living with or are at-risk for osteoporosis and low bone mass. Join orthopedic surgeon Venkat Ganapathy, MD, and nurse practitioner, Tonya Reddy, for a discussion on the silent disease and things you can do to decrease your risk of fractures. They will share:
- Overview of osetoporosis
- Risk factors associated with this disease
- How calcium, vitamin D, and exercise impact your bones
- How to prevent future fractures associated with osteoporosis
Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation 2A Theatre Classroom
228 W. Miller St., Springfield more info
- Monday, October 19 - 6:00 - 7:00 - Shoulder Replacement: Time to Shrug Off Arthritis
The most moveable joint in the body, the shoulder, is prone to developing pain and arthritis. Join orthopedic surgeons Paul J. Cagle, MD, and Mark D. Greatting, MD, for a discussion on these arthritic changes and options for shoulder replacement.
You will learn about:
- Degenerative and other arthritic conditions
- Rotator cuff arthropathy
- Total shoulder arthroplasty
- Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation 2a Auditorium 228 West Miller Street more info
Wednesday, November 4, 2015 - When Potty Training Doesn't End
HSHS St. John’s Children’s Hospital
800 E. Carpenter Street (Free parking available)
Yellow Rose Tea Room (main floor)
6 - 7 p.m.
Free child care and activities available in Conf Q.
- Day and nighttime urination problems can be very frustrating for children and their caregivers. We invite you to come learn more about day and nighttime urination issues for children from our experts, Dr. Ranjiv Mathews and Carrie West, NP.
SIU Pediatric Urology has a voiding dysfunction clinic that specializes in treating children with urination problems through a variety of treatment options.
- Learn about the latest treatments including behavior therapy and medication.
- Learn ways you can provide support at home and at school.
- Determine if you need medical intervention and make an appointment.
- Get all your questions answered.
Thank you for your interest in the SIU Educational Events