SIU Educational Events
The SIU Educational talks at the James T. Dove Conference Center at 619 E. Mason Street, about a variety of subjects. Ranging from plastic surgery to prostate problems they are an informative and relaxed way to find out about many of the problems affecting people.
To register for any of these events please call Annette at 217-545 7133 or fill in the online form below.
If you missed one or more of your educational events, please click on title and it will link you to a YouTube video recorded presentation.
- Jan 28 - Kevin McVary, MD, FACS, Tobias Kohler, MD, MPH, FACS , Shaheen Alanee, MD, MPH
Brad Schwartz, DO, FACS - "Straight Talk about Urology Problems in Men"
- Feb 25 - Khaled Saleh, MD & Casey Younkin, MD - “Bone Density and Health: 2 Fractures are 2 Many”
- Mar11 - Jeffrey Cozzens, MD & Rodger J. Elble, MD, PhD - "An Update on Parkinson Disease Management"
- Apr 15 - 5:30- 6:30 - Shaheen, Alanee, MD, MPH, AFACS & Vincent J. Zata, MD - "Active Surveillance: Use of MRI and Diagnosing Prostate Cancer"
- May 8 - 5:30 - 7:00
SIU School of Medicine’s Tinnitus Management Program offers comprehensive evaluation and management for patients with tinnitus. Join us for an evening with Dr. Carol Bauer, a nationally known SIU tinnitus researcher and surgeon, and Doctors of Audiology, Jennifer Parrish and Kendra Watts.
- June 23 - Stephen Beck, MD "Urology Health As We Age"
- July 29 - Sabha Ganai, MD "Targeting Cancer Therapy: How Cancer Treatment is Determined by Tumor Biology" 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Sept 30 - Sapan Desai, MD, PhD, MBA "Spider & Varicose Veins: Not Just a Cosmetic Issue"
5 to 6 p.m.
Past topics discussed at Lunch With the Doctor. Click on the link to see video.
- July 30 - K. Thomas Robbins, MD - "Who Needs Thyroid Surgery? "
- August 27 - Gayle Woodson, MD - “Treating Sinus Infections in Children”
- September 24 - Kevin McVary, MD - “Treatment of Enlarged Prostate”
- October 29 - Douglas Hood, MD - "Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds"
- November 26 - Jennifer Parrish, AuD - "Treatment Options for Ringing in the Ears "
- January 29 - Ra'Kerry Rahman, MD - Contemporary Perspective on Neck Pain and Artificial Disk Replacements
- February 26 - Tobias Köhler, MD - Diagnosing and Treating Low Testosterone
- March 26 - Richard Bass, MD - What is Chronic Sinusitis and How Do We Treat It?
- April 30 - Ahmed El-Zawahry, MD - Treating Urinary Incontinence
- May 28 - Wendell Becton, MD - Concussions
- June 30 - Kim Hodgson, MD - Aortic Aneurysms
Thank you for your interest in the SIU Educational Events