Patricia Klos, NP-C
Adult Nurse Practitioner
Division of Neurosurgery
Masters of Science Adult Nurse Practitioner:
North Park University
North Park University
Nurse Practitioner, Internal Medicine
RN First Assistant, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
Clinical Nurse Manager, Otolaryngology
Team Leader for Neurosurgery, Operating Room, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
Health promotion, disease prevention and
management of adult and geriatric patients
National Lipid Association
2009 Masters of Science Adult Nurse Practitioner from North Park University
2006 Bachelors of Science in Nursing from North Park University
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Perioperative Plus Associates/Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
- RN First Assist Program, Certificate of Completion, 6 college Credits
1984 Blessing Hospital School of Nursing, Quincy, IL.
- Three Year Diploma Program
08/10 - present SIU Physicians & Surgeons, Inc., NP-C for Neurosurgery
07/09 – 07/10 Adult Nurse Practitioner at Robledo Medical – Internal Medicine; Licensed in state of Il.
08/08 – 07/10 Registered Nurse, Operating Room, Northshore University Healthcare System
08/03-08/08 Clinical Nurse Manager, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Office,
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston IL.
- Registered Nurse, Operating Room, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL.
- Specialty areas: Neurosurgery, ENT and RNFA
- Team Leader of Neurosurgery
- Charge Nurse
- Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL
- Specialties: orthopaedics, General Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery and Burn care
Professional Association Membership
- Member of the National Lipid Association
2009 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners: Certification Program
2009 Completed a didactic educational program for First Line Therapy through Metagenics, Inc.
2001-2011 Certification for professional achievement in Perioperative Nursing Practice
Present Developed and continue to develop client Teaching Materials in the area of Internal Medicine.
- This includes a comprehensive program in therapeutic lifestyle changes.
2005 Presenter at the September 2005 AAO-HHSF annual meeting, along with Dr. Barry Wenig: Death and Dying of the Head and Neck Cancer Patient.
2005 Developing Client Teaching Materials in the Specialty area of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck
2005 - 2008 Received numerous CARE awards for excellence in client service, Evanston
Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston IL.
- CARE award for excellence in client service, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston IL.
2001 Completed a course offered by the AO International in Maxillofacial
Trauma and Reconstruction.
Present Proficient with the EMR through Athena Health
- Electronic charting system (EPIC) instituted hospital wide. Proficient in the use of this electronic charting system-data entry, entering orders, obtaining information, etc.
- Present Familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Power Point