1 year (July start)
Based upon experience plus benefits
Memorial Medical Center; St. Johns Hospital in Springfield, IL
Mission of SIU School of Medicine
Our mission at the SIU School of Medicine, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery is to be a leader in education, research, and comprehensive patient care. We participate in the overall educational mission of the SIU School of Medicine by contributing orthopaedic medicine expertise to all levels of medical education. We inspire and train the experts of tomorrow, through residency and fellowship programs that draw the highest quality of students and physicians.
- Completed SIU application with current photograph attached.
- Your current curriculum vitae and personal statement.
- Letter of recommendation from the Chairman of Orthopedics where you will complete your residency. (If applicable)
- 5 Letters of recommendation from orthopaedic surgeons who are familiar with your career goals and qualifications. Three of these letters must be from physicians practicing in the United States.
- Copy of your ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of your medical school diploma. (if applicable)
- Copy of your residency certificate(s). (If applicable)
- Copy of any other fellowship certificate(s) (if applicable).
- Copy of your USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CS and CK and Step 3 transcripts. If you have not taken these exams, please note when you will take them.
- Sample of your writing within the last two years
Please click here for the application
- Aid faculty in the teaching of medical and graduate students regarding research processes
- Provide guidance in matters relating to basic and clinical research training
- Carry out research projects in Principal Investigator’s area of interest
- Collect and compile data for, and initiate research reports and other manuscripts for, publication in major scientific journals
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts for publication
- Assist the faculty in clinical and laboratory research. This includes co-authorship on any publication originating from work in which he/she has participated.
- Present posters, papers, and lectures at scientific meetings
- Serve on intramural and other committees where appropriate
Current Research Fellow
- 2011-2012 Kenneth D. Illingworth MD
Past Research Fellow
- 2010-2011 Ryan T. Beck MD
For more information, please contact Brooke Robinson, Research Director of the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, at 217-545-1387 or firstname.lastname@example.org