Jacob Monsivais, PA-C
Physician Assistant, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
Studies: Idaho State University B.S.,
Behavorial Science: Utah Valley University
Special Interests: Spine, Back pain, Low back pain, Neck pain, and General orthopaedics
Memberships: American Academy of Physician Assistants
Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho Attended: August 2008 - August 2010 Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Graduated: August 2010 GPA. 3.57
- E.R. Intermountain Bear River Hospital, Tremonton, Utah - Dahlke, PA-C
- Inpatient Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, Montpelier, Idaho – Preceptor: Dr. Clay Campbell, MD OB/GYN Cache Valley Women’s Center, Logan, Utah – Preceptor: Ken Wade, PA-C
- Orthopaedic Canyon View orthopaedics and Associates, Logan, Utah – Preceptor: W. Scott Hunt, PA-C Outpatient Hill Air Force Base, Roy, Utah – Preceptor: David Schow
- Pediatrics Wee Care Pediatrics, Layton, Utah – Preceptor: Allen Hess, PA-C & Stacy Jorgensen FNP
- Psychiatry Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Surgery Intermountain American Fork Hospital, American Fork, Utah – Preceptor: Dina DeMarco
Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah August 2003- July 2008 Bachelors of Science Degree in Behavioral Science – Psychology Emphasis Graduated: August 2007 GPA. 3.47
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah Attended: April 2004 - August 2007
General Studies Two-year break was taken from school to prepare and serve an LDS Church mission, May 2001 until July 2003.
Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah Attended: August 2000 - April 2001
General Studies A six-month break was taken between my graduation from high school and beginning college. This break was taken in order to work and save money for my first year of college.
Provo High School, Provo, Utah Attended: August 1996 – December 1999
Graduated: December 1999
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Physician Assistant Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants: August 2010 Federal DEA Certificate II through V: August 2011 Utah Physician Assistant and Utah DEA: August 2011 Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Certified and Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified: February 2011
Physician Assistant – Orthopaedic September 2010 – August 2011 September 2012 – Present Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Springfield, Illinois
• Spine and General orthopaedics, initial evaluation of new patients, developed and managed conservative treatment, Pre-and Post-operative care, ordered and interpreted imaging, referred for and interpreted special testing, worked with my collaborating physician in proving appropriate evaluation and treatment. Physician Assistant – Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine August 2011 – August 2012 Utah Valley orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare, Provo, Utah
• Sports Medicine and General Orthopaedic initial evaluation of new patients, develop and manage conservative treatment, Pre- and Post-operative care, order and interpret imaging, work with collaborating physician in providing appropriate evaluation and treatment. Act as first assist during surgical procedures. No employment starting from August 2008 to August 2010 due to attending graduate school Chain Link and Ornamental Fence Installation/Repair September 2006- August 2008 Paulsen Fence, Provo, Utah
• Installed or repaired chain link and ornamental fencing, managed and transported material. Student Teaching January 2007- December 2007 Utah Valley University, Orem, UT
• Student teacher for survey and research courses. Instructing students and grading assignments. Environmental Services December 2006 – June 2007 Intermountain Healthcare, Orem, Utah
• Clean and sanitize areas of the hospital, and stock inventory for each department. Patient Account/Medicaid Service Representative March 2005- September 2006 Intermountain Healthcare, Provo, Utah
• Acted as an advocate for the patient, while being responsible for effective billing, follow-up, problem solving, and maintenance of patient financial computer records. Physical Therapy Aide August 2003- September 2006 Professional Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, Orem, Utah
• Responsible for direct patient care under supervision of a physical therapist, helped develop and implement physical therapy treatment procedures, therapeutic activities and life skills training.
Inventory Control and Stocker- Nu Skin Enterprise July 2004 – March 2005
Restaurant Server- Rosa’s Restaurant, Provo, Utah June 2003- September 2003
Two-year break was taken from employment to serve an LDS Church mission, July 2001 until June 2003.
Restaurant Server- Rosa’s Restaurant, Provo, Utah July 2000 – July 2000 Dietary Services- Intermountain Healthcare, Orem, Utah December 1999 – July 2000
McDonalds Restaurant July 1997- January 1999
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE & RECOGNITIONS
Student Academy of the AAPA (SAAAPA) - Student Diversity Committee Member for 2008-2009 Leadership American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) 2008 – Present
Physician Assistant in Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS) 2011- Present
LDS Church Mission to Uruguay, Washington, and Texas 2001 - 2003
Boy Scouts of America – Eagle Scout
Able to communicate at an intermediate level in Spanish and American Sign Language
I have been married for seven years, no children. My wife and I love outdoor activities and being with family and friends. We also volunteer time with charitable organizations: Angels Hands and Children with Cancer. I also enjoy various sports, both as a participant and a spectator.
Edward A Trudeau, MD Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 340 West Miller Street Springfield, IL 62702 Dr. Trudeau is board certified in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. After graduating from the University of Connecticut, School of Medicine in 1977, Dr. Trudeau had the opportunity to train in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. Dr. Trudeau has been practicing in Springfield, Illinois for over 30 years, and has developed a reputation for his unique personality, exceptional medical treatment, and extraordinary patient care. I had the opportunity to collaborate with Dr. Trudeau in developing appropriate treatment plans for my patients who suffered from spinal injuries with possible nerve damage or radicular symptoms. During the time I had to associate with Dr. Trudeau, he was able to observe me as a referring provider, he was able to see how my patients viewed me as a care giver, and I was able to improve my skills in the area of extraordinary patient care due to his example.
Steve Orrock, MPT, ATC Professional Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine 1325 S. 800 E. #215 Orem, UT 84097 Steve is a certified Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer who co-owns Professional Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine. In addition to the standard variation of patients seen in the physical therapy outpatient setting, Steve has had experience working with professional athletes and student athletes at the college and high school level. Because of outstanding health care provided to me by Steve and his office, I was inspired to investigate the medical profession, and later was offered a position with the organization. Steve acted as an initial mentor for me as I began my venture into the field of medicine.
Erin Lock, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC, TNS University of Maryland Medical Center 22 S GREENE ST, 3RD FLOOR SHOCK TRAUMA orthopaedics Baltimore, MD 21201
Erin Lock is a certified Nurse Practitioner, who I had the opportunity to work with while employed with the Division of orthopaedics at SIU School of Medicine. Erin specializes in providing care of acute trauma and Orthopeadic injuries, and has previously worked as a Nurse in the Emergency Department setting. I had the opportunity to work side by side with Erin in the clinic, and shared an office space with her during my time with SIU. Erin had the opportunity to observe my clinic skills, patient centered care, and was able to see me develop and grow my own practice and patient population within the Orthopaedic Division at SIU. Each of my professional references have been contacted and given a copy of my resume prior to receiving their permission to being listed above. I have placed much consideration in the selection of individuals to act as professional references, and I have selected my references due to their certifications, positions, experiences of training me, working with me, seeing me interact on a team and with patients, also due to the overall respect I have for them as professionals and individuals.
SIU HealthCare Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
Baylis Medical Building – Level 5
Springfield, Illinois 217-545-8000