Galina Polevaya, PA-C
Division of Orthopaedics
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Physician Assistant, MMS, Saint Louis University, Physician Assistant Program, Saint Louis, MO 8/2009-5/2012 Billing and Coding Studies, Community College at Forest Park, St Louis MO 6/2008-7/2009 Medical Doctor Degree, Novosibirsk State Medical University, Russia 9/1996-7/1993
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• PA-Certified June 2012
• Basic Life Support (BLS) July 2011-July 2013
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) 2012-2014
• American Academy of Physician Assistants 2009-present
• Missouri Academy of Physician Assistants 2009-present
• ORTHOPEDIC SERVICE, John Cochran VA Medical Hospital, St. Louis, MO Preceptor: Rosemary Ledbetter, PA-C. 1/2/2012-2/10/2012 Actively assisted several orthopedic surgeons in arthroscopic cartilage debridement, meniscal repair, shoulder repair, and total knee, hip and shoulder replacements. Administered intraarticular injections of viscous and steroid medicine, applied casts and splints, sutures/staples. Obtained comprehensive and focused H@P for outpatients and patients going to surgery.
• GENERAL SURGERY SERVICE, Illiana VA Hospital, Danville, IL Preceptor: Sampath Kulasekhar, MD 6/20/2011-7/20/2011 Assisted three general surgeons in more than 30 successful surgeries including appendectomies, hernia repairs, abscess/cyst removal, lesion destruction, bone debridement, sutures, staples, intubations, catheter replacement. Demonstrated strong ability to focus and concentrate on obtaining history and physical exam.
• EMERGENCY ROOM, Barnes Hospital, Saint Peters, MO Preceptor: Chris Pinkerton, PA-C. 9/12/2011-10/21/2011 Properly obtained medical interviews, performed focused physical exams and ordered diagnostics, treatment plans and education. Evaluated labs, ECG, Radiologic tests/CT scan interpretation, sutures/abscess incision and drainage, foreign bodies removal, nasal bleeding control. Able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• PEDIATRIC MEDICINE, Mercy Healthcare, Pediatric Associates, MO Preceptor: Laird Vermont, MD. 5/2/2011- 6/10/2011 Performed physicals, well-child exams, and acute visits. Relayed H&P findings to preceptor, formed differential and educated patients/parents. Technical skills: Labs and Radiograph interpretation, rapid strep testing, and monospot testing.
• FAMILY MEDICINE, Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation, Collinsville, IL Preceptor: Susan Lutjens, FNP. 10/24/2011-12/2/2011 Performed pediatric, gynecologic, & adult physicals, acute visits, wrote/relayed H&P findings to preceptor, formed differential and plan, educated patients on preventative care. Technical skills: Labs and radiographs interpretation, pelvic and pap smears, vaginal and cervical cultures, rapid strep testing, cryotherapy of wart sand skin tags, suturing and removal, skin lesion removal and biopsy.
• INTERNAL MEDICINE, Dr. Kopjas, Collinsville, IL Preceptor:Tibor Kopjas, MD. 3/21/2012-4/28/2012 Interviewed outpatients and composed focused H&Ps. Devised differentials, ordered diagnostics, and developed treatment plans. Inpatient rounds with attending physicians. Technical skills: Labs, radiograph, CT scan, MRI, ECG interpretation.
• WOMEN’S HEALTH, Dr. Herman, Belleville IL. Fertility Partnership, Saint Peters, MO Preceptors: Michael Herman, MD, D. Elan Simckes, MD. 2/7/2012-3/18/2012 Assisted/performed well-women exams, acute visits, OCP education, postpartum/OB visits, observed colonoscopy, LEEP. Technical skills: detection of fetal heart tones and fundal height, OB US scans, obtained vaginal/cervical cultures, Pap smears/Pelvic exams, clinic breast exams, and assisted with vaginal/c-section deliveries. Implanon and IUD placements/removals.
• RHEUMATOLOGY, Clayton Medical Associates, MO Preceptor: John Budd III, MD. 8/1/2011-9/9/2011 Interviewed outpatients and composed focused H&Ps, ordered and interpreted appropriate diagnostic testing, intraarticular injections of viscous and steroid medicine.
• CHILDREN HOSPITAL, Novosibirsk, Russia 8/1/1993-8/1/1994 Pediatric Resident Preceptors: Multiple supervising physicians. Provided quality patient care at all times during the patient's stay. Completed History and Physical (H&P), medical orders, evaluated and interpreted various labs and tests, managed any emergencies of a medical nature while on-call. OTHER
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Private Duty 2004-2008 Medical Interpreter St John’s Health Center, St Louis, MO 2000-2007 Home Care Service of Metro St. Louis, MO 1996-2005