- Achieve excellent patient outcomes by delivering personalized care in a compassionate environment.
- Elevate urologic health care to a higher level by finding ways to prevent diseases and the progression of existing ones.
- Improve the lives and health of people residing in the portions of our state by community outreach and education.
- Enhance the nation's health care system by educating medical and graduate students, residents, fellows and physicians through teaching and continuing education.
- Expand the frontiers of science by fostering groundbreaking research and converting research insights into clinical improvements by taking such insights from the bench to the bedside.
- Essentially, the goal is to become a premier Urology Department through excellence in patient care, patient satisfaction and collegial relationships with the regional and national medical community.
We will offer the best care for patients, their families and the medical community at large from Illinois and nationally by the delivery of state of the art and compassionate urology care through innovative surgery, education and research. SIU-Urology is a leader in patient care, in research, and in educating the physicians of tomorrow. In addition to providing expert care and treatment at our affiliated hospitals and centers, we offer challenging and comprehensive resident and fellowship training programs that offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our goal is to train future leaders in urology, whether in academic medicine or private practice. We’re also dedicated to advancing the field of urology through active programs in both basic and clinical research.
Kevin T. McVary, MD, FACS
Professor and Chair
Division of Urology
Folse-Birtch-Sumner Lecture 2014
Mark A. Talamini, MD, FACS
Professor & Chair,
Department of Surgery
Stony Brook University
The Future of Surgery
St. John’s Hospital
800 E. Carpenter Street
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Grand Rounds at 8:00 a.m.
Read about the Department of Surgery physicians and some of the medical advances being made at SIU in Aspects Magazine.