- Achieve excellent patient outcomes by delivering personalized care in a compassionate environment.
- Elevate urologic health care to a higher level by finding ways to prevent diseases and the progression of existing ones.
- Improve the lives and health of people residing in the portions of our state by community outreach and education.
- Enhance the nation's health care system by educating medical and graduate students, residents, fellows and physicians through teaching and continuing education.
- Expand the frontiers of science by fostering groundbreaking research and converting research insights into clinical improvements by taking such insights from the bench to the bedside.
- Essentially, the goal is to become a premier Urology Department through excellence in patient care, patient satisfaction and collegial relationships with the regional and national medical community.
We will offer the best care for patients, their families and the medical community at large from Illinois and nationally by the delivery of state of the art and compassionate urology care through innovative surgery, education and research. SIU-Urology is a leader in patient care, in research, and in educating the physicians of tomorrow. In addition to providing expert care and treatment at our affiliated hospitals and centers, we offer challenging and comprehensive resident and fellowship training programs that offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our goal is to train future leaders in urology, whether in academic medicine or private practice. We’re also dedicated to advancing the field of urology through active programs in both basic and clinical research.
Kevin T. McVary, MD, FACS
Professor and Chair
Division of Urology
- 4/4 Students Match into Urology Residency more...
- Urology has had a busy four months of conferences and our residents and faculty continue to be a presence at each of them. more..
- Congratulations to the Urology residents who participated in the Chicago Urologic Society Resident Research Competition. Dr. Julia Fiuk (PGY3) received first prize for her project on CT scan imaging of renal masses. Drs. Daniel Sadowski and Joshua Ring (PGY2s) and Wesley Baas (PGY1) had excellent performances as well. Dr. McVary was approached by many faculty from other institutions who commented on the excellent presentations from SIU. On behalf of all Urology faculty and staff, thank you once again for proudly representing SIU at these competitions. more...
- Men's Health article by Tobias Köhler, MD more...