Penile Implants / Prosthesis
Dr. Köhler is a world class, expert surgeon in penile implants. His minimally invasive technique is extremely fast and safe. Dr Köhler has performed over 200 implants and is a physician trainer for other doctors wishing to learn this surgery in both the United States and Germany.
Penile implants are often selected by men who do not respond to simpler treatments such as pills, vacuum devices, and shots. Inflatable implants give a natural-appearing erection which is completely invisible. After you have healed, the penis and scrotum look normal. These implants give a stiff, reliable erection when inflated, and a natural-appearing penis when deflated.
With a penile implant, you can have sex as often as you like, and for as long as you wish. An implant not only restores erections, it can also restore a man’s sexual confidence, which is a tremendous benefit.
Most insurance plans and medicare covers the cost of penile implant procedure. Potential advantages of a penile implant include the following:
- Implants have been available for >30 years
- Are a permanent solution for erectile dysfunction regardless of reason for erection problems
(diabetes, prostate treatments, medications etc.)
- Are usually inserted through a small incision
- Usually an outpatient procedure
- Allow an erection at any time, in a few seconds
- Erection lasts indefinitely
- You control the erection hardness
- You can have an erection as often as you want
- Does not interfere with penile sensation, ejaculation, or orgasm
- Erection does not go down after climax
- Cost Effective as it is covered by most insurance plans and medicare
- Avoids ongoing costs of pills & injections, which are frequently not covered by prescription plans
- Recently upgraded with infection-resistant coatings
- Have high published satisfaction rates (much higher than pills, pumps or shots), and low complication rates
- Are undetectable by most women
- Are easy to operate
- With an implant, you know you will be able to obtain and maintain a hard erection indefinitely. When you are using pills, shots, or other treatments, you are never sure if you will get an erection, how hard the erection will be, or how long it will last. A tremendous advantage of an implant is that it can restore your sexual confidence!